PDA

View Full Version : Rumplestiltskin and 24/8/1989

elektra
23rd Aug 2002, 22:29
Must have had a dud glass of red last night after a longs days aviating around the tropics. So the dreams were unusually wierd.....

I dreamt that I was Rumplestilskin and I had just woken up after a 13 year sleep. The last thing I remember from 1989 was a series of newspaper ads and headlines screaming proudly that Australia's domestic aviation sector was being rebuilt to a shining new better than ever standard and that without the AFAP all would be well for ever and ever. Then in my sleepy state after 13 years rest I went out to Tulla and looked around. IPEC, Eastwest and Australian were nowhere to be seen and all the Ansett jets were silent with engine covers on. And I thought to myself..."what happened?".

Well....what did happen. Did they lie to us? Was the industry NOT rebuilt by the Prime Minister? Surely they didn't screw up such a great plan that badly?

Oh well, it was just a dream. Australia seems so far away and by the time I get home it might all have changed again. Hope so...the industry had such potential.

Back to sleep now.

twodogsflying
23rd Aug 2002, 22:47
13 years. How time flys.
12 years since the big party in Frankfurt. I have not seen some of you since then. (JMS 1/79 and others)

Sui Generis

john_tullamarine
24th Aug 2002, 02:33
.. a lot of water under the bridge since those dreadful days ...

Kaptin M
25th Aug 2002, 23:02
"And having successfully removed the Federation, Australian pilots' conditions and future prospects were assured."

Ansett, Australian (TAA), IPEC, and East-West - employers of 1640 plus AUSTRALIAN domestic airline pilots - multiplied by at least 10 times that number of F/A's and ground staff!! - 13 years ago.

The true cost of 1989 will never be known - but who REALLY gives a rat's @rse?

It's said that Australians are apathetic - but who cares!

dragchute
26th Aug 2002, 07:51
You are right Kaptain M, who does give a rat's. I don't.

gaunty
26th Aug 2002, 12:34
dragchute

Well I do and I wasn't even directly involved.

Anything or event that corrupts the the democratic process and it was corrupted big time by the same participant who would cry his eyes out in sympathy with himself for being being such a great Australian and the sheer wonder of his self professed love affair with the Australian people for Christs sake.:rolleyes: should have us all sittting bolt upright in terror.

Rabbit
26th Aug 2002, 19:58
Kaptin M

Far from being "removed", the FEDERATION is the only survivor. In fact it is doing quite well, membership is higher than before and it still represents almost everyone except QF as before 89'.

Have a nice day

Casper
26th Aug 2002, 20:44
Hear, hear, Gaunty. You are quite correct. Unfortunately, the silver budgie, un-Australian egotistical failure that he was, is now simply a has-been of whom no one takes any notice. HE, and mostly HE, should incur the wrath of a now disinterested public. But then again, who really does give a damm?