PDA

View Full Version : A hypothetical....

Gearupandorrf
21st Jan 2001, 17:34
Dear Ppruners- just a quick question that I need some CONSTRUCTIVE opinions on. I am an Aussie with the right to live and work in the UK/EU and by the end of March will have my frozen JAR ATPL. I am trying to plan when I will make the move to the UK and where I will live. Answers to the following would help me greatly:
1. What time of year is an active time of recruiting by the airlines? (especially the regionals)- I don't have many hours.

2. If you were to land at LHR with nowhere to live but wanted to find somewhere central to airline job opportunities, where would you choose to live?

Thankyou all in advance, Gearup.

(And please, no "johnny foreigner" type replies thanks).

Wolf-In-Sheeps Clothing
21st Jan 2001, 19:02
Gearup!
Do try British European (or as they use to be called Jersey European).
I have left thier Ops (or "Logistics" as they call it now!!) some 3 months ago, but as regional airlines go they are quite good.
They have 2 General Fleet Managers (one for Turbo-Props and one for the Jet Fleet). If you contact them you will most probably get a letter from Personnel and the ball rolls from there. Be quite persistent as sometimes the personnel side is rather slow!
They have a mixture of Bases from Exeter (EXT) ,which is HQ, to Edinburgh (EDI)and Belfast City (BHD). There are also 3 French bases and also the Channel Islands (JER & GCI) and Aberdeen (unless they close it soon, they have only just opened it!)But thier main hub is Birmingham (BHX).
The fleet comprises SD-360, Dash-8 200/300 and very soon the 400 series. Also the CRJ-200. With BAe146-100/200/300. There is a rumour that they may exchange/lease/buy a large order of BAE Systems RJX series.
Thier routes are good give them a go!!
If you are willing to re-locate, then what have you got to lose?! :)

E-Mail me if you want a contact name and address.

Best of Luck
P.S Try them anytime!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

------------------
Watch Out....
To Err is Human....
To Forgive is not Company policy...!

[This message has been edited by Wolf-In-Sheeps Clothing (edited 21 January 2001).]

v1rotate
22nd Jan 2001, 16:00
Gearup,

Now is the time the airlines are hiring as they prepare for the summer season. It's getting quite active now although it may not seem like it.

As for where to live, it doesn't matter, as long as you have an address and phone that the airlines can contact you on. You may have to re-locate but I'm sure you'd do that anyway. Cetral London is a little expensive but I do have some knowledge of the prices and places to rent outside London. Email me or give me a call. Good to have you back on-line.

------------------
"Jerry, just remember, it's NOT a LIE if YOU believe it." - George Costanza