PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Trappers ??

t211
8th Feb 2022, 16:41
I Never flew for Virgin thank my lucky stars, It would seem that the Old Trappers are alive and Well. IMHO.There was some in the outfit i worked for. But 39 years on i thought this sort of thing had died a death.
Pilot sacked after 'rumours he fell asleep on flight' wins payout
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10489169/Virgin-Atlantic-pilot-sacked-unfounded-rumours-fell-asleep-flight-wins-payout.html?ito=native_share_channel-home-preview

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
8th Feb 2022, 17:06
I was once asked if I could help somebody on their journey out of the door as part of a sim check. Now long defunct UK operator. I politely refused.

megan
8th Feb 2022, 22:29
What a stitch up, another airline to cross off the list.

macdo
9th Feb 2022, 11:16
Bit of a sad tale all round and you could discuss the command decisions he made. Interesting that he made a claim for 1.7m but only got the maximum UK unfair dismissal cap of 89k. If that total claim was genuinely justified, it was a bit of a pyrrhic victory. As with all things like this, I doubt if all the facts will ever be known and hope the fella can rebuild his career.

Jhieminga
9th Feb 2022, 13:17
No need to doubt, the facts will never fully be known. That's not a dig at anybody or anything but because with a case like this, too many people and opinions are and have been involved. A sad story.

IcePack
9th Feb 2022, 18:38
I would like to believe that the Virgin trainers are honourable humans. Whatever they have to live with themselves.

red9
11th Feb 2022, 16:18
I would like to believe that the Virgin trainers are honourable humans. Whatever they have to live with themselves.
I suspect they are no more honourable than any other trainers . My experience with BA trainers is such that they certainly dont have the morals or conscience to be affected by " having to live with themselves"

Jumpjim
12th Feb 2022, 07:19
I suspect they are no more honourable than any other trainers . My experience with BA trainers is such that they certainly dont have the morals or conscience to be affected by " having to live with themselves"

I suspect you have little, if any, experience with BA trainers from your comment…

Jumpjim
13th Feb 2022, 16:56
Nothing like generalising, being dismissive and rude about literally hundreds of highly professional, empathic, and honest individuals who try their hardest to be fair and kind in how they deal with their colleagues.

But then that’s what being a keyboard warrior is all about though isn’t it…

Case One
26th Feb 2022, 10:35
You certainly don’t know the full story of what happened here, and I obviously have to be very careful about what I say so I won’t comment directly on this case. The Daily Fail is no font of wisdom. Suffice it to say that in other cases when there’s been problems with individuals its not been any single incident, there’s usually been history culminating in a final event. The proverbial “straw”, as it were. As for the training departments (by fleet); well, there’s some fantastic guys, and some really awful ones too. Perhaps that’s the problem with such a small airline. Most of the guys and girls on the line are great, but not all. Just like everywhere else I guess. Show me the perfect human organisation.