PDA

View Full Version : Switched from integrated to modular, ATPL certificates expiration question

sierrakiloa350
11th Jan 2022, 11:59
Hi there,

In 2018 I started my integrated ATPL program with a certain German flight school (EASA). After one year of theoretical training and exams I passed all 14 subjects at the German Aviation Authority (LBA). I then continued with my flight training up until March 2020, we were then sent back home and after a long wait the school shut down (due to the covid impact).
I partially continued my flight training, by obtaining my PPL (A) SEP at a Dutch ATO.
Question: Does the 36 month validity of my ATPL-theory certificates end at the time of starting my integrated trainig (mid 2018) or at the time of my exams (mid 2019)?
So either they are expired already or I still have 6-ish months to go for my CPL practical exam, without having to re-do all the theoretical exams.

Thanks in advance.

Arrow Flyer
11th Jan 2022, 17:47
FCL.025 (c)
Validity Period

(1) The successful completion of the theoretical knowledge examinations will be valid:
(i) for the issue of a light aircraft pilot licence or a private pilot licence, for a period of 24 months;
(ii) for the issue of a commercial pilot licence, instrument rating (IR) or en route instrument rating (EIR), for a period of 36 months
(iii) the periods in (i) and (ii) shall be counted from the day when the pilot successfully completes the theoretical knowledge examination, in accordance with (b)(2).

Everything you need to know is contained in Part FCL.

flybyschool
11th Jan 2022, 17:57
Hi there,

In 2018 I started my integrated ATPL program with a certain German flight school (EASA). After one year of theoretical training and exams I passed all 14 subjects at the German Aviation Authority (LBA). I then continued with my flight training up until March 2020, we were then sent back home and after a long wait the school shut down (due to the covid impact).
I partially continued my flight training, by obtaining my PPL (A) SEP at a Dutch ATO.
Question: Does the 36 month validity of my ATPL-theory certificates end at the time of starting my integrated trainig (mid 2018) or at the time of my exams (mid 2019)?
So either they are expired already or I still have 6-ish months to go for my CPL practical exam, without having to re-do all the theoretical exams.

Thanks in advance.

It starts counting when you passed your last ATPL exam

best regards