PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Deal At China Airlines??

right side up
24th Aug 2002, 10:30
They are looking for expats. But from guys getting interviewed being told only $4800USD with not much time off, to contract companies like rishworth offering lower pay but better time off.

It seems they are jugling thier contract and are not being very clear what they are going to exactly give.

Is it the case of they are trying to screw people over for as little as they can give. Exactly how much can they give.

Because the guys i spoke to are no way going to do the job for $4800 with no benifits.

Does anyone know the real deal???

ditchy
24th Aug 2002, 15:17
the real deal is you wouldn't work for this kind of money

kwaiyai
25th Aug 2002, 21:12
right side up,
hope you saw the forum on CAL loads of info there. Ditchy some of us actually are quite desperate and I personally have worked for a lot worse, but thats me I guess.:p

Avius
26th Aug 2002, 13:26
A known European Agency is offering this contract for $3500 / month for B747-400 FO. Who in the ...... would even think, that a B747-400 typerated and route experienced pilot would even consider that as a serious offer. That is a joke !!!

If CAL needs experienced B747-400 expats to help clean up their safety record, then they'll have to come up with something drastically better than that.

Cheers

gengis
26th Aug 2002, 14:30
For an outfit concerned with 'face', offering this kind of money should give them nowhere to hide it.

:mad:

I spoke with a buddy who's currently flying left seat for them on 747-400. Says they've recently had to take a 20% pay cut down to US$11000 per month. Seems a huge difference with what's been posted here. You sure about those numbers?

Avius
26th Aug 2002, 14:41
Hard to believe, but those mentioned numbers are unfortunately hard facts. Whether they will be able to find somebody qualified is another question.

Whoever accepts these kind of terms, digs his/her own hole for the future. At no circumstances would I go for these conditions and believe me, I am an active job seeker and pretty desperate, but not insane.

Slasher
29th Aug 2002, 08:39
US$4800 pm net only for 744 command? They joking? Christ my monthly "beer and cigarette" allowance is more than that!

And whos going to want to live in crappey dirty TPE on peanuts like that?

BlueEagle
29th Aug 2002, 11:44
Several years ago, (well, four or five), CAL were offering, via agents, about US$9000.00 per month for B744 captains, this went up to about US$11,000:00. The US$4,800:00 figure is either for an F/O position or someone is having a laugh.

Shintaro9
6th Sep 2002, 12:33
What's the deal at CAL? Its a bad deal if thats what they're offering. My only suggestion is that come if the pay and off days offer improves. Think of market rates and what you're worth. And also think that you may not be able to ride out your contract as you might fail those dreaded 6 monthly check rides or medicals. Korea, Asiana, China (mainland) and the gulf are opening up. Better pay and conditions could be found there IMHO.

pilot31
7th Sep 2002, 18:13
Shintaro9
And who is hiring or going to hire B737NG FO`s in Mainland or Gulf?:)

extreme P
2nd Oct 2002, 23:46
$9300 USD for a direct hire captain. The earlier numbers are for FO's.

DoMePlease
3rd Oct 2002, 13:02
I am an expat 744 captain with CAL. I DO NOT work for $4000. The number is closer to $11000. Someone is screwing around with this thread. Quite frankly, ppl like to make fun of CAL... which does not make any sense because the conditions at CAL are much better than BA (from experience). Its just stereotypical asian bashing. Please don't start yapping about CAL just because some joker says $4000. Use common sense please.

Avius
3rd Oct 2002, 14:06
DoMePlease:

The $3500/month for F/O (repeat F/O) is a true number, which has been offered through a very well known agency in Ireland. Unfortunately no joke, as this is not even funny.

For a typerated and B744 experienced F/O it is common to earn about 70%-80% of captain salary i.e. $7.700-$8.800/mo. CAL's offer suggests however, that the F/O is just meant to fill a seat, rather than being an actively involved crew-member.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

ejacrew
3rd Oct 2002, 17:40
Avius,
you are correct about the mentality of CAL. if you are currently flying, then stay where you are. CAL job is a joke, i, myself is a so-called cruise captain and been here for over 6 years, most important things is that i am a taiwanese national which would make my assessment as correct as it can be.

AND FOR DOMEPLEASE,
as a captain, you made more than our national captain. you are PAID USD$11000. whilst our national captain only makes $7500, why is there a such big different!!!! because we are treated like CRxP, CAL does not respect its pilots group- that is for nationals.
please tell them the facts and stop bullsxting here, maybe we have flown b4, SHOULD I WRITE YOU UP?

DoMePlease
6th Oct 2002, 06:20
Ejacrew:

Sorry but I don't get what you are trying to say. I get that part about me being paid more than your countrymen. But the rest of your message is a bit hard to understand. I don't even know if you are trrying to say you are pissed at me, expats or CAL. Please explain.

kwaiyai
4th Nov 2002, 18:22
Do me please,
Are CAL still recruiting as Me and others keep getting emails from them. I am still interested whatever.
Thanks in advance.