PDA

View Full Version : GA Airport for Edinburgh

smallfry
20th Jan 2022, 16:52
Hi, Sorry if it has already been done, but what are the options for GA aircraft visiting Edinburgh - I know EGPH is a) Very expensive b) not really interested in GA. I am looking for something suitable for a PA28 for day trips / overnights. Preferably not too far from Edinburgh. Many thanks in advance.

Genghis the Engineer
20th Jan 2022, 17:28
Personally I usually use Dundee - which is really user friendly, has all the facilities you could ask for, then is five minutes by taxi and an hour by train from the centre of Edinburgh.

G

Mariner9
20th Jan 2022, 17:29
I use Cumbernauld followed by 10 mins in taxi and a 45min train ride to Edinburgh

Flyingmac
20th Jan 2022, 17:33
I use Cumbernauld and a 45min train ride to Edinburgh

Yep. One every 30 minutes. Around £12 return.

rb14
25th Jan 2022, 00:09
Fife/Glenrothes EGPJ is a wonderful airfield I flew into a couple of weeks ago. Really friendly, helpful people, lovely cafe, fuel, and not far from Edinburgh.

Scottish Info asked me to call "coasting out" as I headed across the Firth of Forth, which was a new one on me.

biscuit74
25th Jan 2022, 20:49
Cumbernauld is the easiest option, as others have said. Annoying that there is nothing else closer - Kirknewton on the SW side of Edinburgh could be useful but is exclusively reserved by the RAF for the Air Cadets..