PDA

View Full Version : Problems with viewing some threads

jmvdb22
28th Jan 2022, 01:00
Since a couple of days I have the new posts on threads not showing initially. It will say on the homepage there is a new comment, but the actual comment only shows a while (hours?) Later.

Bergerie1
30th Jan 2022, 20:06
Why, on occasion, when I click on the end of a thread does it not go to the last post that I have clicked on? I find it most frustrating and heppens on several threads. For example, I want to see last post by Langley Baston on the 'Is Eastern Ukraine about to have a war?' and it stops at No 38 and won't go to N.39? Can anyone help?

treadigraph
30th Jan 2022, 21:09
I have the same problem occasionally - just with some threads.

Saab Dastard
30th Jan 2022, 22:53
It's a database problem that should clear itself after 24 hours.

In the meantime if you want to see the last posts, just hit "Reply" and you can see them then below the reply box (scroll down). You don't actually have to reply.

Bergerie1
31st Jan 2022, 05:21
Saab Dastard, Many thanks, you solution worked like a charm. But from time to time it tends to happen on several threads, is there any chance that you and others can fix the database?

Saab Dastard
31st Jan 2022, 22:55
fix the database?
I wish!
Apparently it's down to the version of vBulletin software, which is rather ancient. The problem was raised with IB several years ago, but no resolution in sight. It is just one of those annoying things that can be worked around, so is a low priority for addressing.

PPRuNe Towers
1st Feb 2022, 00:03
I wrote last week to IB about that happening on the Tech Log Concorde thread.

Usual trick of going to History and clearing the cache for the last week didn't work its normal magic so I specifically asked IB when the last time the database was rebuilt. In the meantime I rescued the thread by deleting the killer post after sending a copy of it to the writer to repost.

Cache deletion usually works beautifully.

Rob

tubby linton
4th Feb 2022, 19:57
The BA tailstrike thread is hiding the last post now.