PDA

View Full Version : RAAF C-17 heading to Poland

TBM-Legend
2nd Mar 2022, 09:58
Australia sends $70million worth of missiles and bullets to Ukraine to help fend off Russia's invasion as Scott Morrison declares: 'We will be answering the call'​​​​​​Australia will directly send some weapons and also transfer money to NATO partners for them to buy arms for delivery to Ukraine, Mr Morrison revealed.

RAAF C-17 enroute to Poland...

2nd Mar 2022, 11:08
And we sent Boris...........who couldn't even defend himself against a journalist

Asturias56
3rd Mar 2022, 07:34
He IS a journalist - or he was until he was fired for inventing stories

Herod
3rd Mar 2022, 08:55
That's a bit unfair on Boris. There isn't much he can do as regards action. A no-fly zone would risk shooting down a Russian fighter, and then what..? It seems that a no-fly would benefit the Russians anyway, preventing the, surprisingly effective, Ukraine forces from their own airspace.
I think his listening, while the reporter told the truths about the situation on the ground to the wider audience, was the right thing to do. Before anyone jumps on me, I'm no apologist for Boris.

rattman
3rd Mar 2022, 09:00
Australia sends $70million worth of missiles and bullets to Ukraine to help fend off Russia's invasion as Scott Morrison declares: 'We will be answering the call'​​​​​​Australia will directly send some weapons and also transfer money to NATO partners for them to buy arms for delivery to Ukraine, Mr Morrison revealed.

RAAF C-17 enroute to Poland...

Its got our stock of M-72's and bullets apparently, but most of the support is going to be cash / line of credit

teeonefixer
3rd Mar 2022, 09:48
I was surprised to see (on adsb) at least 3 Indian C17s into Bucharest in the last couple of days, so are they providing supplies, despite India not voicing objections to the Russian invasion?
The long line of transports into Poland (especially), the tanker assets, Electronic reconnaissance (RC135, E6 and E3) plus the CAPs not showing on adsb must take a lot of coordinating and I wonder who is doing that - NATO?

TWT
3rd Mar 2022, 10:11
India is trying to evacuate their nationals from neighboring countries after they've crossed the border from Ukraine

( quite a few students there ) so that may explain the C-17's.

teeonefixer
3rd Mar 2022, 11:52
Thanks TWT

Union Jack
3rd Mar 2022, 13:00
And we sent Boris...........who couldn't even defend himself against a journalist

I usually enjoy your posts, Crab, but I feel that you are a bit off beam if you are referring to the attached link when the lady concerned, perhaps not unreasonably, was using the opportunity to have a go at a far wider (no pun intended) target than Boris Johnson, who sensibly and politely listened her out rather than shutting her down.

Jack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqzk1JNXKm0

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
4th Mar 2022, 01:42
I didn't think we had $70m worth of missiles and bullets. The buys will be running around in the bush shouting "Whoosh!" and "Bang!" for the next few years then.

SRFred
4th Mar 2022, 05:23
Can't you see China quaking in their boots with Morrison's threats/warnings... I think Australia would be hard pressed to defend Heard Island from the Tasmanians!

Actually it is "funny" to see the Ukranians handing out firearms to the population when we pulped most of the semi autos that were in Australia in 1996 and now even ban gel and spud guns. Lets not mention shanghis!

Georgeablelovehowindia
4th Mar 2022, 08:52
As ever, it seems there is a bit more to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4IpSKuAR2M

WB627
4th Mar 2022, 10:37
Well that's 3min 52 sec of my life I will never get back :ugh:

Buster Hyman
6th Mar 2022, 12:49
Well that's 3min 52 sec of my life I will never get back :ugh:
Thank you. Got to 29seconds & saw your post below it. *click* :ok: