PDA

View Full Version : TAFs grounded until March.

PoppaJo
21st Jan 2022, 11:18
Geez load up on the gas folks.

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/sup/a22-h01.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3QN3QMRK5CGqV3BULB1XVTj56pp1xM7r0nREWf9QN QepPuASXH3ot_EqE

VH-MLE
21st Jan 2022, 13:13
While Covid is an issue across most of Australia, it’s a convenient excuse now the effects of the BoM’s extensive cost cutting over the past few years has been revealed.

The BoM should have planned for staffing issues due to Covid many months ago…

ShyTorque
21st Jan 2022, 15:41
I thought this was going to be about serious lockdown flight restrictions in Wales!

By George
21st Jan 2022, 20:54
The way I understand it, the TAFs' can keep flying but if they come to Australia there are no TAFs for the TAFs.

Look Mum - no hands
21st Jan 2022, 20:55
Just what the top end needs through the worst of the wet season! Serious question though, as I'm definitely not a meteorologist- what's involved in the issue of a TAF that can't be done remotely with a decent laptop and the right login? Most people unavailable to work are not sick, just isolating.

Stationair8
21st Jan 2022, 22:08
The BoM CEO needs a please explain letter, this is just a convenient excuse for incompetence-but then again this is Australia.

Stickshift3000
21st Jan 2022, 23:46
Just what the top end needs through the worst of the wet season! Serious question though, as I'm definitely not a meteorologist- what's involved in the issue of a TAF that can't be done remotely with a decent laptop and the right login? Most people unavailable to work are not sick, just isolating.

I can confirm that many meteorologists are currently working from home.

This service reduction is due to lack of staff currently able to work.

Climb150
22nd Jan 2022, 03:18
I can confirm that many meteorologists are currently working from home.

This service reduction is due to lack of staff currently able to work.

Sorry I can't come in today I'm isolating at home.

But you work from home.

Yes I'm isolating though so I can't work!

cameltruck
22nd Jan 2022, 03:31
Maybe the forecasting tools/desk-stations used by the meteorologists don't translate themselves well to a domestic environment. Didn't the Oz PM overrule the states and kept isolation at 7 days.

swh
22nd Jan 2022, 10:59
Should outsource it to the east islands at least it will be more accurate

Stationair8
7th Feb 2022, 20:36
Looks like normal service has resumed.