PDA

View Full Version : Freedom March Graham Hood

Al Symers
6th Feb 2022, 20:42
Why does this “Captain Hood” insist on wearing his uniform to his rant-fest? Is he making a political statement or just making sure everyone knows that he worked for QF? Must be pretty bored in retirement…

Capt Fathom
6th Feb 2022, 20:59
I noticed he did this at a Gold Coast protest. Not sure Qantas would be too happy about that?

lucille
6th Feb 2022, 21:28
Maybe he ran out of tinfoil for a hat and the glorious QF uniform gives him protection from both 5G radiation and the Covid virus.?

Seems as logical an explanation as any to me.

aussieflyboy
6th Feb 2022, 21:31
What a grub for disrespecting a company that would have paid him millions of dollars over his career.

Many pilots put that uniform on proudly as a sign of their hard work and sacrifices made.

Go down to the local pilot shop and buy a different pilot shirt and epaulettes chump.

PPRuNeUser0184
6th Feb 2022, 21:55
Thankfully he is not in command of an aircraft anymore.

ruprecht
6th Feb 2022, 22:01
Australian Idol has really gone downhill…

https://mobile.twitter.com/sos149/status/1489839913910501376

Lead Balloon
6th Feb 2022, 22:09
Lucky his legs grew back!

PPRuNeUser0184
6th Feb 2022, 22:26
Must have been awesome flying with him. I’d have a spring in my step going to work knowing I’m sitting next to him for the next 8 hours.

Captn Rex Havack
6th Feb 2022, 23:16
I once posted on youtube a comment regarding 3 or 4 qantas pilots flying warbirds out of Mittagong. They were flying these things wearing flying suits with full RAAF patches and RAAF wings.
I argued that they should NOT be wearing anything RAAF as they are NOT RAAF pilots. I got torn apart by people telling me they are great guys, I should get a life, I was a loser etc etc.

Fact is - they were not RAAF pilots, they had seperated and in no way retained the right to wear the "uniform." Guarantee they would not walk around in the blue uniform with RAAF wings, rank and name tag, so why the flying suit, wings and patches.

Same with this guy - once you leave, you lose the right to parade as a member. Imagine a retired copper walking around in police uniform. I'm ex RAAF and I no longer wear the uniform, and if I go civvy flying (the Mittagong boys) I am not suddenly back in the RAAF wearing the uniform.

Ditch the unifrmm Hood - you don't work for that company.

ersa
7th Feb 2022, 00:54
I can see you lot get triggered by it, may be that's why he's doing it :)

brokenagain
7th Feb 2022, 00:59

The second video. Wow, that’s a lot to unpack. Based on some of his most recent ramblings, far away from an aircraft’s controls is good place to be for old Hoody. He is becoming unhinged but the gullible lap up every word he has to say.

SHVC
7th Feb 2022, 01:02
Same with this guy - once you leave, you lose the right to parade as a member. Imagine a retired copper walking around in police uniform. I'm ex RAAF and I no longer wear the uniform, and if I go civvy flying (the Mittagong boys) I am not suddenly back in the RAAF wearing the uniform.

Police officer will do thanks.

If any of these were wearing a police officer uniform, report them immediately. It’s an offense to wear, or posses a police uniform unless you’re employed as a police officer or special constable the person commits an offense if doing so. The laws are very strict around this for obvious reasons.

As for the ambulance officer next to him wearing his, not sure if that would be legal also have to look that up.

Clare Prop
7th Feb 2022, 01:20
Why bother wearing an empty ASIC holder when he has no operational need and therefore no ASIC?

WingNut60
7th Feb 2022, 01:31
Why bother wearing an empty ASIC holder when he has no operational need and therefore no ASIC?
He's not doing nights as a baggage handler, is he?

BTW, you think this lot are crazy then take a look at the truckers in Ottawa / Toronto.

itsnotthatbloodyhard
7th Feb 2022, 01:38
Good stuff. I need to somehow incorporate “I demand that Satan and his evil henchmen leave!” into my regular welcome PAs.

Bend alot
7th Feb 2022, 06:04
If you want an answer.

People are asked to attend these rally's/protests in uniform or items that resemble the industry that they worked in.

As for him wearing a pilot uniform any place in public - I personally see no issue UNLESS he is wearing employer logo items (such as wings). I see all over the place pilots in uniform obviously, 1 item removed when drinking.

Is he still a pilot?

The numbers were pretty big in Canberra, takes a lot to facilitate that size of event, for what seems about a week now. Truckers in Ottawa (massive numbers) certainly have out played the police force there & had zero concern when GoFundMe pulled the $9M donations.

I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week, I doubt any other here on Pprune will get an invite.

Oriana
7th Feb 2022, 06:22
Good stuff. I need to somehow incorporate “I demand that Satan and his evil henchmen leave!” into my regular welcome PAs.

Post of the year.

slice
7th Feb 2022, 06:44

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. I’d like to welcome you all aboard this Qantas service to Melbourne. Flight time this evening will be 1 hour and 15 minutes with smooth flying conditions expected enroute. We expect to be underway shortly however prior to that I demand that Satan and his evil henchmen leave the aircraft. Thank you and good evening.

Should still meet the required format for a Qantas PA.🤔

De_flieger
7th Feb 2022, 07:08
As for him wearing a pilot uniform any place in public - I personally see no issue UNLESS he is wearing employer logo items (such as wings). I see all over the place pilots in uniform obviously, 1 item removed when drinking.
It's not illegal, but seeing a retired or otherwise not employed pilot wandering around in their old uniform and epaulettes, complete with a lanyard with company logos for a non-existent ASIC and an Akubra is more than a bit weird. It'd look marginally more respectable if it was a complete uniform, not bits and pieces with slogans written on it, but even then it'd be a bit out there.

I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week, I doubt any other here on Pprune will get an invite.
I'll take that bet. $50 says he doesn't sit down with the PM this week? Especially after the rigmarole of his singing efforts and his "bringing the power of jesus casting out the demons" on the twitter posts.

Edit - Having just spent ten minutes listening to one of his speeches, filled with references to the Anzacs and bringing Jesus back into schools and Lest We Forget and spoken prayer, "more than a bit weird" looks to be completely on brand for him. Would've been a long trip with him on your roster....

ruprecht
7th Feb 2022, 07:08
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. I’d like to welcome you all aboard this Qantas service to Melbourne. Flight time this evening will be 1 hour and 15 minutes with smooth flying conditions expected enroute. We expect to be underway shortly however prior to that I demand that Satan and his evil henchmen leave the aircraft. Thank you and good evening.

Should still meet the required format for a Qantas PA.🤔

I would have though it would come under Threat and Error Management.

“Threats. Well, obviously we have Satan and his evil henchmen to contend with, but I have mitigated that by demanding they leave… weather is good, no MELs…”

De_flieger
7th Feb 2022, 07:38
I had another look, and yes, he is wearing Qantas pilot wings complete with company logo accompanying the lanyard. I'm surprised the lawyers haven't told him to knock it off, people at companies I've worked at have gotten severely talked to for wearing uniform items to things like fancy dress parties when the photos turn up on social media.

wombat watcher
7th Feb 2022, 07:45
If you want an answer.

People are asked to attend these rally's/protests in uniform or items that resemble the industry that they worked in.

Is he still a pilot?

The numbers were pretty big in Canberra, takes a lot to facilitate that size of event, for what seems about a week now. Truckers in Ottawa (massive numbers) certainly have out played the police force there & had zero concern when GoFundMe pulled the $9M donations.

you’ll lose your money. He is a first class jerk. A disgrace to the profession.

TimmyTee
7th Feb 2022, 07:49

I too will take that bet please - put me down for $50 (or any value higher that you’re willing to stake).

Angle of Attack
7th Feb 2022, 08:30
Let’s go back to the start, this bloke is an A pilot so jumped in just after the dispute, got a great gig at the expense of others, I’m not going to mention the S word because it’s been too long. As someone who has flown with this guy for approx 100 hours in the past, can I just assure everyone he was a great Captain to fly with, there was no intonation or stuff he talked about outside of work with all the religious stuff. He just seems to have become unhinged the last couple of years ago with COVID, but that’s normal, some people just find it hard to change with seismic changes in life, especially if everything hinges around the ghost in the sky, I’ve found the more religious types have been the hardest hit these last 2 years as they rely on a fairy for guidance rather than their own will, just my take on it. You need to believe in yourself, not some imaginary clown.

Bend alot
7th Feb 2022, 08:37
It's not illegal, but seeing a retired or otherwise not employed pilot wandering around in their old uniform and epaulettes, complete with a lanyard with company logos for a non-existent ASIC and an Akubra is more than a bit weird. It'd look marginally more respectable if it was a complete uniform, not bits and pieces with slogans written on it, but even then it'd be a bit out there.

I'll take that bet. $50 says he doesn't sit down with the PM this week? Especially after the rigmarole of his singing efforts and his "bringing the power of jesus casting out the demons" on the twitter posts.

Edit - Having just spent ten minutes listening to one of his speeches, filled with references to the Anzacs and bringing Jesus back into schools and Lest We Forget and spoken prayer, "more than a bit weird" looks to be completely on brand for him. Would've been a long trip with him on your roster....
Try this one.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=468973474902482&ref=sharing

P.S this is how Canada is going. Personal Security for Justin Trudeau quits and gives reasons.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VigilantFox/status/1490418278157717518?fbclid=IwAR3sP0SjVG-0Lga1gLLXSoW1SfZSoGVEo_lx0Hw6Nhv1S3AP1bmdV2uALTI
Seems you need to research that link censored.

ruprecht
7th Feb 2022, 08:56
Try this one.

Not exactly Clarke and Dawe is it?

SOPS
7th Feb 2022, 09:50
Not exactly Clarke and Dawe is it?

He seems to attract the religious. I have one very religious friend at work.. who has slowly but completely gone off the rails ( no pun intended) in the last 2 years. Seeing conspiracies everywhere, to the point now he is no longer able to work.

Australopithecus
7th Feb 2022, 10:10
i have a good old ex-friend who went down that rabbit hole and appears, from my perspective, to have lost his rational mind.

I think the suspension of disbelief required of the faithful (of any stripe) eventually ends in them abandoning their critical thinking skills because they are inconsistent with the comfort they find in their god.

Religious people are targeted by politicians like Trump and Morrison because they are a proven particularly gullible subset of the population and can be fleeced out of money in exchange for a few hollow promises.

Paragraph377
7th Feb 2022, 10:12
Why do so many people keep laying into Satan? Leave him alone. Many a good rock band or film actor have sold their souls to the devil and then received major wealth and fame in return. Surely old Lucifer ain’t all that bad?

Bend alot
7th Feb 2022, 10:24
He seems to attract the religious. I have one very religious friend at work.. who has slowly but completely gone off the rails ( no pun intended) in the last 2 years. Seeing conspiracies everywhere, to the point now he is no longer able to work.
Most the crowd (at Canberra) do not seem to fit the religious profile ALL 500 of them.

Bend alot
7th Feb 2022, 10:27
If you have any humour left in you guys - this is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw2b7M_7fIs

prickly
7th Feb 2022, 10:39
Why do so any people keep laying into Satan? Leave him alone. Many a good rock band or film actor have sold their souls to the devil and then received major wealth and fame in return. Surely old Lucifer ain’t all that bad?
He is just misunderstood.

Bend alot
7th Feb 2022, 10:46
Let’s go back to the start, this bloke is an A pilot so jumped in just after the dispute, got a great gig at the expense of others, I’m not going to mention the S word because it’s been too long. As someone who has flown with this guy for approx 100 hours in the past, can I just assure everyone he was a great Captain to fly with, there was no intonation or stuff he talked about outside of work with all the religious stuff. He just seems to have become unhinged the last couple of years ago with COVID, but that’s normal, some people just find it hard to change with seismic changes in life, especially if everything hinges around the ghost in the sky, I’ve found the more religious types have been the hardest hit these last 2 years as they rely on a fairy for guidance rather than their own will, just my take on it. You need to believe in yourself, not some imaginary clown.

Very glad of your comment - I expected to get attacked for mine on this forum.

dr dre
7th Feb 2022, 11:01

I think you’re overstating the impact of these groups now. The battle over the Covid vaccination has already been fought and conclusively lost by the anti-vaxxers.

96% of Australians 16+ have had at least one dose of a vaccine. 85% of Canadian truck drivers have too.

Mandates aren’t going to be dropped. No policies will be changed. In time this movement will fizzle out, just like their predecessors in the anti migrant protests a few years back fizzled out, and then those involved will either fade into nothingness, wise up and quietly get the jab, or continue to hold out and then suffer the consequences of contracting the virus whilst being unvaccinated.

But as the vast majority are now vaxxed they’ll continue to get on with their lives as normal and give little thought to the tiny fraction who won’t.

Lookleft
7th Feb 2022, 20:19
They are not just anti-vaxxers. They are a grab bag of conspiracy theorists, "sovereign citizens" and those who express a faith that has very little to do with what I would call mainstream Christianity. Every society has the people on the fringes. The 2 years (so far) of Covid has given all the dispirit groups a common focus so they are gathering to protest against whatever their particular issue is. I have met many pilots who can be described as nutters and they were definitely in the anti-religion camp. The author C.S. Lewis wrote a book about Satan, "The Screwtape Letters", some of you might find it interesting.

Wizofoz
7th Feb 2022, 22:07

https://mobile.twitter.com/sos149/status/1489839913910501376

Blond- "Are you a good pilot?"

Graham- "I can hold my own."

Blond-" Good- so I won't have to worry about you making a living as a singer..."

Wizofoz
7th Feb 2022, 22:13
Why do so many people keep laying into Satan? Leave him alone. Many a good rock band or film actor have sold their souls to the devil and then received major wealth and fame in return. Surely old Lucifer ain’t all that bad?

Quoting Jim Jefferies- "God and Satan don't get along, but only God wrote a book about it. As far as i'm concerned, Satan is just being the bigger man..."

Wizofoz
7th Feb 2022, 22:16
If

In for $50.

reefrat
7th Feb 2022, 23:44
Don't know if this will work,, comment from "The New Daily" yesterday
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2022/02/07/canberra-protest-anti-vaxxers/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Morning%20News%20-%2020220208_with_tag

Stationair8
8th Feb 2022, 02:00
Next full moon is the 16th of this month!

De_flieger
8th Feb 2022, 03:29
Try this one.

Ok, I watched it. He seems fairly reasonable there, but he can't see how the politicians are playing him. 35 or 50 years as a pilot isn't the same skillset as a few years in politics. It looks like he genuinely believes he is trying to do what he thinks is the right thing, but he's a minnow surrounded by sharks in Canberra, thinking he's the shark and they are all swimming alongside him to be his friend. That said, if you only come across as unhinged in some videos and not others, that isn't a great recommendation. Regarding that bet about him sitting down with the PM, are you up for it? If you aren't keen to divulge your personal details to collect a win, I'm happy to make a $50 donation to the charity of your choice and publish the receipt here if I lose.

What are your thoughts on GH wearing the company wings with the logo?

Australopithecus - I think a fair few of us are in the same boat, I've sadly seen friends and highly skilled colleagues, not necessarily religious either, fall for all kinds of misinformation that leaves them isolated, angry and unemployed or damaging their prospects. It's obvious from the outside, but they go down the rabbithole and each layer of the conspiracy only makes sense if the next one is true too, as they self-radicalise thinking they are discovering "the truth".

Even one of two of the phrases from Bend alot's linked video of Graham Hood are reflective of key phrases in the Qanon conspiracy, whether GH realises it or not, and given the number of people marching with Qanon slogans and references, there are obviously a fair number of people in the crowd who do believe in that stuff, along with Ustaše flags - the flag of the Croatian fascists who ran their own concentration camps and massacred Serbs. So Graham Hood is talking about loving people even when you disagree with them, while a chunk of the crowd who he speaks to and walks beside wave fascist flags and chant about how the politicians are carrying out a genocide, and how the Nazis who committed genocide were hung.

megan
8th Feb 2022, 04:23
I've sadly seen friends and highly skilled colleagues, not necessarily religious either, fall for all kinds of misinformationLike King of the Mountain, Peter Brock, with his Energy Polarizer (a plastic box filled with a pair of magnets separated by some crystals embedded in epoxy resin) that was supposed to make your car perform better, his promotion of it ruined his career.

Hamley
8th Feb 2022, 05:29
I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week

Hahahaha yeah sure

This is the kind of blind, delusional stupidity that permeates the ranks of these useless drongos.

onezeroonethree
8th Feb 2022, 05:48
I've just logged back into pprune after half a decade away from this hell hole of a forum just to laugh at the guy who is offering $50 for the idea what Hood will get a sit down with Scomo.

I'll take that bet double or nothing.

Dookie on Drums
8th Feb 2022, 06:08
Well, he is broadcasting live videos from inside Parliament House so he may just see a few people here lose their bets!
https://youtu.be/oEuEPKQh0-0

Lead Balloon
8th Feb 2022, 06:32
I expect Scotty will be laying out the red carpet for Craig Kelly and co, as we speak. Probably crack open the bar fridge as well. (What happened to the QF uniform?)

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 07:00
I love getting ridiculed on here.

Inside Parliament house (as you can see in the video above) & letter of demands submitted to the Government.

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 07:08
I've just logged back into pprune after half a decade away from this hell hole of a forum just to laugh at the guy who is offering $50 for the idea what Hood will get a sit down with Scomo.

I'll take that bet double or nothing.
Name that guy! and copy and paste the bet he made.

I think you will find - you made a mistake.

That gave me a laugh too.

dr dre
8th Feb 2022, 07:24
I love getting ridiculed on here.

Inside Parliament house (as you can see in the video above) & letter of demands submitted to the Government.

Just checking you're aware of how our system of government works. In order to influence policy you need to do more than sit in a crackpot crossbencher's office while he types an email.

There's 76 members of the Senate and 151 in the House of Representatives. You need a majority to pass legislation in both.

There's 7 Senators who'll support measures like this, One Nation's Bill from last year with their two members (Hanson and Roberts), 4 LNP (Antic, Canavan, Rennick, Fierravanti-Wells) and one on the crossbench (McMahon). There's about two in the House, Kelly and Christensen. So out of 223 members there's a total of 9 members who'd support measures like this. That's around 4%. Which matches the amount of Australian adults who have chosen not to receive a Covid vaccine.

This is also known as a "incredibly small but noisy minority". So my point stands, these people will have no bearing on any policy announced by the government or the opposition if they win the next election. Craig Kelly, now he's an independent, will almost certainly lose his seat at the next election so the best any of these anti vaccine protesters can hope for is to join Craig on his Sky News After Dark program he will probably host after he loses his seat.

Paragraph377
8th Feb 2022, 08:12
In all seriousness, regardless of whether you are individually for or against the vaccinations and the ensuing reduction in ‘some’ freedoms, the changes that have been introduced by Federal government have been legislated. They are within the law. The government will not reverse those new laws, laws that do give the government of the day some additional powers. Nup. No way. Those laws are here to stay. Governments don’t like to repeal laws, the more laws that they have on file the more wriggle room that they have and the more measures they can use against you if and when required.

Protesting against these new legislated rules is as useful as driving a car with square tyres. It’s a long shot, it might seem plausible, but at the end of the day it just isn’t going to be successful.

Potsie Weber
8th Feb 2022, 08:18
Emergency declarations under the bio security act are not something debated or enacted by parliament. The Governor General gives approval for the health minister to exercise extraordinary powers to deal with public health threats.

I don’t know how you can demand parliament pass a bill either?

dr dre
8th Feb 2022, 08:30
Emergency declarations under the bio security act are not something debated or enacted by parliament. The Governor General gives approval for the health minister to exercise extraordinary powers to deal with public health threats.

I don’t know how you can demand parliament pass a bill either?

At the end of the day there's probably hundreds of "demands" presented to governments by fringe groups each month in Australia, with a rough percentage of zero of them ever finding their way into law or government policy.

Just because a former member of the profession is involved in one of these fringe groups doesn't suddenly make this particular fringe group more likely to have their "demands" listened to.

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 08:39
Just checking you're aware of how our system of government works. In order to influence policy you need to do more than sit in a crackpot crossbencher's office while he types an email.

There's 76 members of the Senate and 151 in the House of Representatives. You need a majority to pass legislation in both.

There's 7 Senators who'll support measures like this, One Nation's Bill from last year with their two members (Hanson and Roberts), 4 LNP (Antic, Canavan, Rennick, Fierravanti-Wells) and one on the crossbench (McMahon). There's about two in the House, Kelly and Christensen. So out of 223 members there's a total of 9 members who'd support measures like this. That's around 4%. Which matches the amount of Australian adults who have chosen not to receive a Covid vaccine.

This is also known as a "incredibly small but noisy minority". So my point stands, these people will have no bearing on any policy announced by the government or the opposition if they win the next election. Craig Kelly, now he's an independent, will almost certainly lose his seat at the next election so the best any of these anti vaccine protesters can hope for is to join Craig on his Sky News After Dark program he will probably host after he loses his seat.
We have seen the "Fringe Minority" at work in Canada.

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 08:44
In all seriousness, regardless of whether you are individually for or against the vaccinations and the ensuing reduction in ‘some’ freedoms, the changes that have been introduced by Federal government have been legislated. They are within the law. The government will not reverse those new laws, laws that do give the government of the day some additional powers. Nup. No way. Those laws are here to stay. Governments don’t like to repeal laws, the more laws that they have on file the more wriggle room that they have and the more measures they can use against you if and when required.

Protesting against these new legislated rules is as useful as driving a car with square tyres. It’s a long shot, it might seem plausible, but at the end of the day it just isn’t going to be successful.
Think you are confused between state and federal, and that one overrides if there is a discrepancy.

But if I am wrong point me to a government link on that.

P.S Show Qantas has a Federal Mandate for a vax policy.

cameltruck
8th Feb 2022, 09:16
I really do feel sorry for Mr Hood, I personally know of someone else who lost their aviation job for much the same reasons, a genuinely nice person with a good sense of humour who had it all but for his own reasons refused the jab so was let go. This resulted in him going down a path into a really dark place which had us all concerned because it was totally unexpected, thankfully there are signs that the darkness is ebbing and I really do wish him the best with getting back to normal.

The snide remarks and attacks made by cowardly and smug posters on here against Mr Hood are just deplorable, he actually needs to be engaged in a supportive way rather than belittled which just adds fuel to his fire.

96% of Australians 16+ have had at least one dose of a vaccine. 85% of Canadian truck drivers have too.

And that's the point, why do we need to persist with restrictive rules when the uptake on vaccination has already been well patronised? What are the rule makers trying to achieve when even the WHO themselves say 100% vaccination rate on a global scale is impossible to achieve. Even, 85% of people affected with Covid-19 don't need hospitalisation.

The Pfizer mRNA Covid-19 vaccine had its origins in cancer treatment, and the similarities of that treatment with not curing cancer but just delaying the inevitable rings true with how Covid-19 vaccines effectiveness diminishes over time requiring the need for constant boosters. Israel is already applying booster shot #4 and some Australian State Governments are considering redefining the condition of fully vaccinated to be 3 doses. And they have just stopped reporting the vaccinated status of the dead because the double vaccinated have overtaken the death rate of the unvaccinated, in fact they have just stopped releasing the vaccinated status of the dead in Australia with no reasons given.

I'm not taking the anti-vax stance, I'm simply questioning why we still need all these restrictive rules which don't appear to be working in a health and well being sense.

A family acquaintance of ours recently contracted Covid-19 along with his girlfriend. Both of them are in their mid-50's, obese, heavy smokers all their lives, lived rather idle lives, and both unvaccinated. Based on all the hype we were sure they were goners, but besides feeling like crap for a week nothing else happened to them and they are now completely over it with no side effects.

I feel the Covid-19 rule book is no longer serving its purpose and is way overdue to be thrown out, which has to happen one day, the sooner the better. This is how we get back to a normal life, not by vilifying the unvaccinated or segregating people based on a vaccine treatment that is so variable in its effectiveness.

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 09:36
I've had it too, as most my work mates and family.

18-65 years - Non vaxed to 3 jabs - we all had it about the same.

brokenagain
8th Feb 2022, 10:03
Father Hoody (https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulProductiveDugongPeteZarollTie-1w9UBh77FNYHlWV-)

PPPraise the Lord! He’s unhinged.

hillbillybob
8th Feb 2022, 10:12
Well, he is broadcasting live videos from inside Parliament House so he may just see a few people here lose their bets!
https://youtu.be/oEuEPKQh0-0

sitting in Craig's office with no idea that their visitors passes under current rules don't let them go anywhere else, they were never getting near any other office in that building after the failed furniture salesman(and PM's captains pick) let them in

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 10:19
LOL they did deliver the letter.

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 10:23
So you are a Doctor?

Or need a Jab For a Job?

Certainly it is not a medical thing for most "MOST".

But correct me.

Bend alot
8th Feb 2022, 10:28
Employment options.
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/273477224_116034790990594_4097531145564315628_n.jpg?_nc_cat= 100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=sxLdnVh18ocAX9CdnYf&tn=o-L-O6zuHLqTRe16&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8rlkYXRond6o_kvaKAfohG08IBBeFAo9g_ZGjKvnOUug&oe=62082B3E

Derfred
8th Feb 2022, 11:03
And they have just stopped reporting the vaccinated status of the dead because the double vaccinated have overtaken the death rate of the unvaccinated

Ironically, you have just explained why they stopped reporting it, without even realising it.

They stopped reporting it because many people like GH and yourself will interpret that data as meaning that vaccinations don’t reduce your risk of dying of COVID-19.

It’s about understanding statistics.

For example, if 50% of people were unvaccinated, and 50% of deaths were unvaccinated, then simplistically you might deduce that the vaccination doesn’t help. But back in the snapshot of time when 50% were unvaccinated, the death rate of the unvaccinated was much higher than the vaccinated.

Now that 4% of people are unvaccinated, you would only expect 4% of deaths to be unvaccinated - if, indeed, your theory is correct that the vaccine is no help. You would expect that for every 25 deaths, 24 of them would be vaccinated. And that is no-where near what we are seeing.

Even that is a mis-interpretation of statistics, as not all people have the same risk profile.

So an even better use of statistics would be to compare the vaccination status of the high-risk group, which may not be the same as the 96% vaccination status of the population as a whole. I don’t know what the vaccination rate of the high-risk group is, but I’m sure the health experts do.

And an even better use of statistics would be to look at the death rates in the “double vaccinated” compared to “triple vaccinated”, as studies have shown that double vaccinated effectivity reduces after 3 months, considerably so after 6 months, and particularly for those who had 2x Astra Zeneca, which was the only vaccine that most of the high risk group (the older population) were initially eligible for.

But the main point is that the health experts who do look at the statistics, and understand them, say that statistically, vaccinations significantly reduce the chance of death. That is really all you need to know. That you, GH and others choose to disbelieve them, perhaps thinking that a conspiracy is at play, is sad.

I’m talking about the health experts here, not the politicians. The politicians lie every time their lips move, we all know that. So to find the truth, we have listen to those who have no reason to conspire or get votes. And not just the fringe 1% of them who happen to say what we want to hear (they will always exist) - listen to what the consensus of the other 99% of them are saying.

BTW, I made up that statistic of 1%, in case anyone wants to accuse me of inventing statistics! “You can use statistics to prove anything - 75% of people know that” - Homer J. Simpson.

dr dre
8th Feb 2022, 13:40

The Canadian Truck protest is not supported (https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/majority-of-ottawa-residents-oppose-freedom-convoy-protest-poll-finds-1.5771778) by many Canadians, in fact all they have succeeded in doing is to have alienated and upset most local residents with their antics. The vast majority of Canadians, including truck drivers, have been vaccinated. The government has not given the slightest indication they’re going to cave in. It also seems this protest is an “astroturfed” one, fake grassroots, funded and promoted by powerful American media and political sources.

LOL they did deliver the letter.

If you watch the subsequent videos from that channel they reveal they couldn’t get past the security guards outside the PM’s office.

The letters would have been taken by the PM’s secretary and filed directly in the bin. Scotty has more important things to worry about at the moment than “demands” from anti vax nutjobs, he’s trying to find who’s trying to knife him in his own party, it’s a long list.....

Wizofoz
8th Feb 2022, 13:41
Name that guy! and copy and paste the bet he made.

I think you will find - you made a mistake.

That gave me a laugh too.

You

”I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week, I doubt any other here on PPRuNe will get an invite.”

Wizofoz
8th Feb 2022, 13:43

85% of Canadian truck drivers are vaccinated.

First_Principal
8th Feb 2022, 19:06
I really do feel sorry for Mr Hood....

....I'm not taking the anti-vax stance, I'm simply questioning why we still need all these restrictive rules which don't appear to be working in a health and well being sense.

I feel the Covid-19 rule book is no longer serving its purpose and is way overdue to be thrown out, which has to happen one day, the sooner the better. This is how we get back to a normal life, not by vilifying the unvaccinated or segregating people based on a vaccine treatment that is so variable in its effectiveness.

A thoughtful response and well stated, Cameltruck.

There's not a lot to add except for support, except perhaps that since Canada is being quoted for some reason let's also note that Denmark, Norway, UK, Austria, the Netherlands and Ireland have, or are in the process of, removing their restrictions and discriminations in order to allow people to return to a normal life 👍 All are between 71%-81% 'fully vaccinated', whatever that actually means.

Lookleft
8th Feb 2022, 20:22
let's also note that Denmark, Norway, UK, Austria, the Netherlands and Ireland have, or are in the process of, removing their restrictions and discriminations in order to allow people to return to a normal life

All those countries reimposed restrictions during the northern winter as Omicron went nuts. They are all coming into summer so of course they are removing their restrictions. Lets wait and see how Australia goes through winter before all restrictions are lifted. As for vilifying the unvaccinated, well their behavior and arrogance does make them ripe for derision by the majority who feel that being vaccinated will help the community live without lockdowns and restrictions.

Lead Balloon
8th Feb 2022, 21:27
Delivering "a letter of demand to the government".

A stroke of genius.

I can imagine all of the expensive Canberra lobbyists scratching their heads over a morning coffee at Manuka and thinking: "Why didn't I think of that?"

WingNut60
8th Feb 2022, 22:00
Or.................

..............I can imagine all of the expensive Canberra lobbyists scratching their heads over a morning coffee at Manuka and thinking: "Why didn't I think of that, instead of plying them with expensive gifts and thinly disguised bribes?"

Wizofoz
8th Feb 2022, 22:26

So, this didn't happen. Hiw would you like to pay up, Bendy?

Lead Balloon
8th Feb 2022, 23:18
Or.................

..............I can imagine all of the expensive Canberra lobbyists scratching their heads over a morning coffee at Manuka and thinking: "Why didn't I think of that, instead of plying them with expensive gifts and thinly disguised bribes?"Yeah nah.

There's that metaphor about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Wizofoz
8th Feb 2022, 23:20
Nice peeps Bendy supports-
Activist who demanded Scott Morrison be sent 'to the gallows' escorted into Parliament House by Craig Kelly (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/activist-who-demanded-scott-morrison-be-sent-to-the-gallows-escorted-into-parliament-house-by-craig-kelly/ar-AATApB0?ocid=msedgntp)
Thiis the bit I like.
The group included activist Simeon Boikov, the leader of the "Australian Cossacks", a pro-Vladimir Putin organisation.

kitchen bench
9th Feb 2022, 01:06
So why did the ex-pilot change from his pseudo pilots shirt into something more presentable when filmed inside Kelly's office?

Refer to fer vids in posts 45 and 72.

Was there a mandate on dress standards?

Doors Off
9th Feb 2022, 01:25
I once posted on youtube a comment regarding 3 or 4 qantas pilots flying warbirds out of Mittagong. They were flying these things wearing flying suits with full RAAF patches and RAAF wings.
I argued that they should NOT be wearing anything RAAF as they are NOT RAAF pilots. I got torn apart by people telling me they are great guys, I should get a life, I was a loser etc etc.

Fact is - they were not RAAF pilots, they had seperated and in no way retained the right to wear the "uniform." Guarantee they would not walk around in the blue uniform with RAAF wings, rank and name tag, so why the flying suit, wings and patches.

Ditch the unifrmm Hood - you don't work for that company.

I guess the question is, should he have stopped working for that company because he chose to not be vaccinated?

Personally, I’m all jabbed up and having just gotten over COVID-19, I’m very grateful that I made the choice to be jabbed up as soon as I qualified.

The freedom March is a movement, that personally, I support. I also support the displaying/wearing of the Uniforms or identifiers of the protesters former “employers”. It displays that the protesters are from a variety of different professions and despite the media/government narrative, they are not “extremist right wing anti vaxxers”.

In Oz, we are at an amazing level of vaccination, which is wonderful (in my opinion). However, the fact that we are continuing to enforce “emergency” powers to fine/sack and conduct medical apartheid against an element of our society, is abhorrent. There are people that have chosen to not be vaccinated and are standing true to their values, I respect that. To think that our layers of government are loving the Totalitarian approach is Orwellian.

Rather than labeling them all as “loonies” perhaps take the time and ask someone who isn’t vaccinated as to why they made that choice and why they feel the need to protest? You might be surprised at the common values and morals that you share?

Let’s not forget that we had the Victorian Government labeling protesters at the Shrine of Remembrance as “disrespectful” , whilst at the same time the Victorian Police were shooting at Peaceful Protesters, with Assault Rifles (saying it was only plastic bullets misses the irony) at the Shrine of Remembrance - that is the definition of “hypocrisy”. Oh yeah, the Police were in Uniform but that’s ok if you are shooting at Peaceful Protesters - Australia has lost it’s spine. Good to see some of it’s citizens can see the folly of “emergency” powers.

Wizofoz
9th Feb 2022, 01:39
Rather than labeling them all as “loonies” perhaps take the time and ask someone who isn’t vaccinated as to why they made that choice and why they feel the need to protest? You might be surprised at the common values and morals that you share?

I've done exactley this. Three of my collegues chose dismissal over vaccination, and I had the chance to speak withh all of them, and several more who did so under protest..

EVERY ONE based their decision at least in part on simply wrong factual beliefs. It ranged from "It changes your DNA" to an actual "It's a Bill Gates microchip", but all had at least one idea that was simply wrong, but could not be disuaded.

Each ALSO had a wrong idea regarding the law. "It's unconstituational". When I asked "Which article of the constitution?" there was a long silence. Captain Dookie made a similar claim in his initial rant- again without being able to say exactley how.

And lastly- "Mah Freedom". Of COURSE you can be of the opinion that the Government is being heavy handed. I would disagree, but that's what freedom is. Why would someone refuse to have a vaccine that they acknowledge works- that protects them, thier families and the community- in order to what? Stick it to the man?

You're allowed to think speed limits are too low. You don't get to drive down the wrong side of the highway at 150KPH because- "Mah Freedom"...

Lookleft
9th Feb 2022, 01:44
As someone said recently, freedom of choice does not equal freedom from consequence.

airdualbleedfault
9th Feb 2022, 01:46
I've done exactley this. Three of my collegues chose dismissal over vaccination, and I had the chance to speak withh all of them, and several more who did so under protest..

EVERY ONE based their decision at least in part on simply wrong factual beliefs. It ranged from "It changes your DNA" to an actual "It's a Bill Gates microchip", but all had at least one idea that was simply wrong, but could not be disuaded.

Each ALSO had a wrong idea regarding the law. "It's unconstituational". When I asked "Which article of the constitution?" there was a long silence. Captain Dookie made a similar claim in his initial rant- again without being able to say exactley how.

And lastly- "Mah Freedom". Of COURSE you can be of the opinion that the Government is being heavy handed. I would disagree, but that's what freedom is. Why would someone refuse to have a vaccine that they acknowledge works- that protects them, thier families and the community- in order to what? Stick it to the man?

You're allowed to think speed limits are too low. You don't get to drive down the wrong side of the highway at 150KPH because- "Mah Freedom"...
Spot on Wiz

airdualbleedfault
9th Feb 2022, 01:50
Just watched the video clips from page 1, holy crap :uhoh:​​​​​​
Just another perfect example of how insignificant/useless/BS the Qantarse physco testing is.

layman
9th Feb 2022, 02:25
Thrice jabbed and supporting of mandates and ‘medical apartheid’

And I’ll continue to support mandates and medical apartheid until I am no longer hearing the seemingly never ending tales of the distress Covid is causing members of the medical & allied health professionals.

When they get their lives back to normal, I believe we can think about getting our lives (fully) back to normal

reefrat
9th Feb 2022, 02:54
I expect Scotty will be laying out the red carpet for Craig Kelly and co, as we speak. Probably crack open the bar fridge as well. (What happened to the QF uniform?)

In a video clip of him being signed into Parliament house by that clown Craig Kelly you get a brief glimpse on the back of his shirt the words Qantas Pilot, written in felt tip pen. I think he may need specialised help.

Looking at the video of them in Kelly's office the person wearing the shirt is not Hood, it looks like the bloke with the stethoscope

Torukmacto
9th Feb 2022, 03:07
The void left by perceived weak leadership from federal government has been filled nicely by Loonies from all walks of life . The states doing their own thing , Andrews just added the booster shot for international arrivals in his state and can’t wait to see what extra requirements WA will come up with has emboldened the %1er’s . It’s a mess but fascinating to watch .

mmmbop
9th Feb 2022, 03:29
……..Just another perfect example of how insignificant/useless/BS the Qantarse physco testing is.

What? From 1990?

Your statement is as credible as his ramblings.

wombat watcher
9th Feb 2022, 03:32
Just watched the video clips from page 1, holy crap :uhoh:​​​​​​
Just another perfect example of how insignificant/useless/BS the Qantarse physco testing is.

Just to keep the record straight. GH wasn’t psycho tested by Qantas; as already stated far above, he got a Qf job by being employed by Australian Airlines post 1989 and came into Qf via the merger.

airdualbleedfault
9th Feb 2022, 08:11
Just to keep the record straight. GH wasn’t psycho tested by Qantas; as already stated far above, he got a Qf job by being employed by Australian Airlines post 1989 and came into Qf via the merger.
Thanks for the heads up wombat

airdualbleedfault
9th Feb 2022, 08:12
What? From 1990?

Your statement is as credible as his ramblings.
As credible as your handle, let me guess qf cadet?

Bend alot
9th Feb 2022, 08:44
You

”I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week, I doubt any other here on PPRuNe will get an invite.”
Show me the $50 Bet part please mate!

Bend alot
9th Feb 2022, 08:49
So why did the ex-pilot change from his pseudo pilots shirt into something more presentable when filmed inside Kelly's office?

Refer to fer vids in posts 45 and 72.

Was there a mandate on dress standards?
You can read above to find that answer - or just jump on any band wagon and say something, anything!!

THAT QUESTION was answered.

cameltruck
9th Feb 2022, 09:08
Thrice jabbed and supporting of mandates and ‘medical apartheid’

And I’ll continue to support mandates and medical apartheid until I am no longer hearing the seemingly never ending tales of the distress Covid is causing members of the medical & allied health professionals.

When they get their lives back to normal, I believe we can think about getting our lives (fully) back to normal

I probably would have the same attitude as yourself if I too lived in Canberra, a city comprised of mostly public servants whose income remained protected for the last two years regardless of the level of harsh rules and restrictions imposed onto the rest of the country. And that's it in a nutshell, if these public servants were forced to take a pay cut during the periods of severe restrictions then the rules they drafted would be pulled as soon as they became irrelevant, instead they are taking their jolly time to do anything about changing the situation because it has no economic impact on themselves whatsoever.

Come to Melbourne where I can show you a few entrepreneurs who have lost the businesses they spent decades building in good faith, and though they have lost almost everything what really hurt them most is that they lost good staff who were more family than worker. And guess where these poor staff have ended up.

Denmark had lifted most of its restrictions, then when Omicron arrived they quickly reinstated them and their public were very accepting of that decision, probably because they knew there would be an end to it, which is exactly what happened when Denmark recently lifted most of their restrictions for a second time. Why can't Australia do the same here seeing this approach has already been shown to work well in balancing the need for a healthy economy with public health needs.

kitchen bench
9th Feb 2022, 09:14
Better take another look, Bendalot.

The "bloke with the stethoscope" (see post 80) in Kelly's office video is visible over Kelly's right shoulder in the picture of them entering parliament . Over Kelly's left shoulder is Hood in his pilot shirt. In the office video, though, Hood has changed shirts.

The "bloke with the stethoscope" is visible in both pictures with his blue cap on and "stethoscope' around his neck.

Reading above, as you suggest, doesn't tell me why Hood changed shirts so where is it that "THAT QUESTION was answered." ?

Hamley
9th Feb 2022, 09:58
I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week

Well it’s the end of Wednesday now, so hopefully the
PM sits ‘at the table’ with this bozo on Thursday or Friday I guess.

it’s a bit like during the Trump presidency when the looneys said ‘tHe sToRm is cOmInG’. But it never came did it?

lucille
9th Feb 2022, 10:47
As pilots we have all learned to be compliant to the multitude of rules, procedures and regulations which define how we work and interact. For obvious reasons, this is a most excellent trait to have.

But I do worry when this compliant mentality carries over into private and public lives outside of the work environment.

My observation over 45 years has been that pilots as whole don’t have enough mongrel in them to stand up to bureaucratic over reach outside the work environment. With notable exceptions, we (myself included) are just cows in the paddock grazing with our heads down

And then when the odd outlier appears (Graeme Hood, in this instance) the herd gathers together to drive him out.

This thread is but one example of that compliant herd mentality. And personally, I don’t think it’s healthy.

Pastor Martin Niemoller’s poem always resonates when I see episodes like these.

Wizofoz
9th Feb 2022, 10:50
Show me the $50 Bet part please mate!

True enough. Once it became clear people were expecting you to actually put money up, rather than just SAY you were going to, you went very quiet.

Now, is Gra Gra sitting down with Scomo, or would you have lost a bet had you not just been BSing?

ALAEA Fed Sec
9th Feb 2022, 10:51

I like their masks.

prickly
9th Feb 2022, 11:04
Cameltruck.

Mr Hood deserves the same support he showed his colleagues in 1989.

SOPS
9th Feb 2022, 11:10
Cameltruck.

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳. I can’t find the emoji that claps.

ManaAdaSystem
9th Feb 2022, 12:07
I don’t understand what all the fuzz is about? Hood reminds me about a lot of Auzzie pilots I have seen at the pubs around the world. Just change the song with Waltzing Mathilda and Jesus with I’m the best goddamned pilot in the world.

dr dre
9th Feb 2022, 12:33
Pastor Martin Niemoller’s poem always resonates when I see episodes like these.

In case anyone’s wondering that’s the famous poem:

First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

I hate to break Godwin’s law but of course the situation in 1930s Europe has nothing to do with the current situation in Australia.

No anti-vaxxers are being sent to camps.

No anti-vaxxers are being denied treatment in our universal healthcare system.

In fact you know who else opposed vaccine mandates?

You Know Who Else Opposed Vaccine Mandates? Hitler. (https://jacobinmag.com/2021/09/vaccine-mandates-covid-pandemic-german-nazi-inoculation-policy)

The Nazis didn’t want certain groups to get vaccinated because they wanted to wipe those groups out of existence.

Current day leaders want people to get vaccinated to.....keep them alive and healthy. The absolute opposite of what the Nazis wanted.

So hearing current day anti vaxxers compare themselves to those persecuted under the Nazis is not only offensive it’s also totally inaccurate.

Troo believer
9th Feb 2022, 13:15
Just don’t ask him for a massage. The stories are legendary and kept many F/Os enthralled for hours.

reefrat
9th Feb 2022, 20:56
In a video clip of him being signed into Parliament house by that clown Craig Kelly you get a brief glimpse on the back of his shirt the words Qantas Pilot, written in felt tip pen. I think he may need specialised help.

Looking at the video of them in Kelly's office the person wearing the shirt is not Hood, it looks like the bloke with the stethoscope

Now totally confused, where did he get the change of shirt and shorts.

Wizofoz
9th Feb 2022, 21:36
In case anyone’s wondering that’s the famous poem:

First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

I hate to break Godwin’s law but of course the situation in 1930s Europe has nothing to do with the current situation in Australia.

No anti-vaxxers are being sent to camps.

No anti-vaxxers are being denied treatment in our universal healthcare system.

In fact you know who else opposed vaccine mandates?

You Know Who Else Opposed Vaccine Mandates? Hitler. (https://jacobinmag.com/2021/09/vaccine-mandates-covid-pandemic-german-nazi-inoculation-policy)

The Nazis didn’t want certain groups to get vaccinated because they wanted to wipe those groups out of existence.

Current day leaders want people to get vaccinated to.....keep them alive and healthy. The absolute opposite of what the Nazis wanted.

So hearing current day anti vaxxers compare themselves to those persecuted under the Nazis is not only offensive it’s also totally inaccurate.
Great post

mates rates
10th Feb 2022, 00:44
Prickly said it all,there’s nothing more to say👍

Koizi
10th Feb 2022, 02:30

(Apologies in advance for the continued thread drift)

Interestingly, I've had a few fellow crew (pro vax) still attempt to make this comparison regarding vaccine mandates and the exclusion of the unvaccinated from restaurants etc.

Asside from the valid points raised by Dr Dre above, the biggest and glaringly obvious flaw in this comparison is that today's "persecuted" can attend a free medical clinic and have their "star of david" instantly removed and all privileges of society immediately reinstated.
Jews in Europe did not choose to wear the star.
There was no option for removal of the star until you were undressed in preparation for your "shower".

10th Feb 2022, 07:42
Folks, it’s now beyond time to leave this poor, misguided bloke alone. He has lost his career and his livelihood and I dare say, his licence, due to what I perceive is a mental illness. He needs professional help, not bagging. Stop!

witwiw
10th Feb 2022, 08:12
He has lost his career and his livelihood

By choice, it could have been otherwise.

what I perceive is a mental illness.

And your medical qualifications are???

slice
10th Feb 2022, 08:27
He'll be doing battle with SATAN in his head for the rest of his life

cameltruck
10th Feb 2022, 09:50

Very well then so why do we still need to enshrine all these rules and restrictions in law and continue their enforcement when they are now mostly irrelevant? And who's benefit are these rules and restrictions fulfilling? Do you still need to be nanny'd to the n'th degree to make your life decisions?

Cameltruck.

Prickly, I feel your pain as I was at that inaugural meeting at Dallas Brooks Hall (I think) sitting right at the back next to the vultures of the Fox Group watching their executives posture for a take-over just to feed off the assets. However, people do change over time and with hindsight see their actions under a different light, then are left to come to grips with their own daemons.

Hamley
10th Feb 2022, 10:09
And who's benefit are these rules and restrictions fulfilling?

Like god damn every bodies’ sir? Or are you a conspiracy theorist?

Hamley
10th Feb 2022, 10:12

So it’s Thursday night. Has the PM sat down ‘at the table’ with this guy yet? Oh well there’s always tomorrow.

Nutjobs

cameltruck
10th Feb 2022, 10:22
Like god damn every bodies’ sir? Or are you a conspiracy theorist?

Really? By the Victorian Government's own admission after being pressed on the issue, they have stopped conducting contact tracing yet have left the laws in place forcing people to still "check-in" when the activity is now absolutely pointless.

Hamley
10th Feb 2022, 10:59
Really? By the Victorian Government's own admission after being pressed on the issue, they have stopped conducting contact tracing yet have left the laws in place forcing people to still "check-in" when the activity is now absolutely pointless.

lol just check in, who cares? It doesn’t hurt and only takes 2 seconds. Why do you think it’s bad?

Looks like you’re being triggered

cameltruck
10th Feb 2022, 11:05
lol just check in, who cares? It doesn’t hurt and only takes 2 seconds. Why do you think it’s bad?

Looks like you’re being triggered

Obviously you still don't get it, retailers must still comply with enforcing this pointless "check-in" or risk crippling fines, please try seeing it from another point of view.

tossbag
10th Feb 2022, 11:37
Soooooooo, the sheep that can't think for themselves resent those who can and do.

The unvaxxed are being descriminated against, they are being barred from a range of activities, locations and necessities that contribute to good mental health.

You're all convinced that anyone who does a bit of research, weighs up the risk of vaccination v covid and makes a decision are nutjobs. And how did you come to that conclusion? Dan Andrews media control unit told you they are. Doesn't matter that the vast majority of covid cases are mild flu like symptoms. But Dan's media control unit told you they are deserving of emergency powers.

Just how is an unvaccinated a threat to you? You're vaccinated against the disease aren't you? So how are they a threat to you? The mandates are nothing more than a punitive punishment against those who didn't tow the line. The new Australian, a compliant sheep, dobber and hater of anyone who doesn't groupthink.

Oh if a tenth of the resources were put into the real cause of death from covid, obesity and western lifestyle disease.

Disclaimer:

Tossbag:

- Vaccinated with one booster shot, believes in vaccination, does research and chose a vaccination that does not cause mycarditis as a side effect.
- Believes in freedom of choice, not threatened by a person who chooses not to vaccinate.
- Believes that choice comes with consequences.

dr dre
10th Feb 2022, 12:13
Just how is an unvaccinated a threat to you? You're vaccinated against the disease aren't you? So how are they a threat to you? The mandates are nothing more than a punitive punishment against those who didn't tow the line. The new Australian, a compliant sheep, dobber and hater of anyone who doesn't groupthink.

Vaccine mandates ensure the rate of vaccination is high amongst society. This has wide ranging effects. Less pressure on the healthcare system, which being a universal system we all pay for and use. So more people getting vaccinated means less wait time for others in the system. More people getting vaccinated for critical jobs means less sickness at work, fewer shortages and more productivity. So business loves it, that's why many companies will fund flu vaccines for employees.

We already have vaccine mandates. You need to ensure your kids are immunised as per the childhood vaccination schedule or risk losing tax benefits and childcare access.

I see vaccine mandates as a prime example of collective rights vs individual rights. Protection of the society as a whole over the "rights" of individuals which may cause harm to society as a whole.

Soooooooo, the sheep that can't think for themselves resent those who can and do.

So why do all anti vaxxers just shout out the same old talking points? "Vaccines are dangerous", "vaccines are ineffective", "Covid is not that much of a problem", "muh rights" etc?

- Believes that choice comes with consequences.

Really? Do you support the removal of access to publicly funded healthcare for unvaccinated patients? Getting free at the point of use healthcare despite their stupid decisions doesn't seem like much of a "consequence" to me. C'mon anti-vaxxers, show us how honest you really are, if you truly want to live free of "government tyranny" tear up your Medicare cards.

markybhoy
10th Feb 2022, 12:50
So why do all anti vaxxers just shout out the same old talking points?

C'mon anti-vaxxers, show us how honest you really are, if you truly want to live free of "government tyranny" tear up your Medicare cards.

The previous poster stated clearly that he isn’t anti vax.

Why is it that you and others like you deliberately ignore this and try to smear people that believe in freedom of choice and the right to bodily autonomy?

Consider this, you may think your choice is better than others THIS TIME. What happens when further down the line you find yourself on the other side? I reckon your earlier dismissal of Niemöller‘s First They Came quote is a classic case of those that fail to learn the lessons of history being doomed to repeat it.

Your attitude towards bodily autonomy and freedom of choice is genuinely terrifying.

tossbag
10th Feb 2022, 14:34
Vaccine mandates ensure the rate of vaccination is high amongst society.

Vaccination rates are now at 95% first dose, 93% second dose and 43% booster in WA. The job is done. Yet the most draconian 'rules' are in WA. Why? You've got dream rates of vaccination.

More people getting vaccinated for critical jobs means less sickness at work, fewer shortages and more productivity. So business loves it, that's why many companies will fund flu vaccines for employees.

OK, so vaccinated workers are not getting the covid? That's where your argument falls apart.

I see vaccine mandates as a prime example of collective rights vs individual rights.

Now we're getting to the crux of the mandates, pure communism dressed up nicely as socialism. But don't worry, we can demonise the 'nutjobs' even though the vast majority of protesters are reasonable people that don't fall victim to groupthink.

Collective rights, no thanks, not for me.

So why do all anti vaxxers just shout out the same old talking points? "Vaccines are dangerous", "vaccines are ineffective", "Covid is not that much of a problem", "muh rights" etc?

So all of the 'nutjobs' are 'muh rights' ranters are they?

All you confirm is that a rational conversation can't be had with a leftwing Stalinist.

Do you support the removal of access to publicly funded healthcare for unvaccinated patients?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to an obese person that chugs KFC for breakfast, Maccas for lunch and Dominos for dinner?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to a type 2 diabetic that continues to drink 5 cans of coke a day and eats sausage rolls for brekky?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to a smoker, a drug addict, a mentally ill person?

They are all making choices that affect their health outcomes.

No I don't, not for any of those groups including the unvaccinated. Snookered yourself eh??

morno
10th Feb 2022, 15:26
Vaccination rates are now at 95% first dose, 93% second dose and 43% booster in WA. The job is done. Yet the most draconian 'rules' are in WA. Why? You've got dream rates of vaccination.

OK, so vaccinated workers are not getting the covid? That's where your argument falls apart.

Now we're getting to the crux of the mandates, pure communism dressed up nicely as socialism. But don't worry, we can demonise the 'nutjobs' even though the vast majority of protesters are reasonable people that don't fall victim to groupthink.

All you confirm is that a rational conversation can't be had with a leftwing Stalinist.

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to an obese person that chugs KFC for breakfast, Maccas for lunch and Dominos for dinner?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to a type 2 diabetic that continues to drink 5 cans of coke a day and eats sausage rolls for brekky?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to a smoker, a drug addict, a mentally ill person?

No I don't, not for any of those groups including the unvaccinated. Snookered yourself eh??

Are you vaccinated for anything else? If you are, you realise that there’s risks with any vaccines right? What percentage of Covid vaccine recipients are experiencing life altering complications? Is this of any significant difference compared to normal vaccines? Is it possible that you are only hearing about them, because of the massive rate of uptake of the vaccines?

I don’t have a problem with people not receiving the vaccine, it’s entirely their choice. But don’t expect that there aren’t consequences for not receiving it.

Sure I’m vaccinated for it, and yes you are right, I am still likely to be infected. But the last I heard (I’m not going to spend my valuable time researching it, because I am debating with you on a forum for pilots, not a thesis for a doctorate) was that the unvaccinated are far more likely to spread it, as opposed to a vaccinated person. So I don’t want you out and about spreading it everywhere because I really don’t want to end up sick and nor do I want my kids to get it, because they are not old enough to receive the vaccine.

So I care little for your loss of rights to drink beer at a pub, when the consequences could be my child’s health.

tossbag
10th Feb 2022, 16:21
Are you vaccinated for anything else?

Oh yessir I am. I travel regularly to 3rd world countries. When I do this I talk to my doctor about the risk involved. I also purchase goods that help keep me safe, like water purifying drink bottles etc. You see, I don't run to a state premier to 'keep me safe' I believe heavily in personal responsibility but I also believe I have a responsibility to contribute to the health of others less fortunate (or intelligent). How's that for a right wing, extremist nutjob? Doesn't fit the narrative too well does it?

If you are, you realise that there’s risks with any vaccines right?

I would have thought that that comes across in my posts?

What percentage of Covid vaccine recipients are experiencing life altering complications?

Significant enough for those that want to make a choice on the matter.

Is this of any significant difference compared to normal vaccines?

In my reading, yes.

Is it possible that you are only hearing about them, because of the massive rate of uptake of the vaccines?

Possible, absolutely. I'll ask you a question, is it possible that a compliant msm is not reporting on these instances? I'll give you one example, two of the three major news channels did not immediately report on the freedom rallies in Canberra, sorry, the right wing, extremist nutjob rallies.

I don’t have a problem with people not receiving the vaccine. It’s entirely their choice. But don’t expect that there aren’t consequences for not receiving it.

I said exactly that in the first of my posts.

Sure I’m vaccinated for it, and yes you are right, I am still likely to be infected. But the last I heard (I’m not going to spend my valuable time researching it, because I am debating with you on a forum for pilots, not a thesis for a doctorate) was that the unvaccinated are far more likely to spread it, as opposed to a vaccinated person.

There are so many different published articles on this, I'm not going to argue this point either, but what I will say is that any doctor or scientist that doesn't comply with the msm and Daddy Dan and Mark, will be immediately labelled right wing, extremist nutjob doctors and scientists.

So I don’t want you out and about spreading it everywhere because I really don’t want to end up sick and nor do I want my kids to get it, because they are not old enough to receive the vaccine.

You're vaccinated mate, you get it, you'll get a few sniffles, if you're obese, you know, you put the food in your mouth, personal responsibility and all. But rest assured I won't have you thrown out on the street like our communist, sorry, socialist groupthink mate above. I'm not worried in the least about getting covid, not one bit, it's inevitable. I'm in the target range for weight, my choices are about staying as healthy as I can.

So I care little for your loss of rights to drink beer at a pub, when the consequences could be my child’s health.

I haven't lost any rights, I'm vaccinated, but one thing I WILL NOT TAKE PART IN, IS THE VILE, I hate you because you didn't do what I did and get vaccinated. I hate you because you're a not groupthinker like me. Yeah/nah.

I'm not gunna get involved in the kids issue, other than one point, there are an increasing number of doctors, scientists even epidemiologists who are saying that the risk of covid to youngsters is much less than the vaccine. But I reckon you don't want to hear that, or have a bar of it. That's your choice, and your risk.

Break Right
10th Feb 2022, 19:44
What percentage of Covid vaccine recipients are experiencing life altering complications?
Just from the last 12 months.
I wonder if those 751 that died from the vaccine thought it was worth it. They might of had better odds of surviving covid instead.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/fa4f1dbe_9d08_4710_a44e_890ff9474c84_3994e248aa8115c27421830 bdaa71cb7b770faae.png

First_Principal
10th Feb 2022, 19:53
Cameltruck, Tossbag, Markybhoy (and for SOPS who was looking for this icon) 👏

Captn Rex Havack
10th Feb 2022, 20:13

They are all making choices that affect their health outcomes

Not being vaccinated affects health outcomes of OTHERS. I can't catch being fat over a beer from a fat pig,
I won't catch diabetes from a diabetic over a beer, I can't catch lung cancer from a smoker. over a beer etc etc. I CAN catch covid from a selfish anti vaxer over a beer. So YES, if
you are happy to be unprotected against a highly contagious virus, and if you are happy that your actions can put another in hospital, yes, you pay.

And all the anti vaxers who run the line about inadequate or rushed research and their concerns regarding possible effects - guarantee 99.99% of them will go to a GP for an ailment
and then happily toddle off to the chemist and shove down their throat the pill the doctor prescribed even though they've never ever heard of it.

OneDotLow
10th Feb 2022, 20:15
Just from the last 12 months.
I wonder if those 751 that died from the vaccine thought it was worth it. They might of had better odds of surviving covid instead.

If you’re going to quote the TGA, you should probably keep reading…

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1326x796/713ce28e_019e_43e2_a0c9_679854d7aa62_e2603318f9e3bc8d92f32ee 607296b565bccb325.jpeg

finestkind
10th Feb 2022, 20:37
If you’re going to quote the TGA, you should probably keep reading…

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1326x796/713ce28e_019e_43e2_a0c9_679854d7aa62_e2603318f9e3bc8d92f32ee 607296b565bccb325.jpeg A bit more info please. I take it that the 51 mill quoted for vaccination is not world wide?

das Uber Soldat
10th Feb 2022, 20:40
Snookered yourself eh??
Not really. Healthcare is regularly denied for people who have made poor life and health choices. Try being on the organ donor list for a liver, then admitting you still drink. Have a guess what decision the organ donor board makes in that circumstance. Reckon you get the liver?

Mass vaccination means the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed by idiots dying from COVID. It also means that other people attending hospital don't die because of a lack of resources available.. Like this guy
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/01/18/1073881763/patients-are-dying-while-waiting-for-specialized-care-because-hospitals-are-full

But don't let me stop you from making the most impotent of arguments possible, bickering about health policy with a group of non health professionals. I foresee nothing but success with this solid gold strategy.

Love that you've 'done your research' though, that's excellent. I haven't, I must admit. Maybe you could help us out, given that you're now the resident medical expert.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/625x500/image_f20a592142d9db7effb238a3e6cc897d8fa58526.png

tossbag
10th Feb 2022, 21:01
Expert? Where do I profess to be an expert? What I can do is read the experts work and make critical decisions (for me) based on that research, not mine, expert research.

Snookered yourself eh??

Bit of cherry picking? Or would you like to quote in context? The Snookered yourself comment was in regard to the reply, making presumptions about denial of care.

But anyway, I think you may be confused about the use of the term 'research' and some sort of right to be able to perform it. My research is reading the scientific research conducted by experts then making decisions based on the quality of the evidence. You know, who funded the research, who conducted the research etc.

So before you go off half cocked about bickering or some such garbage you could probably read the whole post and address it rather than pick out the juicy little tidbits that satisfy your agenda, you may then understand that my comments are my personal opinion of what's going on in society. Not some pseudo attempt at claiming expert status.

Wizofoz
10th Feb 2022, 21:58
But anyway, I think you may be confused about the use of the term 'research' and some sort of right to be able to perform it. My research is reading the scientific research conducted by experts then making decisions based on the quality of the evidence. You know, who funded the research, who conducted the research etc.

Right here is where you disqualify yourself as a credible person. This showsa complete misunderstanding of how to think critically.

dr dre
10th Feb 2022, 22:17

I think some people really need to look at the dictionary definition of Communism. All these mandates making billions for pharmaceutical corporations is exactly what Karl Marx desired. /s

Thats the thing with collective rights bro, you’re going to enjoy the benefits of them in Australia, like lower hospital waiting times, with our vaccine mandates whether you agree with them or not. The only way to escape them is live in a shack in the outback completely off the grid, or maybe move to the US.

Significant enough for those that want to make a choice on the matter.

In my reading, yes.

OK - let’s see what you’ve read about the dangers of these Covid vaccines? Please post some of the links.

twentyelevens
10th Feb 2022, 22:18
Right here is where you disqualify yourself as a credible person. This showsa complete misunderstanding of how to think critically.

Here and elsewhere in this thread is where you demonstrate the only rhetorical weapon you have to use is attacking the person making the argument; you won’t go near the argument itself, because you can’t.

The jig is up buddy.

Torukmacto
10th Feb 2022, 22:24
Fundamentally why’s it hard to believe during a pandemic the worlds leading drug makers with unlimited government funding and support could not develop a pretty effective and safe vaccine ? Necessity is the mother of invention , during world war 2 some very smart people under pressure developed the radar , computers , vaccines and jet engines . I won’t mention the bomb but it apparently it saved lives ? Getting vaccinated is in my opinion the right thing to do for myself , family , heath system ( workers ) and getting the country back on its feet . Every generation has a percentage who have conscientiously objected to fighting be it a war or for better conditions . Think we are seeing our generations of objectors with this pandemic . It’s a privilege to have these rights and your country is now getting back on its feet , paid in full by people who did not object .

dr dre
10th Feb 2022, 22:29
Here and elsewhere in this thread is where you demonstrate the only rhetorical weapon you have to use is attacking the person making the argument; you won’t go near the argument itself, because you can’t.

The jig is up buddy.

No not really.

That user has made claims regarding vaccines and claims to have research to back them up, I bet we would all like to see that data first hand, if not then that poster is going to open themselves up for criticism.

So, let’s see this “research” please

ManaAdaSystem
10th Feb 2022, 22:31

I love it when antivaxxers compare themselves with the obese, diabetics, smokers, drug addicts and mentally ill people. They are at least partially correct in doing so.
I also love how they always seem to not be against vaccines, as in: I’m not an antivaxxer, BUT….
Funny how the posters with the fewest number of posts always show up as the most active antivaxxers on the net. We know this is organized, and the moment the «sheep» argument shows up, we know who we are dealing with.

Vaccinated people rule. All you can do is make noise.

Wizofoz
10th Feb 2022, 22:52

The jig is up buddy.

No, you exacley make my case. This was in response to saying WHO the data came from was a factor in whether to think the data was accurate- it isn't. I was aying "who funds the data" is exactley what you accuse me of- attacking the reporter not the data.

Now, of course, you attack me without addressing my argument....

C441
11th Feb 2022, 00:27
No, you exacley make my case. This was in response to saying WHO the data came from was a factor in whether to think the data was accurate- it isn't. I was aying "who funds the data" is exactley what you accuse me of- attacking the reporter not the data.

Statistically, being 100% wrong at two attempts to spell a particular commonly used word is not great for your credibility…….but it is a divergent thread so you'll probably get away with it.:ok:

Wizofoz
11th Feb 2022, 01:09
Statistically, being 100% wrong at two attempts to spell a particular commonly used word is not great for your credibility…….but it is a divergent thread so you'll probably get away with it.:ok:
What exacery are you implying ??

twentyelevens
11th Feb 2022, 01:14

The “I know you are but what am I” defence is best left behind in the very school grade in which you learn how to spell exactly.

I realise I’m being harsh, but like me, I reckon a lot of people are fed up with people making ad hominem attacks on colleagues and fellow Aussies while claiming some sort of self granted moral high ground.

As I said before, the jig is up buddy.

dr dre
11th Feb 2022, 01:29
I realise I’m being harsh, but like me, I reckon a lot of people are fed up with people making ad hominem attacks on colleagues and fellow Aussies while claiming some sort of self granted moral high ground.

You want to talk about ad hominems, I've been called a Communist and a Stalinist by people with no understanding what those terms mean.

I'll dispute the majority of people are fed up with those promoting vaccine mandates. 96% of Australians have gotten vaccinated, and whilst that doesn't necessarily mean they all support a mandate, I'm going off the fact the opportunity people have to voice their displeasure at the mandates, these anti vax rallies, are only populated by the usual nutjobs. The majority of people, 71% to 14% (https://theconversation.com/coalition-slumps-in-first-poll-of-2022-as-voters-lose-confidence-in-morrisons-handling-of-pandemic-175138), supported Djokovic being kicked out of the country, there doesn't also seem to be any increase in support for the two anti vaccine parties, the UAP and One Nation, garnering a grand total of 1% and 3.5% polling support respectively. Which surprises me because given the amount of vastly annoying UAP ads I see smeared across TV and the internet I would've expected more support for the dingbat duo of Palmer and Kelly.

Opinion polls also show majority support for vaccine mandates (https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/14/guardian-essential-poll-majority-of-australians-support-vaccine-mandates) from a range of things like entering shops to sporting events to air travel.

tossbag
11th Feb 2022, 01:32
Right here is where you disqualify yourself as a credible person. This showsa complete misunderstanding of how to think critically

What??? :D Goodonya champ!

tossbag
11th Feb 2022, 01:37
I think some people really need to look at the dictionary definition of Communism.

Or we could look at the colloquial definitions, the ones that evolve, the ones that people understand.

Thats the thing with collective rights bro, you’re going to enjoy the benefits of them in Australia, like lower hospital waiting times, with our vaccine mandates whether you agree with them or not. The only way to escape them is live in a shack in the outback completely off the grid, or maybe move to the US.

I'm not your bro or your comrade. How did you know I moved?

twentyelevens
11th Feb 2022, 01:39
You want to talk about ad hominems, I've been called a Communist and a Stalinist by people with no understanding what those terms mean.

I'll dispute the majority of people are fed up with those promoting vaccine mandates. 96% of Australians have gotten vaccinated, and whilst that doesn't necessarily mean they all support a mandate, I'm going off the fact the opportunity people have to voice their displeasure at the mandates, these anti vax rallies, are only populated by the usual nutjobs. The majority of people, 71% to 14% (https://theconversation.com/coalition-slumps-in-first-poll-of-2022-as-voters-lose-confidence-in-morrisons-handling-of-pandemic-175138), supported Djokovic being kicked out of the country, there doesn't also seem to be any increase in support for the two anti vaccine parties, the UAP and One Nation, garnering a grand total of 1% and 3.5% polling support respectively. Which surprises me because given the amount of vastly annoying UAP ads I see smeared across TV and the internet I would've expected more support for the dingbat duo of Palmer and Kelly.

Opinion polls also show majority support for vaccine mandates (https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/14/guardian-essential-poll-majority-of-australians-support-vaccine-mandates) from a range of things like entering shops to sporting events to air travel.

Sorry you feel the need to play the victim card. I have no doubt you understand more than most what it is to be a Stalinist and a Communist.

I’m happy that you take comfort in your polls. At this stage, what else have you got.

Cheers,

tossbag
11th Feb 2022, 01:41
That user has made claims regarding vaccines and claims to have research to back them up, I bet we would all like to see that data first hand, if not then that poster is going to open themselves up for criticism.

Are you seriously suggesting that data doesn't exist as to the side effects of this vaccine?? Man, you really have spent too much time in Daddy McGowan land. Even your comrade Palaszczuk got a bit hysterical about it all.

tossbag
11th Feb 2022, 01:45
I love it when antivaxxers compare themselves with the obese, diabetics, smokers, drug addicts and mentally ill people. They are at least partially correct in doing so.
I also love how they always seem to not be against vaccines, as in: I’m not an antivaxxer, BUT….
Funny how the posters with the fewest number of posts always show up as the most active antivaxxers on the net. We know this is organized, and the moment the «sheep» argument shows up, we know who we are dealing with.

Vaccinated people rule. All you can do is make noise.

Oh dear, I just love it when a pro vaxxer compares themself to an illiterate person. Did you not read the bit where I'm vaccinated and boosted?

Organised? :D paranoid much?

dr dre
11th Feb 2022, 01:46
I’m happy that you take comfort in your polls. At this stage, what else have you got.

Showing that vaccine mandates are not an extremist position, that the majority of society knows the need for mass vaccination for protection of us as a whole, not clogging up hospitals, no societal heartache through mass death.

The law is also on that side, nothing in the Constitution prohibiting these mandates despite what anti-vaxxers claim.

Or we could look at the colloquial definitions, the ones that evolve, the ones that people understand.

At this point in time anything opposed by the anti vax "freedom" mob is 100% communist, according to them. That's the definition those people believe but it's not correct.

twentyelevens
11th Feb 2022, 02:05
Showing that vaccine mandates are not an extremist position, that the majority of society knows the need for mass vaccination for protection of us as a whole, not clogging up hospitals, no societal heartache through mass death.

The law is also on that side, nothing in the Constitution prohibiting these mandates despite what anti-vaxxers claim.

At this point in time anything opposed by the anti vax "freedom" mob is 100% communist, according to them. That's the definition those people believe but it's not correct.

Thats great, good for you. In that case, there should be no need for you and others to be so passive-aggressive and emotional about this issue. Yet here you are. You may want to address the disconnect you demonstrate here, for all our sakes.

dr dre
11th Feb 2022, 02:23
Thats great, good for you. In that case, there should be no need for you and others to be so passive-aggressive and emotional about this issue. Yet here you are. You may want to address the disconnect you demonstrate here, for all our sakes.

I’m not the one who’s come here to have a whinge about mandates that the majority of society support. I’m not the one who’s throwing out the same tired old talking points and rubbish claims about vaccines that have been debunked thoroughly on these forums for the last 12 months.

I’m trying to use rational argument and data to show why these mandates will be beneficial for society as a whole and why individuals have nothing to fear and plenty to gain from being vaccinated.

twentyelevens
11th Feb 2022, 02:42

I think this needs to be said again Doc.
Why so passive/aggressive?

Cheers

Wizofoz
11th Feb 2022, 03:08
Are you seriously suggesting that data doesn't exist as to the side effects of this vaccine?? Man, you really have spent too much time in Daddy McGowan land. Even your comrade Palaszczuk got a bit hysterical about it all.
Yes, there is data.

it shows very minimal slide effects- is as safe as other vaccines.

If your "research" says otherwise, it confirms you don't know what constitutes accurate data.

Lookleft
11th Feb 2022, 03:10
There is plenty of emotion in this topic but its not from the majority of Australians that just want to accept the medical advice and get on with living:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/canberra-braces-for-vaccine-protests-and-disruptions/100822112

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/geraldton-man-charged-with-inciting-others-to-arrest-wa-premier/100822884

It will be interesting to see if the claim of electoral fraud makes an appearance after the Federal and Victorian elections.

Lezzeno
11th Feb 2022, 03:42
Vaccines are doing a great job in Israel

74world
11th Feb 2022, 04:21
Vaccines are doing a great job in Israel

😂 you might want to have a look at the latest news on Israel…..

Lezzeno
11th Feb 2022, 04:30
Sarcasm has always been one of my strong points.

ManaAdaSystem
11th Feb 2022, 07:13
Oh dear, I just love it when a pro vaxxer compares themself to an illiterate person. Did you not read the bit where I'm vaccinated and boosted?

Organised? :D paranoid much?

Oh, that hurt! 😀
Yes, organised. As in the anti vaxx «information» piece that was dropped into my mailbox very early in the pandemic. Complete with a picture of a spiders web on the front. I’m not a native english speaker, and in my neck of the woods, they have found that a small group of people account for a large amount of posts on the net. Does this fit for you in this thread?
Big money behind this noisy bunch of losers.
Hood is just a good example of an useful idiot. Very useful since he is a former captain running aroound in the sad remains of his uniform.
I’m required to return all my uniform effects when I retire or leave the company. If I keep it, that amounts to theft of company property.
That they let him wear his, is beyond me.

PPRuNeUser0198
20th Feb 2022, 06:34
Original video https://rumble.com/vm6tgd-qantas-pilot-speaks-out-about-vaccine-mandate.html

Skynews interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-kwycJnJaw