PDA

View Full Version : Vh-sbb

SteveJWR
24th Aug 2002, 00:53
Sunstate may have a new advertising campaign in the works.
1030hrs Sat 20020824 VH-SBB was doing circuts of BNE city @ 1000 with a Jetranger (unidentified) trying to keep up.
1100 tracked to Morton Is.
A plane spotters delight. Can anyone tell this civi' any more?
Cheers
SteveJW

VH-AJC
24th Aug 2002, 03:08
The Heli was VH-HTY and shortly after landing at BNE departed for Sea World.

Dog One
24th Aug 2002, 10:14
And according to tonights news services, the people of Brisbane thought Bin Laden was about to do a Sept 11 on down town Brisbane. QF had to apologise.

compressor stall
25th Aug 2002, 00:42
You would think that after the 707 and the fighter formation over Sydney a few months back, that airlines would advertise in the media that they are to conduct a flypast etc tomorrow at about **** hours.

Saves a lot of bad publicity, and lets the plane spotters get the zoom lenses out too.

Sad that the general population is still so paranoid. Brisbane and a DHC8, surely the next best thing on OBL's hitlist....

Capt Fathom
25th Aug 2002, 11:43
Dear General Public,

Tommorrow at 9am, I will be taking-off.
Please do not be alarmed...it's an aviation thing.

Seez...when will these media beatups cease?
Must have been a quiet news day in Brissy!

SteveJWR
28th Aug 2002, 06:16
I was chatting with an older and wiser ATC who was up on the Story Bridge when it was doing the circuit. He said the though it may have been at 1000 over Breaky Creek, it was well under over the Bridge.

Another 'culprit' of this airspace violation apparently is 'The Red Barron' who tows the advertising banner around town.

Is there anyway to report these 'suspected' errors in judgement/lack of ability to read instruments to ASA / CASA? One report I heard was from a Metro Cmdr.

These 'flybys' are great stuff for the spotters.....