PDA

View Full Version : English Language Proficiency Level 6 & SRG1199

worldpilot
19th Feb 2022, 11:30
I have the SRG1199 form signed by an authorized examiner and I am wondering what would be the appropriate way of handling it.

I currently have ELP level 5 on my pilot licence which expired in 2020 and would like the CAA to re-issue my licence with the ELP level 6 as validated by the authorized examiner.

Any pointers from anyone who has recently successfully this process would be highly apprecited.

telstarr
21st Feb 2022, 17:33
The only way that you can upgrade to level 6 from either level 4 or 5 is by obtaining a Certificate of English Language Assessment at a Language School or Approveved Trainging Organisation approved by the CAA for Language Assessment. Approved oragnisations can be found in Standards Document 31. Some ATO's may also be able to carry this out although not listed in their proforma but make sure thay have been approved by the CAA or you will get a rejected application and have wasted money. RTF examiners can give level 6 only at initial issue when undertaking a FRTOL exam.

When you select SRG1199 a link taked you to CAA5012 which is the new form.
The application for a radio licence is now completed online. SRG1106 will take you to this.
You will need to scan and upload various certified forms and identity.

worldpilot
28th Feb 2022, 10:17
Thanks for the information and your clarifications are very much appreciated.