PDA

View Full Version : ecbq 2021 february

ATPLeasa
27th Jan 2022, 19:36
Hello guys,

It was announced that from February 2022 and on, all students will sit with the 2021 ECQB. I am not new to the exams and have been sitting with the 2016 ECQB for some time now. How do I prepare for the 2021 ecqb? Is there feedback available anywhere? I can't find anything. To me, it looks like there is no way to prepare until feedback comes??? Is there a difference between the 2020 and 2021 ECQB? Thanks in advance.:confused::rolleyes:

RedDragonFlyer
27th Jan 2022, 23:50
I am a little confused by your post.

- Each authority makes its own decisions on question banks. Some authorities stopped running 'old syllabus' exams some time ago, others didn't. Covid put a lot of things into flux. It is also certainly not the case that all students across Europe will sit ECQB 2021 from February 2021. No doubt some authorities will still be using ECQB 2020. It would be helpful if you stated your authority.
- ECQB 2021 will be very similar to ECQB 2020 (EASA claims to add/replace around 1200 questions each year - around 10% of the total amount in the ECQB) and both are based on the 'new' 2020 syllabus.
- There is a lot of feedback for the 'new' syllabus as exams have been running for quite some time now. I know of several Facebook groups focused on it and the big banks all have 2020 sections. A lot of course providers have bridging courses for those who sat partly under the 'old' syllabus and are moving to the 'new' one. There are no radical changes between the old and new syllabi, though there are a few important differences.
- There is no such thing as 'ECQB 2016'. There is the 'old' 2016 syllabus and ECQB 6/7/8 are all based on that syllabus. You might have actually sat on different ECQBs already and just not realised it.

What I guess has happened is that your authority has stopped running exams based on the 'old' 2016 syllabus and you now have to finish your series of exams on the 2020 syllabus using ECQB 2020/21. My recommendation would have been to try to finish on the 'old' syllabus as several of my friends have this month, however, it's a bit late for that now. How you study for the 2016 and 2020 syllabi is basically the same. Everyone has their own methods, but for me it is study the materials and then check and practise your knowledge using the banks (and repeat if necessary).

Alex Whittingham
28th Jan 2022, 10:49
and you should probably check out the discord server. 7 day link here (https://discord.gg/Rv78nchp)