PDA

View Full Version : ICAO to EASA ATPL Conversion: France

MRFarhadi1996
9th Feb 2022, 11:01
Hey guys,

I was looking for an ATO to convert my ICAO ATPL to EASA but couldn't find any in France, preferably in Toulouse.
Already contacted ENAC (Ecole National de l'Avition Civile) but they don't offer any conversion trainings whatsoever and only ab-initio is available over there.

Thanks in advance everybody.

Alex Whittingham
9th Feb 2022, 16:54
You have a full ICAO ATPL with a current type rating? You are exempt approved training for the theory exams which means you don't need a formal course, you just need to pass them. You need an ATPL skills test on type so you need to find an EASA TRTO for that type.

MRFarhadi1996
9th Feb 2022, 17:22
Yes, I do have an ICAO ATPL(A) with a type rating. I've heard some states (such as Germany or France) need more command hours on the type. I'm a first officer with about 2500 hours of flight time and I'm concerned if those states do issue ATPL with my relatively low experience.

alper os
22nd Apr 2022, 08:15
Hey guys,

I was looking for an ATO to convert my ICAO ATPL to EASA but couldn't find any in France, preferably in Toulouse.
Already contacted ENAC (Ecole National de l'Avition Civile) but they don't offer any conversion trainings whatsoever and only ab-initio is available over there.

Thanks in advance everybody.
Hello,
I have just read your post.
Could you find an appropriate solution for you by now?