PDA

View Full Version : Autosave

Mr Proach
2nd Jan 2022, 00:51
When using the quick reply mode I see an autosave field. On a couple of occasions I have written a fairly lengthy post hit the submit key which generates a message which I can't decipher. At the top an "okay" link which I select which generates a new blank reply box. I then cannot retrieve what I have written. I am thinking this autosave feature may enable that capability but I don't see anyway to do it.
Much appreciate any guidance / information on this feature.

cattletruck
9th Jan 2022, 08:21
I do a Ctrl-A to select the entire messages then do a Ctrl-C and save it to clipboard before I post a lengthy message on Pprune. Autosave doesn't work for me for reasons unknown. Often I lose a message because I take forever to type it due to distractions and Pprune expires my session which I only discover after hitting the submit button.

A few days ago the R&N thread became private to my account meaning I cannot read it when logged in but can read it when logged out. Bizarre, but I usually have my posts deleted there for reasons unknown. Pprune is someone else's bat and ball so I really couldn't care what rules they play with.