PDA

View Full Version : UK and US Electronic Log Books

Stewart128
14th Jan 2022, 13:15
Hi all,
I did approx 84 hours of flying and got my PPL in 2005. Since then (for various reasons) I have flown very, very little and I am not current. I am looking at getting current again soon and one of the first things I would like to do is get my log book sorted. I have an old paper log book which has a couple of certifications from the flying schools in it to confirm my hours but I feel the paper copy is now way too old fashioned and I would like to convert 100% to electronic. I know there are tons of options but I wondered if there was any website/app software that was the main one people use nowadays? Since I have been out of it for a while I don't know what the current trend is. Do most private pilot's still use paper or do they use electronic I wonder? Is there any legal requirement to keep one or the other?

Also, I did approx 70% of my training the USA and 30% here in the UK. Hopefully any website/app software would be one that is recognised internationally (or at least UK and US) since I will probably want to do more flying in the US.

Thanks for any help and I'm really looking forward to getting back into the flying.

In case it is relevant to the answer, I don't ever plan to become a commercial pilot - I will only be flying for fun!

S