PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Exams/study

Seanmul89
2nd Mar 2022, 22:10
Hi all, I know it’s probably been asked quite a few times and appeared on all forums and platforms, about an effective study method for multiple topics, in this case 3 subjects for one sitting.

I completed the subject content, some note taking and head over to the bank, this way I’d go through the bank subtopic to subtopic and finish. Review any weak areas.

I would move onto next topic and repeat and do this for the remainder.
now going back to the first topic to review I’d forget some stuff. I’d go through it again with more notes and review and this is where I get confused, over doing it and getting frustrated. I just feel it’s not working.

After the first round of bank, should I keep doing the bank daily and just looking at my notes from my initial study ? Or split each day up into 2/3hr sessions of each subject ? I’m all over the place tbh and just wondering and it’s not helping me! I know we are all different but I’m sure someone has a method that has worked for others that I could try? I never stuck to a timetable :( any tips would be great help, thanks :)

flyingpolarbearpilot
3rd Mar 2022, 03:57
I usually did 2 subjects in one sitting. I also did 4 subjects in one of my sittings during my ATPL, but that was during the last ATPL exams since I got into the rhythm and knew from the previous examsthat my method was good. Have you done an ATPL exam yet? What works for me may not work for you. I made sure that the score for each subject in the question bank was consistently over 90% before tests, and reviewed notes for any weak spots, make you understand the material and just don't memorize every question. I did the Pomodoro technique to keep it fresh. 50 minutes study/10 minutes brakes x 3, then one hour brake, then repeat.

rudestuff
3rd Mar 2022, 11:54
I split mine in to 4 sittings. 4, 4, 3, 3. Starting with the hardest and finishing with the easiest to allow any failures to cascade, with the option of another 2 sittings if needed. They weren't.

A natural procrastinator, I can only work under pressure. The best and decision I made was to throw caution to the wind and pay for the exams before opening a single book.
So I booked 4 exams the following month. 2 on Monday and 2 on Thursday. Then I studied one subject per week, Frank Abignale style. The two most recent subjects I took on Monday morning. Then I made use of the next 2½ days to revise the other subjects and took them on Thursday afternoon.

Using a combination of CATS online, BGS, Google and YouTube I managed to average 7 days per subject.