PDA

View Full Version : Bose A20 cause my tinnitus!!

bubi110
4th Feb 2022, 17:40
Hi all.

I bought brand new Bose A20 and I am 100% sure it cause my tinnitus!

As my headset arrive I was eager to try them, as you know you get aux cable with them to connect to your tablet or phone for navigation, and i connected my phone to see how is the sound, when you turn them on you get hiss from them like white sound, then i played some music on normal volume and they were as expected for 1000 euro

but that day when I was going to bed i noticed that hiss sound stuck in my ears, i thought it will go away, but no, it didn't go away at all so I visit a doctor, he confirmed it was from the headset as he had numerous tinnitus cases from ANR headset, and he even asked me was it a Bose headset.

It's been more than a month and that sound is still in my ears, and for bad luck I have to study for my ATPL and as you know how hard that is, it is even harder with this hissing in you'r ears.

I contacted Bose and they want to test headset to see if its something wrong, but it is not as they work as design, and they are just want to get out of any responsibility. I even said them I am willing to do any medical tests or go on poligraf to confirm I got tinnitus from their headset, as I didn't had any damage or any noise in my ears before this, and also you don't get any warnings, in the manual no warnings about tinnitus.

We need to sue them in a class action, you can just type in google a20 tinnitus and you will find lots of ppl got it from those most expencive headset. Now imagine how much of them got tinnitus from Bose and didn't comment on the internet..

the problem with A20 is they have really pour pasive noise reduction, and that's why they rely heavily on ANR, and that low freq white noise is causing tinnitus

GenAl
22nd Feb 2023, 20:10
It's a pity nobody replied here. Did you use your headset properly? From what I read, headphones and earbuds do not cause tinnitus. However, using them inappropriately can definitely increase your chances of noise-induced hearing loss, which in turn can increase your likelihood of developing tinnitus. If the volume was too high, you really can experience tinnitus. Did you solve the problem? And do you still use your headset?