PDA

View Full Version : EK social media threat?

Pif Paf
22nd Jan 2022, 05:34
I see that in latest fleet update they’re about tightening up rules at EK in relation to social media posts! Not that the present rules are particularly relaxed!
Obviously they didn’t like some of info that got out recently!

I am not sure they’ll go as far as the “union” (yes ironic translation seeing as unions are not allowed in UAE) bunch down the road did however maybe all EK participants ought to look at how visible, how easily discoverable they are if pprune has pressure applied to release names etc!

I know we are bringing guys back and also seem to be recruiting again (accommodation shortage again 🙄 no long term planning as usual!) so it’s unlikely they have the time or desire to go after people, however it only takes a few more comments and they could change tactics and be after you !

Maybe 5 minutes to anonymize yourselves would be sensible, just a thought………..

Senior Pilot
22nd Jan 2022, 05:48
Ten years ago, but on your own head if you ignore this (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/480579-etihad-discussion-prohibited.html) 🤔

Oldaircrew
22nd Jan 2022, 07:23
I see that in latest fleet update they’re about tightening up rules at EK in relation to social media posts! Not that the present rules are particularly relaxed!
Obviously they didn’t like some of info that got out recently!

I am not sure they’ll go as far as the “union” (yes ironic translation seeing as unions are not allowed in UAE) bunch down the road did however maybe all EK participants ought to look at how visible, how easily discoverable they are if pprune has pressure applied to release names etc!

I know we are bringing guys back and also seem to be recruiting again (accommodation shortage again 🙄 no long term planning as usual!) so it’s unlikely they have the time or desire to go after people, however it only takes a few more comments and they could change tactics and be after you !

Maybe 5 minutes to anonymize yourselves would be sensible, just a thought………..

Good advice. Unfortunately Too late for some.

fatbus
22nd Jan 2022, 14:59
They are very thinned skinned in the ME . No that before going in .

Gunman returns
24th Jan 2022, 23:43
Don't for one minute think you are invisible on here. I was arrested by the Met police in the Uk over postings on here in 2003. Imagine how much better the technology is now especially in paranoid middle eastern states

shukran
24th Jan 2022, 23:47
Don't for one minute think you are invisible on here. I was arrested by the Met police in the Uk over postings on here in 2003. Imagine how much better the technology is now especially in paranoid middle eastern states

lol what did you post?

LHR Rain
26th Jan 2022, 13:56
If it is the truth what do the powers that be have to be worried about?
we can get in trouble for liable or saying false things but the truth will set you free.
Everyone knows EK sucks beyond belief. Even after being Sacked pilots are coming
back for another round of floggings. Some pilots never learn even with all the
evidence right in front of them.

pfvspnf
28th Jan 2022, 08:01
Who is famous IG pilot in EK ? Any royals ?

lansen
28th Jan 2022, 14:37
If it is the truth what do the powers that be have to be worried about?
we can get in trouble for liable or saying false things but the truth will set you free.
Everyone knows EK sucks beyond belief. Even after being Sacked pilots are coming
back for another round of floggings. Some pilots never learn even with all the
evidence right in front of them.

Do you work for EK?

flyTheBigFatLady
29th Jan 2022, 06:25
Do you work for EK?

those are going back are those who had a very short time before ek and taking the chance over all long seniority guys to jump the list for future upgrades as EK won’t recognize previous service and sets all to zero - yet alone there should ring an alarm bell over your future there - but some people always know better.
some report from their interview and the bottom line of these reports is that HR does not say anything about their future plan - it’s basically come and find out later what are the future plans - again handing out the wildcard to get ****** again

Pif Paf
7th Mar 2022, 04:05
Don't' see any posts on here about EK still flying to Russia. 2x A380 a day, full loads from Moscow!
Social media threat seems to be working!

Question - How will Russians tourists will pay their bills in UAE after Mastercard and Visa pull out of Russia? Unless they have unblocked bank accounts in other countries surely their Russian credit cards won't work in UAE?. Maybe they'll just bring wads of $$$ with them, I am sure nobody will stop them bringing that in!

CaptZeloZelo
21st Mar 2022, 10:08
Question - How will Russians tourists will pay their bills in UAE after Mastercard and Visa pull out of Russia? Unless they have unblocked bank accounts in other countries surely their Russian credit cards won't work in UAE?. Maybe they'll just bring wads of $$$ with them, I am sure nobody will stop them bringing that in!

I've spoken to some people who say they are approached almost daily by offers from banks from Turkey, Dominica, etc etc etc. You give them a large deposit and they give you a credit card with that set limit on it.
I think if you have money there's always a way. For the average joe that's a real concern though to get stuck out of country with no cards.