PDA

View Full Version : Low Approach into Edinburgh EGPH

Boeing100
7th Jan 2022, 07:27
Hi All

Took advantage of a beautiful (but freezing) winter morning to conduct a low approach and go-around at Edinburgh Airport

Early Morning Low Approach - Edinburgh Airport - Cockpit View - YouTube

Hope you enjoy!

Groundloop
7th Jan 2022, 15:25
Actually, publicly streaming all that ATC chatter is illegal in the UK.

SaulGoodman
7th Jan 2022, 15:38
Actually, publicly streaming all that ATC chatter is illegal in the UK.

seriously? It is all broadcasted on open bandwidth. Doesn’t make any sense to make it illegal!

Dct_Mopas
8th Jan 2022, 14:42
seriously? It is all broadcasted on open bandwidth. Doesn’t make any sense to make it illegal!

Well in the UK it’s also illegal to listen to radio transmissions, unless they’re intended for you. Nobody has been prosecuted so it’s all a bit over the top, still definitely not recommended to distribute recordings of UK ATC transmissions.

spekesoftly
8th Jan 2022, 15:05
Posted many years ago, but I doubt that the law has changed:-

https://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/206063-listening-uk-atc-communications-law.html

pax britanica
9th Jan 2022, 19:40
A clue to the pointlessness of the law on ATC talk and the unlikely chance of prosecution is that it falls under the 'Wireless Telegraphy Act.-Not a lot of telegraphy about these days although many people including those born after telegrams disappeared still refer to telegraph poles. Like the Official Secrets act, much more serious of course, Seldom used except in extreme circumstances but its there 'just in case' .

WHBM
19th Jan 2022, 06:14
-Not a lot of telegraphy about these days although many people including those born after telegrams disappeared still refer to telegraph poles. .
Probably because that's what the manufacturers of them call them ...

Utility Poles – Total Poles (https://www.totalpoles.co.uk/utility-poles.html)

DaveReidUK
19th Jan 2022, 06:31
_4E_924b9SU

pax britanica
19th Jan 2022, 10:49
WHBM,

Amazing

Clearly the utility pole industry isnt into rebranding , product profiling , or any of the marketing and advertising fluff that dominates todays world . We could still have Horseless Carriages , Wireless Sets , and all kind of things.

On the same note , about how long things take to change , although i am going back 40 years to 1980s part of the village I lived in still had overhead phone lines in some roads although mist was underground by then. However one of the 'telegraph Poles had a rusty iron plate fixed near the top which read 'Persons must not throw stones at the Telegraphs VR'. As Queen Victoria died in 1901 the pole had to be at least 80 years old it probably explains why people dont throw money away but 're branding'.

In fact I wonder how many people today actually know what Telegraph means .

treadigraph
19th Jan 2022, 17:50
Telegraph Road - first CD I ever heard, and in a car... aye, that were forty year ago...

(I had to buy the LP...)

Geordie_Expat
19th Jan 2022, 18:17
Great track, Mark Knopfler at his best.