PDA

View Full Version : What’s going on at Alliance?

gordonfvckingramsay
8th Feb 2022, 04:25
I have a mate who had a pending start date with Alliance and who has suddenly had it put on indefinite hold. Does anyone know what’s going on? Is it anything to do with the financials being published?

JetFixer
9th Feb 2022, 00:44
Apparently they have laid off some of their engineers at their MRO in BNE. I thought we were on the way out of the pandemic and things were looking up.

Ironpot
9th Feb 2022, 00:57
Impressive new facility at Rockhampton.

unobtanium
9th Feb 2022, 01:38
adelaide is busier than ever, operating qantas flight's while qantas aircrafts are parked up

LostWanderer
9th Feb 2022, 01:44
Apparently they have laid off some of their engineers at their MRO in BNE. I thought we were on the way out of the pandemic and things were looking up.

Have you taken a look around most airports lately? It's generally a ghost town at the ones I have flown in and out of. Hopefully the country allowing tourists in will improve things a little but with most other countries designating Australia as high/extreme risk and ever changing COVID rules I kinda suspect we got a long way to go yet before any sort of normality in this industry.

blubak
9th Feb 2022, 05:33
They have probably taken advice from Joyce regarding not needing engineers,its only a few years back he said that modern aircraft dont need maintenance & compared it to modern cars not needing oil,water etc regularly checked.

Icarus2001
10th Feb 2022, 04:35
Given their six month results were just announced that would not be a reason. Probably too busy to take on too many at once.

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02485028-2A1355824?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

Going Nowhere
14th Feb 2022, 22:51
https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/flights-and-jobs-take-off-in-the-top-end-with-new-jet-base-in-darwin/

so starting on 3 of Air North’s routes while also leasing them 2 E190’s 😬

bangbounceboeing
15th Feb 2022, 00:39
Merge Airnorth into Alliance perhaps ?? Can’t see Airnorth being able to compete against QF(alliance) on ASP, CNS TSV and now Dilli.

Agent_86
15th Feb 2022, 03:33
New DRW Base apparently according to today's presser? :hmm:NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner said the government has secured a deal with Qantas to establish a new base in Darwin for its 94-seat Embraer 190 aircraft.

Mr Gunner said up to 200 jobs were expected to be created under the 30-month agreement, including pilots, cabin crew and aircraft maintenance positions.

The Territory government will invest up to $3.6 million in training, marketing and promotion, as well as incentives to attract workers to be based in the area.

Qantas has announced plans to launch E190 routes from Darwin to Adelaide, Canberra, Cairns and Townsville by the end of March.

“We are working in partnership with Qantas to deliver more jobs, cheaper fares and more flight routes for Territorians,” Mr Gunner said.

BravoSierraLima
15th Feb 2022, 05:43
I had to laugh, all the routes mentioned bar Dili had been announced and operated months ago. I guess the new bit is the NT government contributing cash and LHR flights continuing with the DRW stopover?

After this 30 month deal expires, what next? A220?

unobtanium
15th Feb 2022, 05:46
The Territory government will invest up to $3.6 million in training, marketing and promotion, as well as incentives to attract workers to be based in the area.

I hope this includes 30 months tax rebates and aircon bills paid for, who in the right mind would move to darwin with such uncertainty.

Stationair8
15th Feb 2022, 06:44
The Airnorth pooch has just been screwed.

Airnorth used to operate Bali for Qantas several times a week, then Jetstar was given that flying.

Duck Pilot
15th Feb 2022, 16:02
I hope this includes 30 months tax rebates and aircon bills paid for, who in the right mind would move to darwin with such uncertainty.

Great for those of us who already live in Darwin whom may be interested😀

Going Nowhere
26th Feb 2022, 03:00
QF have just loaded E190 flights ex BNE to CNS, NTL and CBR from April.

Times seem to overlap with current 717/737 times so looks like more 'expansion'

Work on their new maintenance base at ROK has also kicked off.

Icarus2001
26th Feb 2022, 05:31
The Airnorth pooch has just been screwed.
With Alliance Ejets scheduled for DIL TSV CNS that is a great deal of competition.