PDA

View Full Version : Generation EasyJet/CAE

TS17
19th Jan 2022, 21:20
I see CAE have opened their EasyJet MPL…

Mixed feelings!

OSDriver
20th Jan 2022, 16:48
Easyjet is apparently planning on reaching 2019 levels of traffic this summer and start expanding from that. There will be a need for new cadets obviously to crew those planes.

PilotLZ
21st Jan 2022, 05:43
What happened with those who had their training terminated when COVID came around? Have they all been placed with EZY so that new ones are needed?

portsharbourflyer
21st Jan 2022, 11:04
Some of those mpls transferred to integrated ATPL. Some continued with an unbacked MPL. However Easy is now taking on the MPLs that were cut in the last 18 months. Those that continued with the mpl will find their gamble paid off. Most are starting in March.

Not sure if Easy are taking any of the tagged integrated cadets from CAE this march. An MPL course should take about 18 months to complete. So its 2 years until mpls are ready. Remember there is little risk to CAE the cadets still pay for the course and if there is no job at the end CAE still make their money.
Y6s

Aviationtrader
29th Jan 2022, 00:14
Is anyone aware of if/when Easyjet will resume interviews for untagged CAE integrated cadets?

OSDriver
29th Jan 2022, 06:27
Probably not anytime soon. Currently they’re taking in cadets from their previous programs. But they did offer the chance to register your interest in joining, at least for europe.

portsharbourflyer
29th Jan 2022, 17:20
Aviationtrade, as far as I am aware to get into Easyjet as a cadet you have to be mpl or tagged integrated, I am not aware of any white tail integrated getting interviewed for Easy in recent years (I might be wrong).

I suspect Easyjet would not be too impressed with some of the events at CAE Oxford in 2020 and 2021. Infact I think Easyjet are the only ones that dont know the truth.

Those that know, know what I am referring to.

Aviationtrader
29th Jan 2022, 20:01
Thanks for the prompt responses.

I know Easyjet still have ties with CAE and they've interviewed CAE untagged whitetails providing they've made certain criteria (number of exam retakes and attempts etc) over the past few years. Interviews were paused during early 2020. I guess time will tell if it'll resume again.

B61
30th Jan 2022, 16:38
I thought CAE Oxford was effectively closed? The groundschool closed down in March 2021 with all the ground instructors sacked, and about 20+ FIs were kicked out afterwards. The main building is closed, and I understood is being demolished in the next few months.

The IR is done in Belgium (Antwerp?) and all that is left in Oxford are a couple of Seneca’s and 4 or 5 FIs to do the only course they do there, which is the 6 hours of the MEP course.

They would need those C182s to do the 85 hours flying required for an MPL, but not sure what happened to them. They have probably been shoved in a hangar and the engines have all corroded solid.

Aviationtrader
30th Jan 2022, 19:23
As far as I am aware, ground school is now at Gatwick and flying phases are at taking place at Phoenix and/or Antwerp, MCC is still at Gatwick. New instructors and new contracts. Operation is still running just not as streamlined as it once was when based at Oxford. In regards to the aircraft and where each phase of the flying is being done, I have no idea.

Pre Covid, Easyjet had 3 inputs of cadets from CAE: Easyjet MPL, Easyjet-tagged ATPL and Whitetails interviewed during/post IR phase of their integrated course.

A320LGW
31st Jan 2022, 16:46
Are easyJet recruiting direct entry non rated FOs or is it only rated FOs and cadets?

rj2208
31st Jan 2022, 21:21
Hello guys, not sure if someone call help out. I am stuck deciding if whether I should do MPL with easyJet or stick with normal ATPL. Any thoughts from anyone? I would be inclined to go for MPL however currently unsure on what the process entails to unlock MPL to full ATPL after 1500hrs- would this be done automatically? When applying for other airline, would I be applying as ATPL license holder?

portsharbourflyer
1st Feb 2022, 11:48
An MPL when you meet the hours requirement and complete the ATPL skill test (raw data ILS during a LPC) becomes an ATPL the same.

An MPL more than likely put you straight into a job if it all goes smoothly, but if some one has a real interest flying I don't know why you would sign up for a 100k course that only has 70 to 80 real flying hours in it.

Alex Whittingham
1st Feb 2022, 18:06
Its a gamble, the MPL can go badly wrong (see L3's behaviour) but when it works is a fast track to the RHS. Of course you pay for it, and it is jolly profitable for big ATOs who charge £100K for a course with only 70 to 80 flying hours and lots of sim time...

Denti
1st Feb 2022, 18:27
An MPL when you meet the hours requirement and complete the ATPL skill test (raw data ILS during a LPC) becomes an ATPL the same.

An MPL more than likely put you straight into a job if it all goes smoothly, but if some one has a real interest flying I don't know why you would sign up for a 100k course that only has 70 to 80 real flying hours in it.

I would argue if one has a real interest in flying s/he joins the next gliding club. Commercial aviation is not the "pure" flying joy anyway. It is heavily regulated by both aviation regulations as well as internal rules and SOPs.

jb53
7th Feb 2022, 11:25
Anyone heard about the starting salary for cadets following 110k MPL? 100k for 70/80 hours seems very steep to me!

Alelo
9th Feb 2022, 16:21
Is there any reason why someone would decline the offer from generation easyJet and go to an independent ATO?

It’s obviously a personal choice on who you go to but would it really be a terrible idea to say no in the current climate?

portsharbourflyer
9th Feb 2022, 19:30
If you can afford the 100k fee, and accept the fact Easy can pull the job offer at any point.

Modular plus type rating at Ryanair is still cheaper.

In fairness I suspect neither Easyjet or CAE montreal know about the misconduct at CAE Oxford.

rj2208
10th Feb 2022, 14:58
If you can afford the 100k fee, and accept the fact Easy can pull the job offer at any point.

Modular plus type rating at Ryanair is still cheaper.

In fairness I suspect neither Easyjet or CAE montreal know about the misconduct at CAE Oxford.

what misconduct are you referring 2?

portsharbourflyer
10th Feb 2022, 17:58
I don't believe I could disclose details under pprune posting rules as it would implicate certain individuals.

Funky Buddha
10th Mar 2022, 08:14
Hi all,
I am curious to know if anyone else is applying or has applied for the Easyjet MPL course? I am through to the 2nd stage which is the aptitude and personality test and have my assessment next week (Remotely). Has anyone else completed this yet?

Alelo
10th Mar 2022, 09:08
Applied and did it a couple of weeks ago.

Just did the stage 3 interview and waiting on the result of that.

the process was the okay and to be honest if you buy the symbiotics assessments the format is almost identical in the maths and physics questions although it’s a bit of a scam as they don’t tell you how you work out the answers and you buy 5 tests but they are all the same.

​​​​​​​

jb53
11th Mar 2022, 20:11
Completed stage 2 around a month ago, Didn't purchase any symbiotics assessments (seemed very expensive) or CAE material and in all honesty did very little preparation, it wasn't particularly challenging. What drained me the most was the FAST multi tasking exercise at the end.

Personality tests were as expected, I've answered questions like that hundreds of times before, nothing out of the ordinary.

Got an email the next day inviting me to stage 3. Completed that recently, thankfully all my preparation paid off and I received an email informing me I had been offered a place on the MPL course.

Funky Buddha
13th Mar 2022, 16:57
Hi jb53, congratulations on being offered a place on the MPL course! That is fantastic news.
Regarding stage 2, I bought the ADAPT practice exams (As recommended) and was disappointed to realise that the practise exams for each module (Maths, Physics, Cognitive, FAST) are identical and you just get the chance to repeat them over and over again. Whilst I don't find that aspect very productive or helpful (Especially for the price) it has at least got me used to the format of the exams and what to expect.
A couple of questions (jb53 or Alelo):
Regarding stage 3, is the interview completed remotely? If not, where is it located? I assume there is a team building exercise too? Any information on Stage 3 would be very useful. Thank you!

TheHF
13th Mar 2022, 19:25
Hello everyone,

Could anyone who has already done the stage 3 for the Generation Easyjet share his experience with us eventually ? How long does the individual interview take ? What are the questions ? etc...

Thank you so much in advance !

edhelms
16th Mar 2022, 17:09
First 2 stages are online?

Funky Buddha
20th Mar 2022, 16:03
Good news. I have got through to Stage 3.
Stage 3 is virtual (Like Stage 2) and will involve a group activity and interview.
CAE have provided lots of useful information to explain the process within the invitation.
Any tips/advice from those who have already been through the process more than welcome! Thanks!

Juicy_Possum
21st Mar 2022, 09:01
Did my stage 3 last Thursday, got an email the following morning to say I'd passed! Very excited, counting down the weeks until course starts!

Funky_Buddha and TheHF: yes stage 3 is remote. You get a presentation from easyJet (up to 1h), with more info about the course, easyJet etc. You then get split into groups of 6 for a group exercise (they assess up to 12 candidates per day, so two groups of 6). They did ask us not to give details of what the exercise we did was, but it's just an opportunity to demonstrate how you work in a group, and they're more interested in how you all do the exercise than what the end result is.

You then have an interview later in the day - mine was at 3pm so I had a fair gap after the group exercise to do some final prep. The interview will normally be 50-60 mins, and mine was with a current easyJet captain (so no bullsh*ting your way through like you might be able to with someone from HR). It was divided into two parts, motivation and competency. Motivation covers why you want to be a pilot for easyJet, your knowledge of the company, and the airline industry. Competency is mostly "Give an example of a time when you did xxxx".

For motivation, the only way to do that is plenty of prep. Make sure you know easyJet as a company well, and know what's going on in commercial aviation currently, that kind of stuff. For competency, have a look at the 8 pilot competencies (I can't post links but just google it). You can ignore 2,3, and 6 in the list as those are more for qualified pilots, and think of some examples from work/university/hobbies/etc that show you doing those things. They like specific examples, so have a think along those lines.

Good luck to those of you still to do your stage 3!

Dean Woods
22nd Mar 2022, 13:24
Juicy_Possum;

Hey man, i did my stage 3 last Wednesday too. I passed also. I got an email from CAE saying what i need to do next and reply if I have any questions.

Well its been a week and I've had no reply and they aren't answering calls. Have you managed to speak to CAE much since finding out you had passed?

I still haven't even confirmed what date I'll be starting let alone receiving any documents etc...

Kind regards
Dean

Funky Buddha
23rd Mar 2022, 17:26
Juicy_Possum: Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this information and congratulations on getting through. I hope to be there with you!
I have lots of preparation to do first though and I have a few weeks before my stage 3 assessment!
A couple of questions:

You mention that an Easyjet Captain was present during your interview. Was anyone else there on the video call? (e.g. from EasyJet HR, CAE or Symbiotics?)
Also, have CAE mentioned when the MPL program starts? I presume we will all start at the same time for the UK CAA course?

C29
3rd Apr 2022, 10:42
Hey everyone ! Anyone got their stage 3 on the 27th of April ?

Maverick97
4th Apr 2022, 14:27
So it looks like they’re hiring cadets who will join the line in approx 18-24 months time. I recall modular students who completed their MCC with CTC/ L3 (AQC course) pre-covid being offered interviews to then join EasyJet. However, CAE seem to have removed all of their modular flight training options from their website besides Oz. I’d be interested if a similar scheme/ process becomes available further down the line.

It’s good to see BA openly recognise Modular Students with their ‘Newly Qualified Pilot Pathway’.

Ali Makke
28th Apr 2022, 19:19
hey am sorry to ask how long did it took to receive your stage 3 results.

Crusherrr
29th Apr 2022, 09:22
hey am sorry to ask how long did it took to receive your stage 3 results.
I Got them the next morning

UncleBe
6th May 2022, 14:14
Does anyone got their result for stage 3 conducted on 5th May?

Contact Approach
6th May 2022, 19:07
i feel desperately for those who graduated from this scheme prior to covid and remain unemployed. its just not right to reopen this when theres many the airline could take back in an instant. Proceed with extreme caution.

Funky Buddha
9th May 2022, 08:15
Hi everyone,
I found out that I passed the stage 3 assessment and I have been notified that "a training advisor will be in touch shortly to discuss your next steps". (It took about 1.5 days for the result to come through via email after the assessment was completed)
I am over the moon right now although I realise this is just the start and there is a lot of hard work ahead!
I understand there are 3 course start dates this year: May, July and September. I would like to start in September but I believe this course is now full. Hopefully I don't have to wait until 2023.
For those that also got through, how long did it take before CAE began contacting you to "discuss your next steps"?

MikeKilo2
10th May 2022, 10:25
Oh dear.. please do your research on this scheme. We were all dumped during the pandemic on a license that limits you to fly for one airline. The chaos that followed still hasn’t been cleaned up by those who caused it, yet recruitment has re-opened for fresh cadets.

Wasn’t the letter that circulated online asking for £185k to get out of the scheme enough to put anyone off. Please save your money, nobody needs to go through the financial stress that we did. Lessons need to be learnt.

Ale Tanti
10th May 2022, 12:39
Does anyone got their result for stage 3 conducted on 5th May?
I had the results yesterday, I passed. Looking forward for the start of the course.

Ale Tanti
10th May 2022, 12:41
I have been contacted by the training advisor the same day the results came out

pilottobe12
13th May 2022, 20:43
Anyone know what start dates are available for 2022?

flyhigh787
16th May 2022, 10:50
Can foreigners join this program?

Hats.On.To.Fly
16th May 2022, 11:59
Can foreigners join this program?

A right to live and work in the UK is a prerequisite for the course, as EZY won't be offering work nor visa sponsorship to those pilots after.

enzino
16th May 2022, 12:56
They have lots of bases also in the EU.

Fadecc
18th May 2022, 11:32
A right to live and work in the UK is a prerequisite for the course, as EZY won't be offering work nor visa sponsorship to those pilots after.

I'm not sure that's correct, extract from the eligibility section of the CAE website:

Have the right to live and work with unrestricted access across UK, EEA, EU or Switzerland

There were lots of people operating from Europe on my introduction.

MikeKilo2
20th May 2022, 14:57
That’s another concern to be very vigilant of. ATOs have delivered some students with the incorrect license to match their passport (eg UK MPL with EU passport). Airlines wont provide visas and can’t hire them bcos of Brexit. Especially worrying with the MPL license restricting you to one airline.. unemployable.

AnaStasia Staisy
30th May 2022, 17:21
Hey all, just wonder if anyone received any further information from a training advisor after passing all stages? I received email and confirmed starting date etc and been waiting for over a week now - no response back. I've read some of you had the same issues. Thanks!

PFD
31st May 2022, 07:47
A colleague of mine had a call from a CAE student and was told that CAE are saying EasyJet only recruit from them. This is nonsense isn’t it? There must be people applying to EasyJet and getting jobs, who aren’t going through CAE?

Alex Whittingham
31st May 2022, 09:16
According to a pilot member of the Easyjet recruitment team this is true. Apparently CAE have a huge contract to proviode simulator training to the airline and the last line said "....and you will source all your ab-initio pilots from CAE". Only if CAE are unable to provide in quality or quantity can Easy recruit from elsewhere. My memory is that he said the MPL will run for a short while then recruitment will stop because of a 'training gap' - and I should have asked further about what he meant by that but didn't - then, when recruitment recommences they will take CAE frozen ATPL candidates.

ZFT
31st May 2022, 11:36
If you don't understand CAE's global plan by now !!!
Get your cheque books out.

portsharbourflyer
31st May 2022, 16:14
CAE have a contract to supply 1000 MPLs to Eastjet over the next 5 years. 200 per year, doesn't leave much scope to recruit from other sources. Some of the L3 cadets from the previous contract easyjet had with L3 have been recruited recently. But it does indeed look like it is CAE for the future.

A large number of MPLs transferred over to the integrated in Sept 2020 , only 5 or so continued MPL from that intake. So I suspect the training gap will be the lack of MPLs coming out of the 2020 intake. So a good number of those CAE integrated recruited will still be former mpls.

Chris the Robot
5th Jun 2022, 16:30
After the massive redundancies in the industry caused by Covid and the comments both on this forum and elsewhere about the way MPL cadets were treated as a result, are there going to be enough candidates able and willing to find the £100k+ who have got the ability required to fly an airliner? Personally, if I were a candidate (or wealthy parent), I'd want an airline to have some serious financial commitment to the programme in such a way that dumping cadets mid-way through training doesn't leave the cadets massively out-of-pocket.

I seem to recall back in 2015/2016, BA had more places on their Future Pilot Programme than they ended up awarding positions for, they simply didn't have enough people at the final assessment stage who they felt met the required standard. That was also a scheme which attracted more applicants by virtue of the fact the airline made the programme financially available to the majority of would-be applicants. Could a similar scenario happen here?

Denti
5th Jun 2022, 21:39
Not likely easyjet will financially help candidates at all, they try to reduce cost wherever possible after they lost a few billions during the pandemic, a debt that has to be repaid. On the other hand they have a rather ironclad contract with CAE to take on their cadets, so much so they rather fire experienced crew and hire cadets instead, which of course reduces their cost as well. Caveat here is, any cadet is an experienced crew after just a month or two on the line.

01wycwalters
24th Nov 2022, 08:03
Could you expand?

willlll05
13th Dec 2022, 14:09
Hello all

Have been invited to stage 2 of this programme. Was wondering at what stage I would be expected to cough up the 100 grand, and more importantly, have the relevant course details to apply for a loan. Furthermore, how has everyone here on the course funded so far. And does anyone have further experience? Is it possible to have a source of income while in this course?

Many thanks

Alex Whittingham
13th Dec 2022, 20:18
Inevitably your 'cough up point' will be well before you have even seen an aeroplane, which unfortunately means that from that point on you are no longer a customer to be nurtured. If you are stuck on the integrated path may I suggest you try FTE Jerez, always the best but €120000 paid in year #1, if you are looking for a good course without the bells and whistles try flyby school in Burgos, €72000 all in including accommodation which i think can be paid monthly, someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You might try negotiating a different payment schedule with FTE but they are pretty good with their customers anyway. You have no chance of an unsecured loan, mostly this money comes from parents.

willlll05
13th Dec 2022, 20:59
Thanks Alex. Potentially looking at a secured loan at the moment to fund the course, although FTE Jerez looks like a potentially good school, with the monthly payment scheme.

Many thanks

selbrown06
13th Jan 2023, 09:23
Hey all! Just checking in before an online EJ Stage2 assessment. I’m aware that though online it’s invigilated and aware it’s no calculator for the whole thing- a bit confused if you’re allowed the formula sheet with you (given that they provide it as a “crib” sheet)?

don’t want to affect my chances by accidentally doing something that’s seen as “cheating”

thanks for your help!

Dheluu
14th Jan 2023, 10:29
Hi selbrown06, I am as well close to take the Stage 2. I have also not really understood if the crib sheet or some paper and pen to lay down calculations were allowed. Since they don't even say it once in the documents that were attached to the email I assume nothing is authorized.

Jaikpatidar
6th Feb 2023, 08:40
From Stage 1, to starting your MPL, do you start weeks after your Stage 3 is approved or are you waiting a short while.

KylanH
23rd Feb 2023, 11:56
The EZY MPL appears to have been temporarily closed. Does anybody know if they routinely open and close applications or is there a reason behind this?

Triton0206
8th Jun 2023, 14:27
The EZY MPL appears to have been temporarily closed. Does anybody know if they routinely open and close applications or is there a reason behind this?

It’s open now.

Learning101
8th Jun 2023, 19:10
Hi guys,
Anyone taken the ADAPT Test recently for the EasyJet MPL? If so, could you provide some insights on how the test is and also, any pointers. Also, any stage 3 knowledge would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Ppaflyer
3rd Sep 2023, 17:22
Were the questions similar from the exam to the practice exam?

MintyFS
6th Sep 2023, 16:52
Were the questions similar from the exam to the practice exam?
Yes, especially if you haven't done maths/physics in a while, I would highly recommend the symbiotics practise exams.
The FAST test is almost the exact same format, and the maths/physics is the same ish format just different questions :)

SigMondiale
15th Sep 2023, 15:01
I'm a student pilot currently halfway through my PPL at AeroClub Milano. Recently I have been trying to enter the generation easyjet program and I will have the stage 3 interview next week. They sent me the contract yesterday to reserve my place in Madrid and all the expenses that aren't covered plus the extras that they charge with demotivated me quite a bit. Do you think it's worth it?

Pablopal
16th Sep 2023, 04:16
I'm a student pilot currently halfway through my PPL at AeroClub Milano. Recently I have been trying to enter the generation easyjet program and I will have the stage 3 interview next week. They sent me the contract yesterday to reserve my place in Madrid and all the expenses that aren't covered plus the extras that they charge with demotivated me quite a bit. Do you think it's worth it?

Hi Sig,

Could you share what kind of expenses and extras are not included? How much did it add up to?

katana_0703
4th Oct 2023, 11:33
Completely agree, TUI and BA are really great options, the BA application was massively oversubscribed though, to the point that their websites could not handle the traffic of us all trying to do tests and whatnot. Pretty sure their application window is closed now till next year, right? i dont think TUI is open yet either. Aer Lingus is also a great option for people to consider

bombaydude
13th Oct 2023, 09:10
Does anyone know if successful applicants pay all the 100k up front...or is there a payment schedule somewhere?

Alelo
24th Oct 2023, 17:30
Avoid CAE like the plague.

Currently on this course and it’s a complete **** show. Organisation in Phoenix is so bloody poor and the easyjet reps have the worst attitudes.

People being sent home for 6 months after moving to Phoenix for 5 months only have flown twice.

avoid avoid avoid

Futurefemaleflyer
9th Nov 2023, 10:07
Oh dear that is really awful to hear. What communication do you receive while you're in Phoenix when you're told to go home? As in do they say come back in 3 months or you just have to wait? And are all CAE cadets experiencing this or just some?

Aaron_07
28th Feb 2024, 21:39
I am looking to apply to the Generation Easyjet programme in summer 2024. I see that the ADAPT tests seem quite intensive and I was wondering if anyone could send me materials or websites useful for preparation. Also if you would be interested in letting me pick your brain for a couple hours please do let me know as I want to ensure I have the best chance possible to earn a spot on the programme.

I can be contacted at this Email: [email protected] (alternate email btw.)

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

TrapMight
1st Mar 2024, 21:21
Is there any news on when it will open?

JFYT
25th Apr 2024, 20:00
The program has reopened, it was expected to have a price increase, but luckily no price increase...

cjags
30th Apr 2024, 16:40
Would be interested to hear from anybody who has completed the MPL at EZY recently. How much did you end up spending on top of the course fees?

AlphaSix
30th Apr 2024, 21:45
Hi, I don’t have an EU passport (I have a Serbian passport) and from what I’ve seen, the Easyjet program has a requirement to live and work freely in the EU. I was wondering do they ever make exceptions to this requirement? Is it still worth applying or would I be expecting a flat out rejection? Anyone got any experience?

Thanks

allert
1st May 2024, 19:01
Hi, I don’t have an EU passport (I have a Serbian passport) and from what I’ve seen, the Easyjet program has a requirement to live and work freely in the EU. I was wondering do they ever make exceptions to this requirement? Is it still worth applying or would I be expecting a flat out rejection? Anyone got any experience?

Thanks

You can submit an application and find out

alexandercurry
3rd May 2024, 09:31
Does anyone know if we're able to submit an application to Volotea at the same time as an EasyJet one? I can't find anywhere if CAE have a restriction on concurrent applications or not

alexandercurry
3rd May 2024, 19:13
Followup to this, didn't pass the FAST section but been offered integrated ATPL at CAE - is this worth going for?

Alex Whittingham
4th May 2024, 18:58
Sadly, no. CAE cannot train the pilots they are meant to supply to Easy so you will find yourself very much at the back of a long queue waiting to fly, see posts above. Go to FTE Jerez for a top class integrated course, or go modular and save half the costs.