PDA

View Full Version : Doing medical exam early

Blumaan
4th Mar 2022, 08:42
My medical expires in July, however I will be overseas during that time and so the certificate would have expired by the time I return September. I would like to have the medical still valid by the time I get back as this makes things simpler for me logistically. So my question is can one go for their medical 2 months before it actually expires? Is there a rule against this?
Thanks in advance

Sparrows.
4th Mar 2022, 10:13
Short answers: Q1 Yes, Q2 No

Long answer: You can renew your medical whenever you’d like. But if you do it outside the window (either 28 days, 30 days or one calendar month, I just can’t remember sorry) before the expiry of your current medial, your new expiry date, will be the date 12 months from the date you did your medical. Whereas if you do it within the window, you keep your anniversary date, so a 12 month extension to your original expiry.

Blumaan
4th Mar 2022, 11:03
Short answers: Q1 Yes, Q2 No

Long answer: You can renew your medical whenever you’d like. But if you do it outside the window (either 28 days, 30 days or one calendar month, I just can’t remember sorry) before the expiry of your current medial, your new expiry date, will be the date 12 months from the date you did your medical. Whereas if you do it within the window, you keep your anniversary date, so a 12 month extension to your original expiry.
Ah yes I remember reading about that rule now that you mention it. Thank you

Ollie Onion
4th Mar 2022, 22:32
If you renew more than 28 days prior to expiry the new medical will have a new expiry date 12 months from the early exam.