PDA

View Full Version : JAYROW helicopters closing up shop !!

Kulwin Park
5th Feb 2022, 10:09
Heard today that JAYROW helicopters are shutting shop after probably forty or fifty years in business all around Australia :( . Closing at end of the month, and will have to sell off all the machines and gear.

They were in WA on the oil rigs and gas runs at one stage, had S76-ers and Jettys everywhere Karratha area, Darwin too. Big in Moorabbin with fire contracts and those 212s.

I bet a lot of pilots and engineers would have flown with them over the years !

Any other pictures or memories of their time with them ?

KP

ersa
6th Feb 2022, 00:26
Very sad really , the dynamics in the helicopter world in Australia are changing fast. With Covid there are lot a of companies , dancing on the edge of closing.

Tickle
7th Feb 2022, 00:40
That's sad to hear. I went to primary school with someone related to them. We used to spend quite a bit of time down at the old pontoon helipad on the Yarra.

havick
7th Feb 2022, 02:07
Sadly the beginning of the end was their S76 base in VIC and the new owner at the time siphoning off the top amongst other things.

industry insider
7th Feb 2022, 13:37
That's a shame. I worked for them in the late 90s when Lindsay and Jack owned the company. Lindsay and Jack were very good to me. We had some fun times.

Madi.
18th Jun 2022, 23:07
That's a shame. I worked for them in the late 90s when Lindsay and Jack owned the company. Lindsay and Jack were very good to me. We had some fun times.

Hi,
I am Jack’s granddaughter! This is very nice to hear that my papa and Uncle Lindsay we’re good to you

Madi.
18th Jun 2022, 23:10
I went pass Jayrow in Moorabbin last weekend and they are not closed nor have plans to close. I am Jack, one of the past owners granddaughter.