PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

Pages : [1] 2

Oasis
30th Dec 2021, 12:50
scmp local community spread (https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3161517/hong-kong-leader-carrie-lam-says-she-hoping-good?module=lead_hero_story&pgtype=homepage)

Fly747
30th Dec 2021, 13:41
The genie is now out of the bottle. Cases will double every two days. Get your third dose before the queues are too long.

mngmt mole
30th Dec 2021, 14:15
How about start just treating it like a form of the cold virus that it really is? Maybe that might start returning some sanity to the debate.

Fly747
30th Dec 2021, 14:27
Freighter crew now have New Year off. Long haul freighters suspended for seven days. Quarantine increased to seven days too.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3161623/hong-kong-ramps-quarantine-cathay-pacific-aircrew

pifpafpouf
30th Dec 2021, 14:55
Something so infectious you can delay the application of quarantines by 36h :D

Oasis
30th Dec 2021, 15:06
The good news is that it is omicron, the mildest form of covid so far. Hopefully, if it does set off a massive wave of infections, it will effectively ‘vaccinate’ the general population in Hong Kong and will set the stage for opening up it up to the rest of the world.
If they manage to contain it somehow, it would not be good news for aviation and cargo supply to Hong Kong.

Cury Lamb
30th Dec 2021, 15:11
Freighter crew now have New Year off. Long haul freighters suspended for seven days. Quarantine increased to seven days too.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3161623/hong-kong-ramps-quarantine-cathay-pacific-aircrew

Won’t be long now until the last wheel comes off. Good luck to everyone finding a new job, albeit non aviation related. This Soap Opera has been a good one!

Oasis
30th Dec 2021, 15:14
If only we had some bases to circumvent the new 7 day quarantine rule.

Rie
30th Dec 2021, 15:35
If only we had some bases to circumvent the new 7 day quarantine rule.
LA is just that… this is the beginning of the end if nothing changes. We will go the way of UO. Flights limited to training captains if there are any left.

HKGDTT
30th Dec 2021, 16:06
yes, but that is not how the government and health lunatics in HK think or will think about how to deal from now on, you know nothing they implement is science based .

Oasis
30th Dec 2021, 17:50
I’d like to see them trying to hospitalise every person with covid in a proper outbreak, like they are doing now, whether symptomatic or not.

People will be dying, not from omicron, but from lack of hospital beds.

I want to see the system break, I’ve had enough.

Rie
31st Dec 2021, 00:48
I’d like to see them trying to hospitalise every person with covid in a proper outbreak, like they are doing now, whether symptomatic or not.

Just need to put a few bunk beds in at AWE. Double the capacity straight away. The farce that is the government is going to get this severely wrong either way.

Oasis
31st Dec 2021, 01:38
Still they have a limited amount of nurses and doctors, but I take your point.

1200firm
31st Dec 2021, 03:18
Plus yet more messages of HOPE from our leadership. Hope is not a strategy. It's not even a lousy strategy.

triple7driver
31st Dec 2021, 03:19

It will be glorious when the Chinese are forced to abandon their stupid covid 0 policy. Unfortunately most locals support all the over the top quarantine and rules and wearing masks outdoors... I never really took much notice of cultural differences between the Chinese and gwei los until covid hit

Dragon Pacific
31st Dec 2021, 03:23
And now it’s Iron Fairies ffs.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3161653/omicron-variant-new-years-eve-expected-mark-end

Rie
31st Dec 2021, 07:08
And now it’s Iron Fairies ffs.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3161653/omicron-variant-new-years-eve-expected-mark-end

Many of the guys on 3 days home quarantine also held Christmas Parties with photos on Facebook. You never had to look far for someone breaching the rules. Guys were leaving the hotels outport since the beginning.
I'm glad it's finally broken the borders. HK needs this to even look like moving forward. It'll scare locals into vaccines.

hyg
31st Dec 2021, 07:33
Many of the guys on 3 days home quarantine also held Christmas Parties with photos on Facebook. You never had to look far for someone breaching the rules. Guys were leaving the hotels outport since the beginning.
I'm glad it's finally broken the borders. HK needs this to even look like moving forward. It'll scare locals into vaccines.

The news just said, CX chairman and CEO both got summoned by Carrie Lam and were both heavily condemned by the CE.... This is exactly the same move that Chairman Xi pulled on Jack Ma and many other billionaires in China, if the big man is unhappy, someone will be reprimanded... And given shxt rolls downhill, guess what's going to happen next... It will be Healy/Augustus -> Kempis -> respective CPs -> anyone else who has stripes on their shoulders... I said that before, the CE only cares about the border with the motherland, anyone who even remotely affect her plan to reconnect with the motherland will be punished...

The Covid 0 strategy will NOT change, you guys seriously need to get someone to translate some Chinese news to you. There are words coming out of Xian, which has been in lockdown for 8-9 days now, that people only have enough food to have 1 meal per day as they are completely locked in their home with groceries delivered by the authorities. Motherland does not care about vaccines, it cares about COVID 0. Stop dreaming that HK can move forward, HK is a baby in a pram, it wouldn't move unless the mother pushes it

Cury Lamb
31st Dec 2021, 09:35
Let’s hope the Jelly Fish and kie disappears like those book sellers in Causeway Bay.

Xinjiang “training camps” are looking for some extra hands :}

CE summons Cathay bosses over rule-breaching staff
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1626786-20211231.htm

Oasis
31st Dec 2021, 09:42
To be honest, re-opening of bases is the only way forward for Cathay to operate the airline efficiency for the foreseeable future.

It is a 180 from the policy to close them only a few months ago, but they have to be flexible and act as the battlefield changes.

It solves the problem of pilots bringing COVID in as you can isolate them on their layover, solves the mental health issue for pilots and avoids the unpredictable nature of the rules.

They need to operate the airline outside - in rather than the reverse.

I know they are working on it, but it is very slow, a day late and a dollar short.

ACMS
1st Jan 2022, 02:27
To be honest, re-opening of bases is the only way forward for Cathay to operate the airline efficiency for the foreseeable future.

It is a 180 from the policy to close them only a few months ago, but they have to be flexible and act as the battlefield changes.

It solves the problem of pilots bringing COVID in as you can isolate them on their layover, solves the mental health issue for pilots and avoids the unpredictable nature of the rules.

I know they are working on it, but it is very slow, a day late and a dollar short.

and all of the very senior base Pilots they screwed?

BuzzBox
1st Jan 2022, 03:09

Does that mean I get my job back?

Fat_Dumb_and_Unhappy
1st Jan 2022, 03:33
Does that mean I get my job back?

Not if you signed for any type of enhanced redundancy package unfortunately.

I suspect any talk of reopening the bases is pure conjecture. They’ve spent a decade trying to get rid of them and bring everyone back under a POS policy, this pandemic presented a perfect opportunity so why would they roll that all back now?

My best guess is they will see how many volunteers they get for these closed loops, then they’ll turn to temporary bases, which can I add are a carrot for signing up for closed loops, and then when this virus madness ends it’ll be back to the pineapple/jackfruit treatment.

I hope I am wrong, as opening bases will be a great result for many at CX. However, judging by the way they dealt with the bases over the past year, would anyone be confident that they won’t just repeat the same tactic again.

CodyBlade
1st Jan 2022, 05:22
and all of the very senior base Pilots they screwed?

Mission accomplished

Bokpiel
1st Jan 2022, 09:48
Let's hope these cases spread like wildfire in HK. Good riddance to the old unvaccinated morons. Unfortunately it will change nothing about their BS zero covid strategy.

KABOY
1st Jan 2022, 11:31
https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/12/31/cathay-pacifics-partying-pilots-leave-hong-kong-on-cusp-of-omicron-outbreak/

Says it all unfortunately….

Progress Wanchai
1st Jan 2022, 12:01

A 180 degree turn to open bases since they closed them would be a 360 degree turn from the bases review of 2 years ago that recommended they remain open. The bonus of having an ever changing policy is management can always retrospectively claim they were right by selectively using a convenient past position.

Sea Eggs
1st Jan 2022, 12:59
https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2021/12/31/cathay-pacifics-partying-pilots-leave-hong-kong-on-cusp-of-omicron-outbreak/

Says it all unfortunately….
what does that mean? It was the cabin crews not pilots that were tested positive?

SaulGoodman
1st Jan 2022, 13:15
Thinking outside the box here: can’t they lease the freighters to AHK including the crews? They already have the 747 on their AOC and operate bases outside HKG?

main_dog
1st Jan 2022, 13:31
Please Saul, stop making sense. Cannot.

anxiao
1st Jan 2022, 14:37
SeaEggs, a final correction to the article that Kaboy linked has the statement, "An earlier version of this story said the crew members involved were pilots. Cathay Pacific has since clarified that the aircrew involved were cabin crew."

So yes, it looks as though they are cabin crew. Puts a whole new perspective on the case. I wonder where the mis-information came from initially, and if is was deliberate?

mngmt mole
1st Jan 2022, 17:07
Perhaps this article will help with a bit of perspective...

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/psychological-cruelty-denying-natural-immunity

Harbour Dweller
1st Jan 2022, 23:36
SeaEggs, a final correction to the article that Kaboy linked has the statement, "An earlier version of this story said the crew members involved were pilots. Cathay Pacific has since clarified that the aircrew involved were cabin crew."

So yes, it looks as though they are cabin crew. Puts a whole new perspective on the case. I wonder where the mis-information came from initially, and if is was deliberate?

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/cathay-pacific-sacks-two-aircrew-breaching-covid-19-rules-2022-01-01/

CX media and spokes 'people' interchange pilot, cabin crew or aircrew to suit the key messaging.

In this case, the aircrew appear to be cabin crew. However, as they are most likely local cabin crew this would not suit the agenda of 'blame the expat pilots'. The use of 'aircrew' on this occassion feeds the illusion to the general population.

BubbaJ
2nd Jan 2022, 01:31
Good read there mngmt mole Spot on!

Dragon Pacific
2nd Jan 2022, 01:40
I consider the “aircrew” to have done HK a favour by importing Omicron. There has been plenty of time to prepare. Shame that Cathay is being made a scapegoat.

Pedalz
2nd Jan 2022, 01:53
https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3161814/all-hongkongers-must-now-pay-price-cathays-quarantine-failure

Aircrew around the world are watching on in disbelief as CX crew continue to volunteer for these unsustainable working practices whilst the government, general public and 'management' have turned their back on operating crew.

The only way this stops is if the crew body say enough is enough and those continuing to work under these dystopic practices stop dragging the rest of their colleagues and their families through another year of this nonsense.

Disgraceful.

Will IB Fayed
2nd Jan 2022, 04:18
https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3161814/all-hongkongers-must-now-pay-price-cathays-quarantine-failure

Aircrew around the world are watching on in disbelief as CX crew continue to volunteer for these unsustainable working practices whilst the government, general public and 'management' have turned their back on operating crew.

The only way this stops is if the crew body say enough is enough and those continuing to work under these dystopic practices stop dragging the rest of their colleagues and their families through another year of this nonsense.

Disgraceful.

Spot on.
Hit a paywall on the article, anyone care to post?

Bekol delay
2nd Jan 2022, 04:25
When Cathay Pacific emerged from a near-death pandemic experience more than a year ago, fortified against further damage to its business with a HK$30 billion (US$3.8 billion) government cash injection, few could have anticipated that it would now be in even more strife. It has suspended long-haul cargo flights (https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3161623/hong-kong-ramps-quarantine-cathay-pacific-aircrew?module=inline&pgtype=article) – a revenue lifeline – for a week while it adjusts to tough new aircrew quarantine requirements. It has only itself to blame after failure to impose quarantine discipline on its staff. We all pay the price.

The city is now braced for a local outbreak of the highly contagious Omicron variant, for which responsibility has already been laid at the door of Cathay aircrew who broke isolation protocols (https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3161653/omicron-variant-new-years-eve-expected-mark-end?module=inline&pgtype=article). The breach has apparently resulted in the first local coronavirus cases in more than 80 days. The government has now extended a vaccine bubble to more places including restaurants, meaning patrons must have at least one jab before Lunar New Year.
Hong Kong consumers set to take hit from Cathay cargo flight suspension (https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/3161768/cathay-pacific-cargo-flight-suspension-set-hit-hong-kong?module=hard_link&pgtype=article)
1 Jan 2022 (https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/3161768/cathay-pacific-cargo-flight-suspension-set-hit-hong-kong?module=hard_link&pgtype=article)
https://cdn.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/237x147/public/d8/images/canvas/2022/01/01/dac5ef16-8635-49c4-aebc-7224afcaa749_516a18b3.jpg?itok=bsFcS628&v=1640972548 (https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/3161768/cathay-pacific-cargo-flight-suspension-set-hit-hong-kong?module=hard_link&pgtype=article)Pandemic rules have found Cathay and its aircrew wanting. Non-compliance has damaged the airline’s relations with the government. Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, rightly, summoned the airline’s chairman and chief executive to express her “grave concerns” after four aircrew violated home isolation rules. Such irresponsibility is to be condemned. The violations cannot be that uncommon. Cathay should have been more alert to the danger. Anti-virus “closed loop” crew assignments that keep them away from home for weeks, followed by quarantine, would test anyone’s forbearance. That is just one example of the rising collateral costs of a zero-tolerance policy towards the virus. Another is the damage to Cathay’s brand as one of the world’s top air-cargo operators, and to Hong Kong’s image as a cargo hub. Industry players say Hongkongers can expect to pay much more for fresh produce, daily necessities and electrical goods over coming weeks as shipping costs soar due to the suspension of long-haul cargo flights.

Vaccination remains the first line of defence. The February 1 deadline to get at least one jab before going to restaurants, cinemas and gyms appears to lack urgency, even if it allows for advance notice and for trades to adapt. “Before Lunar New Year” sounds flexible and we trust no opportunity will be lost to bring that forward.

The vexing question of why more people are seeking a booster jab than the first shot reflects the resistance that prevails among the unvaccinated, especially the over-80s. Measures that punish the most vulnerable have, wisely, been avoided so far. One government adviser has called for wet markets to be included in the extended vaccine bubble. It would be regrettable if that is what it takes to get people’s attention and boost the inoculation rate.

Harbour Dweller
2nd Jan 2022, 04:41
Such irresponsibility is to be condemned...Measures that punish the most vulnerable have, wisely, been avoided so far.

Meanwhile, just north of here is an indicator of where HKG may be heading.. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17195867/worlds-strictest-lockdown-china-starvation-punishment/

Arnie Madsen
2nd Jan 2022, 08:13

Where I live (Manitoba Canada) we had 1494 new cases December 31st

1223 of those were people fully vaccinated

262 were not vaccinated

AtoBsafely
2nd Jan 2022, 08:40
I’m not sure what your point is Arnie, but to give you some context:

In the last three weeks, I have been allowed to go outside on 1.5+0.5 days for fresh air and exercise. I have been subject to 8 PCR tests, and 18 RAT tests.

In Hong Kong there have been 2 cases of local infection total as the result of a cabin crew member not following the rules. Due to misleading information, the people of Hong Kong believe it is my fault.

In response, my company will require me to work three weeks and quarantine for a week, all confined to a hotel room. In return I get a week off, and a few extra dollars. If, during those three weeks I test positive in Hong Kong I will be hospitalized regardless of symptoms for 2 to 4+ weeks until I’m negative. If it’s overseas, I need to rely on my personal health insurance as the company denies responsibility. If someone I worked with during those three weeks tests positive, I will be incarcerated in a quarantine facility for 21 days. The company will offer vacation days or unpaid leave.

This is what Hong Kong has become.

cyrex
2nd Jan 2022, 08:58
It is now or never to make a stand. Everyone needs to stop volunteering for closed loop and stop showing up for any layover where you will end up with 7 days of quarantine after. We have already sacrificed so much for the past year after a significant COS reduction. Both the company and the hk government needs a wake up call to this ridiculous situation!

VforVENDETTA
2nd Jan 2022, 09:53

262 were not vaccinated

I see a strong indication of ignorance from this irrelevant statement.

Let's just assume those numbers are correct, which they probably are not.

A vaccinated person being positive means nothing. If you're vaccinated, testing is an absolute waste of time unless you have symptoms. And then it's only useful of you want to isolate from the unvaccinated to protect them. Which unless their lack of vaccination is due to some real medical reason, they're not entitled to any consideration or protection whatsoever. All the previous viruses human kind has had to deal with were no different than this one. Back then testing wasn't so easily available and unless you had symptoms you or others didn't know you even had the virus. So none of this testing hysteria was present back then.

The real number that means anything is the hospitalization numbers. Positive test numbers mean nothing. The entire number of people needing hospitalization right now due to covid complications are unvaccinated.

If you study how a vaccine works you'll see that it is not intended nor capable of preventing the virus from entering you body. It trains your immune system so when it encounters the virus, it is equipped to fight it effectively, minimizing the virus effectiveness and maximizing your body's chance of beating the vaccine quickly before it causes complications. So of course a vaccinated person can test Positive. The body can't fight the virus using the vaccine effect UNLESS the virus first enters the body.

The testing hysteria is the major problem causing disruption and gross waste of resources which should be used elsewhere. The US CDC is moving in this scientific direction finally eliminating the testing once you're not symptomatic.

In hk they've never had qualified and able scientific people in charge of anything and their response to this and previous similar situations of smaller scale has always been not based on science and logic. It's all based on ignorance and fear caused by their inability to think and act with reason and logic. The way they're acting is nothing new. Need I remind you all the toilet paper hoarding/shortage hysteria they started as a result of the initial outbreak of covid in hk? What toilet paper has to do with covid is something a person with a reasonable and logical thinking brain can't explain or understand. But somehow hk society linked the two together and went crazy hysterical over buying all the toilet paper they could for months, because... covid!

It's just that this time the consequences of their inability to reason and logic has been exponentially negative. And this time with availability of testing the hysteria has been grown to what it is today, In other parts of the world also but it's waning elsewhere gradually and in hk they're getting even more crazy about testing and still in outright denial of the knowledge and understanding developed by science and research since.2 years ago. They still think their ridiculous surgical masks are adequate to prevent infection. They go crazy enforcing mask wearing while outside but walk inside a bar or club, it's jam packed to capacity with people standing literally face to face talking without masks. And as soon as you walk outside... you must wear a mask! The giant loopholes in their system are really too many to list.

The silliness is beyond description, in hk and elsewhere where they still suffer from testing hysteria and denial of science, reason and logic.

ACMS
2nd Jan 2022, 10:25
I see a strong indication of ignorance from this irrelevant statement.

Let's just assume those numbers are correct, which they probably are not.

A vaccinated person being positive means nothing. If you're vaccinated, testing is an absolute waste of time unless you have symptoms. And then it's only useful of you want to isolate from the unvaccinated to protect them. Which unless their lack of vaccination is due to some real medical reason, they're not entitled to any consideration or protection whatsoever. All the previous viruses human kind has had to deal with were no different than this one. Back then testing wasn't so easily available and unless you had symptoms you or others didn't know you even had the virus. So none of this testing hysteria was present back then.

The real number that means anything is the hospitalization numbers. Positive test numbers mean nothing. The entire number of people needing hospitalization right now due to covid complications are unvaccinated.

If you study how a vaccine works you'll see that it is not intended nor capable of preventing the virus from entering you body. It trains your immune system so when it encounters the virus, it is equipped to fight it effectively, minimizing the virus effectiveness and maximizing your body's chance of beating the vaccine quickly before it causes complications. So of course a vaccinated person can test Positive. The body can't fight the virus using the vaccine effect UNLESS the virus first enters the body.

The testing hysteria is the major problem causing disruption and gross waste of resources which should be used elsewhere. The US CDC is moving in this scientific direction finally eliminating the testing once you're not symptomatic.

In hk they've never had qualified and able scientific people in charge of anything and their response to this and previous similar situations of smaller scale has always been not based on science and logic. It's all based on ignorance and fear caused by their inability to think and act with reason and logic. The way they're acting is nothing new. Need I remind you all the toilet paper hoarding/shortage hysteria they started as a result of the initial outbreak of covid in hk? What toilet paper has to do with covid is something a person with a reasonable and logical thinking brain can't explain or understand. But somehow hk society linked the two together and went crazy hysterical over buying all the toilet paper they could for months, because... covid!

It's just that this time the consequences of their inability to reason and logic has been exponentially negative. And this time with availability of testing the hysteria has been grown to what it is today, In other parts of the world also but it's waning elsewhere gradually and in hk they're getting even more crazy about testing and still in outright denial of the knowledge and understanding developed by science and research since.2 years ago. They still think their ridiculous surgical masks are adequate to prevent infection. They go crazy enforcing mask wearing while outside but walk inside a bar or club, it's jam packed to capacity with people standing literally face to face talking without masks. And as soon as you walk outside... you must wear a mask! The giant loopholes in their system are really too many to list.

The silliness is beyond description, in hk and elsewhere where they still suffer from testing hysteria and denial of science, reason and logic.

plus 1………….

Harbour Dweller
2nd Jan 2022, 10:32

In the last three weeks, I have been allowed to go outside on 1.5+0.5 days for fresh air and exercise. I have been subject to 8 PCR tests, and 18 RAT tests.

In Hong Kong there have been 2 cases of local infection total as the result of a cabin crew member not following the rules. Due to misleading information, the people of Hong Kong believe it is my fault.

In response, my company will require me to work three weeks and quarantine for a week, all confined to a hotel room. In return I get a week off, and a few extra dollars. If, during those three weeks I test positive in Hong Kong I will be hospitalized regardless of symptoms for 2 to 4+ weeks until I’m negative. If it’s overseas, I need to rely on my personal health insurance as the company denies responsibility. If someone I worked with during those three weeks tests positive, I will be incarcerated in a quarantine facility for 21 days. The company will offer vacation days or unpaid leave.

Excellent post.

For outsiders, think about this for a minute. CX has conformed to the HKG Government's restrictions. How do you think the above would be affecting the physical health, mental health, family health and cumulative fatigue of the pilots living and working this nightmare. They are the very same ones who are flying you from A to B.

Then question if the following is true... "At Cathay Pacific, your safety is our highest priority". What will Carrie be saying if safety margins are lost to the point of a hull loss.

VR-HFX
2nd Jan 2022, 11:04
Hong Kong has become a dystopian Potemkin Village. Freighter fleet grounded and pax fleet crippled. The fat lady is singing and all the little lady with the spectacles can do is front-run Beijng to garner favor.

Oasis
2nd Jan 2022, 11:15
RTHK
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1627009-20220102.htm?spTabChangeable=0

Another diner tests positive, and at the end:

‘Secretary for Food and Health Sophia Chan said on Sunday that some of the 200 or so diners at the Moon Palace restaurant on Monday afternoon have not been tracked down yet.’

Flex88
2nd Jan 2022, 14:17
Hong Kong has become a dystopian Potemkin Village. Freighter fleet grounded and pax fleet crippled. The fat lady is singing and all the little lady with the spectacles can do is front-run Beijng to garner favor.

If you think any of this is unplanned, you're in the wrong part of the world.. Uncle Xi is winning the chess game and the ONLY move CX has remaining on the board is the acceptance of their humiliating loss and the acceptance of a lowball offer..
Corporate takeover -with Asian values ( i.e. none) :8 Not just CX, all of Hong Kong now know without confusion EXACTLY who is in charge..

LapsedPPL
2nd Jan 2022, 19:29
And so it begins....and this is how it will end.

Now: passenger flights grounded, freighters grounded, CX crew demonised, a disgrace of an airline.

Next: shortages in the shops, supply chains disrupted, chaos, all because of CX.

Next the mainland comes to the rescue, providing an emergency airbridge with the mainland, bringing in essential supplies on their own aircraft, crewed by young virile "we'll do it" ex-air force heroes: they don't complain about long hours, closed loops, 5* hotel quarantine.

CX remains grounded, remains in disgrace, no amount of Cow Tow-ing can redeem the reputation, after all it has too many foreign devils bringing bad fung shui.

Next, "we'll do it" more Mandarin speaking, ex-air force heroes bought in to start flying all the 747s, 777s, 787s, etc, stuck on the ground. All heroes, every one of them, opening up HK again.

Next, a man with a pot of paint starts painting over all traces of the CX name on the hulls. That's it: mission accomplished! And there's nothing you can do about it.

Oasis
2nd Jan 2022, 20:01
You had me right up until the end; painting the aircraft with a pot of paint would destroy the laminair airflow.

ToCatLady
2nd Jan 2022, 20:08
Yes, all those 787’s currently grounded at HKIA. :confused:

Can’t wait for the NEXT guy to go on yammer and tell his keyboard “this is the final straw” or “not sure how much more I can take”

Every further restriction is the final straw. Just go and see your AME and take some well deserved time off instead of seeking likes on Yammer. Actions speak louder than words.

btw your AME such as ML or RF WILL sign you off and protect you.

Flex88
2nd Jan 2022, 20:14
You had me right up until the end; painting the aircraft with a pot of paint would destroy the laminair airflow.

No more laminar flow destruction than all the 3 layer thick bent airframe wrinkle patches ( reinforcements ) on the fuselages of the Chinese air carrier fleets :eek:

Oasis
2nd Jan 2022, 22:24
No more laminar flow destruction than all the 3 layer thick bent airframe wrinkle patches ( reinforcements ) on the fuselages of the Chinese air carrier fleets :eek:

In this case it may actually improve the airflow!

kenfoggo
3rd Jan 2022, 00:01
Are Cathay now contacting every B747 rated pilot they let go in the last 12 months with a short term ,very lucrative contract?

volare_737
3rd Jan 2022, 01:22

No offence , but its your choice to take those conditions !!!!

The FUB
3rd Jan 2022, 01:24
Really, offer anyone ex cx rated on 747,

Come to HKG 3 weeks Quarantine 6 weeks in simulator 4 weeks line training. Dude, really.

volare_737
3rd Jan 2022, 01:24
Excellent post.

For outsiders, think about this for a minute. CX has conformed to the HKG Government's restrictions. How do you think the above would be affecting the physical health, mental health, family health and cumulative fatigue of the pilots living and working this nightmare. They are the very same ones who are flying you from A to B.

Then question if the following is true... "At Cathay Pacific, your safety is our highest priority". What will Carrie be saying if safety margins are lost to the point of a hull loss.

As I replied to another post. Its your choice to take those conditions !!! Us Pilots got no backbone to stand up and rebel !!! Its only us to blame !!!

Bekol delay
3rd Jan 2022, 01:50
We're not rebelling, however, out of an abundance of caution, I feel that at the moment I cannot satisfy the conditions of MY license.
After discussing this with an AME, they agreed and I'm taking a few months to recover and recharge.

herewego75
3rd Jan 2022, 01:51
Still you see CAPTAINS being treated "so badly" asking all these questions on Yammer. Tagging the GMO and DFO. Asking about loops and COS18. Um I have an idea, why don't you grow a pair and either get booked off or resign! You are embarrassing yourselves!

Another question I have to ask is all the pilots "making noise" on these forums. Where are they from? Are they local or western pilots? There will never be unity in this airline because of the demographics and that is completely understandable.
Remember if you don't want to fly, need to go see family or need a mental health break - GET BOOKED OFF WORK! Or do us all a favour and resign.

A few captains are continually bashing on about COS18 and more money (ironically some are from the old guard at the AOA that wanted to push TA18 through with their housing intact), its NEVER going to be increased. RA55 is done! Move on or leave please.

At no point do I agree with the treatment of the pilots as a whole, but you have a choice in life. Stick it out, accept or you can leave (you are lucky you can leave this dump of a country)! the CHOICE is yours.

Keep safe everyone and safe landings.

​​​kenfoggo it would not surprise me at all. they will pay other pilots more than their own pilots.

Sqwak7700
3rd Jan 2022, 03:14

How quickly you through your fellow crew under the bus. They had the balls you lack to stand up to these ridiculous rules and live their life the way you clearly can’t.

“when injustice becomes the rule, disobedience becomes your duty”

Not enough people standing up has gotten us in this position. Stop acting like any of this is “mandatory”. Your election of closed loop flying was fully voluntary and now you are deluding yourself that you where “required by your company” to do them instead of facing the truth.

Look in the mirror and you will see who is to blame.

AtoBsafely
3rd Jan 2022, 03:32
Sqwak,

That was not closed loop flying.

Sqwak7700
3rd Jan 2022, 03:41
Sqwak,

That was not closed loop flying.

company will require you to work 3 weeks with 1 week of quarantine? Pretty sure you can’t work 4 weeks straight without your consent.

cxflog
3rd Jan 2022, 04:08
Looks like Danny Lee is no longer with SCMP, maybe too critical of HK gov? Interesting timing

Cury Lamb
3rd Jan 2022, 05:58
RTHK
(probably a matter of time before they’re also silenced)

John Lee slams 'baseless' WSJ editorial on HK
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1627093-20220103.htm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-communist-party-hong-kong-dissent-11640816951

“internationally preferred place for business” :ugh:

WTF is this clown smoking!

Rie
3rd Jan 2022, 06:37
Looks like Danny Lee is no longer with SCMP, maybe too critical of HK gov? Interesting timing
His CX bashing will continue elsewhere. His twitter was always full of proverbial anyway. Thank god they got rid of him.

His goodbye is just how anti CX he was. In some ways it would have been good if he passed his cadetship, someone would have kicked him into line.
- Filed 2,572 stories - 1,200 of them were on Cathay Pacific (or referenced CX) - 598 with a Cathay headline - 471 front page stories inc. my final story

Scoreboard
3rd Jan 2022, 06:49
How quickly you through your fellow crew under the bus. They had the balls you lack to stand up to these ridiculous rules and live their life the way you clearly can’t.

“when injustice becomes the rule, disobedience becomes your duty”

Not enough people standing up has gotten us in this position. Stop acting like any of this is “mandatory”. Your election of closed loop flying was fully voluntary and now you are deluding yourself that you where “required by your company” to do them instead of facing the truth.

Look in the mirror and you will see who is to blame.

and again as someone said its not closed loop…. When u came back from duty…you were 3 days in home quarantine…let out after u passed your 3rd day test….normally the result came in on the 4th day.

so if you were doing regional….you could potentially not even get to your 3rd day test, thus all you were doing was shuttling from work to home to work. 3 occasions for myself in dec….2 of which i was allowed out for about 20 hours and 3rd occasion ai got a bunch of G day and finally was out. Again it wasnt closed loop. Just ******* stupid ****….which is the reason why some dumb ****s didnt really get the implication that you werent meant to go out and we are currently in this **** fight….they just did there 3 rd day test and booked out for lunch without the result.

MENELAUS
3rd Jan 2022, 07:24
Still you see CAPTAINS being treated "so badly" asking all these questions on Yammer. Tagging the GMO and DFO. Asking about loops and COS18. Um I have an idea, why don't you grow a pair and either get booked off or resign! You are embarrassing yourselves!

Another question I have to ask is all the pilots "making noise" on these forums. Where are they from? Are they local or western pilots? There will never be unity in this airline because of the demographics and that is completely understandable.
Remember if you don't want to fly, need to go see family or need a mental health break - GET BOOKED OFF WORK! Or do us all a favour and resign.

A few captains are continually bashing on about COS18 and more money (ironically some are from the old guard at the AOA that wanted to push TA18 through with their housing intact), its NEVER going to be increased. RA55 is done! Move on or leave please.

At no point do I agree with the treatment of the pilots as a whole, but you have a choice in life. Stick it out, accept or you can leave (you are lucky you can leave this dump of a country)! the CHOICE is yours.

Keep safe everyone and safe landings.

​​​kenfoggo it would not surprise me at all. they will pay other pilots more than their own pilots.

Was it not that long ago that you were advocating that senior pilots leave to protect the careers of junior pilots ? So it seems that the just leave argument is something of a leitmotif in your posts. That and bang out to the freighter, the apparent panacea of opportunities, an opportunity that 18 months ago most CX pilots looked down upon and wouldn’t have touched with a barge pole.
Of course most of the posters on here are qweilohs.
I assume from the nature and style of your posts that
you’re relatively young ? Frankly CX is toast if this continues, HKGOV’s pseudo financial support or not. So maybe get out yourself whilst you can, start over, before this lifestyle causes irreparable, deleterious affects to your health. And before you ask, I have left. Long since. And whilst I miss the flying, I haven’t looked back.

kenfoggo
3rd Jan 2022, 20:27
One wonders if all this CoVid 19 press coverage is a simple smoke screen to cover the real developing economic crisis in China and Hong Kong with the problems at Evergrande being the catalyst. I hope that is just a nasty rumour but one which is gaining traction at world wide news stations like the BBC. Have Evergrande shares really been suspended from trading in Hong Kong?

LapsedPPL
3rd Jan 2022, 21:47
A developing economic crisis is not just in Red China and Hong Kong. Unprecedented money printing, developing inflation and reluctance to raise taxes to pay for everything will cause financial turmoil in lots of 'first world' countries. Third world ones, which are not able to print their own money, are already running out: today Sri Lanka reported that it had.

Financial Times headline:
Evergrande shares suspended after report it was told to destroy buildings. Chinese media outlet says authorities demanded indebted property company demolish residential complex.

Oasis
4th Jan 2022, 10:12
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) on Tuesday said it's investigating what appears to be a local Covid-19 infection which is not linked to any other recent cases.
Au said the man had not been in contact with any known Covid-19 patients, or visited any high-risk areas, and he hadn't been to the Moon Palace restaurant in Festival Walk which is at the centre of a recent outbreak.
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1627305-20220104.htm?spTabChangeable=0

Fogliner
5th Jan 2022, 16:40

262 were not vaccinated

262 were not vaccinated

Yes but how many vaxxers ended up in hospital thereby displacing patients who need surgery or other critical care?
It’s easy to cherry pick only the facts you want to hear, try reading the complete story.
And yes I’m Canadian too.

anxiao
6th Jan 2022, 19:08
The HK Quarantine support group do excellent work to help and guide people through the traumas of 21 day quarantine. They have several media outlets, FB being one of them. If you ever get sectioned into Pennys Bay or the Lantau Correctional Services Hospital, they can keep you sane. They can also dig up some amusing snippets such as this...

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/901x1600/photo_2022_01_06_18_54_05_27e65e4034da1652d2af6468e340c305b5 da4c39.jpg

Oasis
7th Jan 2022, 08:43
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/33-new-covid-19-cases-reported-today-incl-rthk-broadcaster-at-birthday-party-new-preliminary-case-with-unknown-sources-detected-in-wan-chai/

'7 preliminary cases have been confirmed as imported-related cases. One of them is a 37-year-old woman who lives in Causeway Bay and attended Witman Hung’s birthday party at Reserva Ibérica restaurant in Wan Chai. Around 170 people including top government officials attended the party. Around 70 of them stayed after 9.30pm. Another new preliminary case linked to the birthday cluster is Joyce Yeung, a RTHK broadcaster.'

Starting to kick off. Hopefully the older generation can get their shot in time.
Elderly flock to get their shot.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1627802-20220107.htm?spTabChangeable=0

They are not calling any infections as 'local', I wonder if there is a political aspect to this to cling on the the possibility of reopening to China.

Rie
7th Jan 2022, 12:22
The older generation still do not care about getting vaccinated. The 50-60 year olds are getting vaccinated so they can hot pot with friends. Whole thing is a time bomb that will be their own silly fault. At least they have waited until Omicron/Xi variant hit. At least its a less deadly variant...

anxiao
7th Jan 2022, 16:16
Some recent arrivals from A+ countries did not go to Penny's Bay, but were sent to a "Government Quarantine Hotel" the "silka/Cosmo" hotel. Staff from DOH said that they send the PAX from the first incoming flights to the hotel until it is full, then the rest to Penny's Bay.

An interesting development. Could it be that they want to show that it is not only VVIPs that get a quarantine hotel when a close contact? Hoi Polloi from DB get PB, without the option...

The wheels are not yet coming off but there is a loud noise from the bearings.

herewego75
8th Jan 2022, 05:17
The 5th wave begins :=
No Covid in HK.

Cury Lamb
8th Jan 2022, 05:26
On a lighter note:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x614/06b1b1d3_1528_4574_8a37_24e45266c932_f3321b5500cbe461640234c 96d66804faccc272c.jpeg

Jnr380
8th Jan 2022, 07:12
On a lighter note:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x614/06b1b1d3_1528_4574_8a37_24e45266c932_f3321b5500cbe461640234c 96d66804faccc272c.jpeg

that is fantastic!

controlledrest
9th Jan 2022, 01:29
No Covid in HK.

No covid in the motherland either:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgecalhoun/2022/01/02/beijing-is-intentionally-underreporting-chinas-covid-death-rate-part-1/?sh=1c1cf8a14352

Dragon Pacific
9th Jan 2022, 04:37
No Covid in HK.
Quietly building.

https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/resident-in-mei-sun-building-in-tai-po-with-3-variant-cases-tests-positive-for-covid-19-vertical-transmission-suspected/

anxiao
9th Jan 2022, 17:49
And the Tin Ear of the week award goes tooooooo....

Junius Ho, pro Beijing politician in Hong Kong. From NYT.

"One partygoer who did not apologize was Junius Ho, a firebrand pro-Beijing lawmaker who denounced the government’s handling of his brief quarantine. In a live video stream, he criticized Mrs. Lam and others, pounding his fist on a table until his phone went flying.

“The government is completely out of order, completely dysfunctional,” he wrote on Facebook. He said if he’d known that health workers were merely going to drop him off at a subway station after his release, not take him home, he would have called his own driver."

I wonder when he last had a good session of self criticism?

MENELAUS
10th Jan 2022, 10:52
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/920x2000/17ebc970_9cda_4977_b323_c137fce780cf_80d2fcbc35ba24073c802aa 27aba1983f8f32ee5.jpeg

Goldeye
11th Jan 2022, 03:32
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2482265120038/cathay-pacific-faces-legal-action-over-hong-kong-virus-outbreak-leader

kenfoggo
11th Jan 2022, 04:40
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2482265120038/cathay-pacific-faces-legal-action-over-hong-kong-virus-outbreak-leader
Naïve if you think that this is anything other than a politically motivated campaign to get rid of colonial era airline from a Chinese city. Perhaps if they try hard they can get Cathay to be responsible for the Kennedy assassination.

controlledrest
11th Jan 2022, 05:34
Now with the potential of legal action against CX, Hughes and Kempis should resign, make it clear as managers they take responsibility for their employees. This would really highlight the hypocrisy of the HKG Government.

Swire would look after their own and is probably time for a reshuffle anyway.

Sqwak7700
11th Jan 2022, 06:01
Now with the potential of legal action against CX, Hughes and Kempis should resign, make it clear as managers they take responsibility for their employees. This would really highlight the hypocrisy of the HKG Government.

Swire would look after their own and is probably time for a reshuffle anyway.

Swire has already boarded the lifeboats, those left behind now are merely the band; and they’ve been ordered to just keep on playing the music. Ain’t no first class passengers left worth saving.

I would worry more about the masses, wondering around the decks without a life jacket telling themselves “she’s unsinkable, we’ll be fine”.

Cury Lamb
11th Jan 2022, 08:05
The smart ones never boarded;

the rats all jumped overboard last year;

the quick thinkers are in the life boats;

the naive ones are hoping for a miracle….

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2022/01/11/hong-kong039s-brain-drain-worsens-as-expats-locals-leave

KABOY
11th Jan 2022, 08:30
Naïve if you think that this is anything other than a politically motivated campaign to get rid of colonial era airline from a Chinese city. Perhaps if they try hard they can get Cathay to be responsible for the Kennedy assassination.

This is about a socialist policy, not political in the CCP eyes.

The Colonials, like the Mainland tycoons have felt the wrath. HK law protects the Swire’s, but the CHP mandate and strict border closure works around that.

This is no different to when Hogg and Slosar fell on their swords, the airline back then was crippled with airspace restrictions.

The CCP is protecting their citizens and the reality is that Includes HK

Oasis
11th Jan 2022, 09:02
Today 8 import-related cases, the highest number yet.
So far, they are losing the battle of whack-a-mole with omicron.
The numbers by date in January are:
Jan/cases;
2/1
3/1
4/3
5/3
6/4
7/7
8/6
9/6
10/5
11/8

Cases should double in 1.5 to 3 days, according to previous experiences in other countries.

Cury Lamb
11th Jan 2022, 09:44
She’s out there, with a six shooter in each hand :eek:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1552/610cc30c_ada4_408d_8d74_31eec7263b7b_7622c6372ff487178a4f97f 2e487f0fc12f82a86.jpeg

“A veteran pro-establishment politician, who declined to be named, said Cathay, whose majority shareholder is London-based conglomerate John Swire & Sons, was an easy scapegoat for pro-establishment politicians and pro-Beijing media to deflect blame arising from the birthday party scandal.
“For the pro-establishment camp, Cathay Pacific is not ‘their own people’. Pointing the finger at the carrier can ease the political pressure facing them,” the politician said.”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I’m very worried that CXi may not be around for much longer.

They look after their own, and that’s where Greater Bay Airlines comes into the grand scheme of things.
Well connected to the CCP, and ready to fill the gap left by CXi after the last flight has gone.

Ecam321
11th Jan 2022, 11:27
https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2245683/hong-kong-to-ban-transit-travellers-from-thailand?fbclid=IwAR0TfjWT5-KNXz0_Xj02QrMqTp-UYSOUGNZAaBA3AGwmjST_BjpbbWVh4u4

Further strangling Of CX in the footing.

Rie
11th Jan 2022, 14:29
It's going to be weird not seeing Danny on a CX bashing piece. Always remember that you can email him your tips [email protected]

So far it's just words with no real action. Who is left to resign anyway? The big ones took a fall after 2019's debacle. Cannot really see Tang and Lam leaving. They will always require the face of the company to be ethnically Chinese especially now it's backed by the North much more than it was.

Edit: I got called Danny once or twice. Clearly I am not. To be fair his twitter and the twitter of tripperhead have somewhat decent info on the happenings of HK without the BS of WhatsApp groups.

mngmt mole
11th Jan 2022, 15:38
I spent most of the 2000's going after Nick Rhodes and the assorted cabal of misguided individuals we were then being attacked by (you may remember Trafalgar and Old China Driver :-) Compared to the situation now, they were choir boys. It was bad enough the pilots being attacked by management. Now, it seems the entire Govt is turning not only against the airline, but specifically against the pilots themselves. That will lead to a dangerous situation, where public anger will be manifesting itself directly against aircrew. It may be prudent to not travel in uniform anymore as someone may be so enraged to physically take action. I do feel that something terminal has taken place regarding the long term viability of CX, and now believe it may not survive in its present form. A very sad end to what was once the worlds greatest airline. Going back to Nick Rhodes (Ken Barley, Eddington etc...), they and their policies began the rot. We are now in the end game. Nick, you've got your wish. I did enjoy our jousting though. It was amusing knowing the groups you put together to figure out who OCD and Trafalgar were.

Cury Lamb
11th Jan 2022, 17:36
“There’s no money in freight” :rolleyes:

Turns out old Nick wasn’t too far off the mark, now that most of the freighters are grounded.
Well, for CXi anyway.

Will IB Fayed
12th Jan 2022, 02:30
I think Swire closed the wrong airline down.....
https://onemileatatime.com/news/hong-kong-ban-transit-passengers/

SOPS
12th Jan 2022, 05:33
How much worse can it possibly get?

Grateful..
12th Jan 2022, 08:41
How much worse can it possibly get?

Cathay will fold soon.

Ecam321
12th Jan 2022, 12:35
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0-xoBCZNqlOHl_Cv6p4iqWDg2bPA8hhZ5F6_Uv-JPUEWZ9wtrcER6Nd2Y&v=UaZ9uZvhNno&feature=youtu.be

your man is standing up for you guys.

QNH set
12th Jan 2022, 13:30
Healy has restored some of my faith in the cx management. However, I feel, like past senior management his time is now numbered for standing up for his people. It won’t be long before the gov will ask for his resignation and put in place someone more willing to tow the line.

SloppyJoe
12th Jan 2022, 13:38
Are you fing kidding. That was nothing more than pandering to the government. Yeah he is really proud of everyone, the sacrifice that crew are making. He slashed contracts, that is how much he appreciates the sacrifice. Hong Kong and CX have totally lost the plot. Rather than sending a huge number onto bases so that everything possible could be crewed with minimal time in HKG, they decide to use the situation for control, getting everyone onto the new contract. Well done, you have taken Cathay to it's grave. Astounding mismanagement.

main_dog
12th Jan 2022, 13:41
Yep, agreed. They’re so “grateful” they slashed our contracts in HK permanently. They also closed most bases, causing scores of our most experienced crew to lose their jobs.

buster57
12th Jan 2022, 13:50
A few to the top managers need to take one for the team and resign now! Making a CYA video wont help on the PR front. I can see CL coming out with a recommendation to suspend CX's AOC for a few months as punishment.

Bangaluru
12th Jan 2022, 18:20
QNH! Boy, do you need to have another look at things. He’s not on our side! I couldn’t even understand why he put the video out. The only thing that makes sense is he was speaking to the government. While you’re reorienting your point of view, maybe check your idioms, it’s toe the line.

smogluver
12th Jan 2022, 20:13
FFS that just says it all. Please don’t anyone else resign, we salute you. Bit of a different line to “Sign or be fired”. Enjoy your throne on an ever growing empire of self made dirt. Maybe they can get McKinsey ‘s to give them some sound advice how to get out of this bind.
Will you be saluting your crew this Oct as they move their families into shoe boxes and local schools. What’s with a salute anyway? Cathay pilots are not gladiators!!!!. They were paid professional s, well paid, to avoid unnecessary risk, which I suspect your corporate safety department s about to become very well versed. Good luck with the resignation rate and your world class CF.

Starbear
12th Jan 2022, 20:46
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0-xoBCZNqlOHl_Cv6p4iqWDg2bPA8hhZ5F6_Uv-JPUEWZ9wtrcER6Nd2Y&v=UaZ9uZvhNno&feature=youtu.be

your man is standing up for you guys.
Ecam you called this one wrong. All subsequent comments have nailed it. Who was it who said once you can fake sincerity you’ve got it made. Step forward Patrick; Jellyfish; Hughes (naw cancel that last one, he doesn’t even pretend)

Asianexpress
12th Jan 2022, 21:40
Better than being "terminated by email" permanently.

LongTimeInCX
13th Jan 2022, 01:33
So when Mr Healy said a small number of “crew” had broken the quarantine requirements, were these crew, the Flight Attendents or Pilots?
Were they local or expats?

Having left CX quite some time ago when the writing was on the wall, it’s easy to be happily out of touch. From the vilification we read in overseas news, it’s is as if the expats and the vestiges of the old colonial airline are equally at fault.

The airline I was lucky enough to join in the 80’s seems sadly to be very different from the one demonised by the HK government today.

QNH set
13th Jan 2022, 04:03
Not sure I mentioned anything about agreeing with what they have done with bases, salary, conditions, medical, lifestyle, rosters. I only insinuated that at least someone is addressing the huge elephant in the room, maybe it’s just a PR stunt or maybe it helps with the insurance when there is an incident. CX is a business operating in China, it needs to pander to the government. It is a business that requires revenue to survive, and for anyone that works for them to survive. I also mentioned he will eventually fall on his sword, he will definitely take his bonus and walk away. At least he has made the general public aware of the crazy restrictions all the crews have been abiding by for nearly 2 years - all to allow the old folks their daily dose of abalone and lobster. Do I think he or any other manager cares much for the welfare? No. Read the yammer posts, people want some sort of support from the top for the constant abuse they are receiving from the media and general public.

x1alpha66
15th Jan 2022, 22:51
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/627x478/img_aa3640243149_1_c05e61d6e7110945ebe92771955352004811fc2c. jpeg

Freehills
16th Jan 2022, 03:08
FWIW, a fair number of princes are leaving the sinking ship.

Diogenes.
16th Jan 2022, 06:37
FWIW, a fair number of princes are leaving the sinking ship.

And they're irreplaceable! Do you know how hard it is to find managers with cola bottling experience nowadays?

AQIS Boigu
16th Jan 2022, 09:00
And they're irreplaceable! Do you know how hard it is to find managers with cola bottling experience nowadays?

I prefer the zoologist type 🙄

Freehills
16th Jan 2022, 12:38
True. But the bonuses and housing allowances aren’t enough to make them stay in HK, and they aren’t even having to do the closed loop ****. Food for thought

Oasis
16th Jan 2022, 14:26
'Delta variant may be spreading in Hong Kong'
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1629107-20220116.htm?spTabChangeable=0

Cury Lamb
17th Jan 2022, 04:18
New Omicron flow chart - to be inserted at the next Ops Manual A update:

(Doesn’t matter if you don’t read barb-wire, it’s self explanatory)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1088/358a1aba_83a8_4991_9fe2_d8a71b30171d_fef89a50a64e39ff87b30cb 1ec7aef8ab4612b44.jpeg

And in some other news:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/17/deep-trouble-cathay-pacific-descends-further-as-punitive-pandemic-worsens

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1414/a39339af_68f3_47f0_9933_46bf9e3ca6c8_5ad1076a33fb55db72aec02 5e31e48a97163d2b1.jpeg
From the horses mouth:

“What you have been through during the past two years is quite simply unparalleled.”

(and cheers to MY big fat bonus) :ok:

Sea Eggs
17th Jan 2022, 04:45
New Omicron flow chart - to be inserted at the next Ops Manual A update:

(Doesn’t matter if you don’t read barb-wire, it’s self explanatory)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1088/358a1aba_83a8_4991_9fe2_d8a71b30171d_fef89a50a64e39ff87b30cb 1ec7aef8ab4612b44.jpeg

can’t read it lah. Is there an English version?

Cury Lamb
17th Jan 2022, 05:08
Yes:

Cafay Specific - the mother of all evil.
(in the eyes of the govt, public etc.)

Any other questions?

herewego75
17th Jan 2022, 09:10
CX gets what it deserves.
The FUNNY thing is all the pilots that are moaning 24/7 are still putting their names down for CL/EDTF/TERPS! That's beyond a joke. You are causing your own pain.

Time away from family...
Mental health...
Getting locked up in PB...
Have not seen family in 2 years...
and the list goes on but, pay us more for loops, give me more credit! :ugh:

How about considering your family or mental health and take some time off! At the end of this year COS18 is in full force, schooling is reduced to nothing, housing is finished, medical is already absolutely useless and then we will be all on minimum pay. But most people are asking for more money LOL.

I guess the company can buy your mental health! :D

MENELAUS
17th Jan 2022, 09:46
The FUNNY thing is all the pilots that are moaning 24/7 are still putting their names down for CL/EDTF/TERPS! That's beyond a joke. You are causing your own pain.

Time away from family...
Mental health...

How about considering your family or mental health and take some time off! At the end of this year COS18 is in full force, schooling is reduced to nothing, housing is finished, medical is already absolutely useless and then we will be all on minimum pay. But most people are asking for more money LOL.

The company won’t be around to pay for your health. Mental or otherwise.

KABOY
17th Jan 2022, 10:18

Time away from family...
Mental health...

The reality is that pilots are becoming a low paid skill set.

Inflicting oneself to this mental anguish for financial compensation says a lot about the profession. In other countries their self worth is slightly higher, but CX has found a new bottom.

This truly is the ‘boiler room’ on a 1800’s Swire steam ship.

Cury Lamb
17th Jan 2022, 12:20
GBA will make its grand entrance later this year, magically at the same time the border with the motherland opens up.

The whole POS 18, ‘blame the virus spread on CX’ etc. has been in the making for the last few years. It’s all in the grand scheme to get rid of the Swires and their british legacy airline, once and for all.

Hong Kong's Greater Bay Airlines Mulling $1.8 Billion Aircraft Order
https://simpleflying.com/greater-bay-airlines-1-8-billion/
https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/1/17/bb-beijing-linked-cathay-pacific-rival-eyes-1-8b-plane-order

Oasis
17th Jan 2022, 14:47
If there was a grand sceme to get rid of CX, why bail them out in the first place?

I don't think so.

Dingleberry Handpump
17th Jan 2022, 15:46
If there was a grand sceme to get rid of CX, why bail them out in the first place?

I don't think so.
Time were very different when the bailout happened, Oasis.

Oasis
17th Jan 2022, 16:10
I'm sure there are easier ways to get rid of CX, if they wanted to. We'll see.

mngmt mole
17th Jan 2022, 18:02
The reality is that pilots are becoming a low paid skill set.

Inflicting oneself to this mental anguish for financial compensation says a lot about the profession. In other countries their self worth is slightly higher, but CX has found a new bottom.

This truly is the ‘boiler room’ on a 1800’s Swire steam ship.

In the US you have Captains at the major airlines making over $500K (some Fedex captains have made a $m + with overtime). A two year FO makes almost $200K at most majors. So no, not all pilots are considered a low paid skill set. Only in places where people are willing to work for low wages will that model survive. The lesson of that need not be emphasized...

CCA
17th Jan 2022, 23:07

I don't think so.

Likely use of “debt trap diplomacy” which is also why cx hasn’t drawn down on the loan.

BubbaJ
18th Jan 2022, 00:41
If these clowns want to keep paying me for doing absolutely nothing, I'll let em

I bet they wished they laid off non PR cx pilots from the bottom of the list, now forced to re hire ex KA guys while hundreds of FO's and SO's sit idle.
How insanely stupid but then again nothing makes sense around here anymore.

mngmt mole
18th Jan 2022, 03:30
"Insanely stupid" is what the Swire's do best.

propje
18th Jan 2022, 08:17
Wait until those SO’s and FO’s sitting at home doing nothing go for there visa renewal…

hyg
18th Jan 2022, 08:45

I don't think so.
getting rid of cx doesn't mean wiping it out of existence.... the Gov has 2 Party-nominated secretaries on the board, Air China has ppl on the board, who knows what will happen next... maybe they'll arrest a few non-Chinese directors and force Swire to handover the rest of it.... wouldn't put it past the dictatorship these days, I have a feeling the arrest of the 2 ex-cabin crew are just the beginning

CodyBlade
18th Jan 2022, 09:51
british legacy airline in HK

A huge pimple on the nose.

Imagine a Chinese legacy airline operating out of Birmingham.

MENELAUS
18th Jan 2022, 10:10
A huge pimple on the nose.

Imagine a Chinese legacy airline operating out of Birmingham.

Imagine the Chinese government owning the port of Felixstowe ? Or Piraeus ? Imagine the HNA group owning an European bank. ? Oh hang on. They do.

SOPS
18th Jan 2022, 10:34
Imagine the Chinese government owning the port of Felixstowe ? Or Piraeus ? Imagine the HNA group owning an European bank. ? Oh hang on. They do.

Imagine the Australian Government being stupid enough to lease out the Darwin Harbour which is also a joint USA/ Australian naval base for 99 years… oh wait…. I think they have!

KABOY
18th Jan 2022, 11:43

There are two models under the CCP model, internal and external.
Internally, no non Chinese entity shall control business in China.

Externally, that is the fault of the gweilos for allowing a Chinese business to have control under their corporate laws.

Want to invest in China, then play by their rules, this hasn’t changed in decades..

Don't confuse jurisdictions.

Oli777
18th Jan 2022, 15:51
They're going after the Hamsters now! Better hide your pets, cats & dogs are next!

Jn14:6
18th Jan 2022, 16:26
For a moment there I thought you meant graduates of a certain British flying training establishment! Can't be too many of those left there though.

MENELAUS
18th Jan 2022, 16:41
For a moment there I thought you meant graduates of a certain British flying training establishment! Can't be too many of those left there though.

I think our Zimbabwean Instagram 1 is about it. !!

Oasis
18th Jan 2022, 17:56
Better kill all the animals, you can never be too sure...

kenfoggo
18th Jan 2022, 20:35
Jn14:6= showing your age there! Hamble closed an age ago. All the graduates I know of are long since retired. Happy days! Go well, stay well!

Oli777
19th Jan 2022, 02:48
Here comes the big disgusting shock, animals are now contracting covid-19, multiple animals at a zoo's around the world have got it, all the cats! If they just killed 20,000 hamsters what do you think they'll do to all the domestic cats & dogs?
On a lighter note, Omicron isn't all that bad and the next variant will probably be called Pi. It will be ironic if fat people started getting Pi.

The world really has gone to the dogs.

lucille
19th Jan 2022, 02:56
If true, then may be wise to avoid hotpot restaurants until this new source of protein drys up.

Max Reheat
19th Jan 2022, 03:05
I sincerely hope the dog that resides downstairs from me, and seems to wake up hungry at 3am every morning, is diagnosed with covid! I'll gladly do a week at PB just to shut that mutt up forever!

Diogenes.
19th Jan 2022, 06:30
Why not just send the hamsters to Penny's Bay? :confused:

tanchekming
19th Jan 2022, 07:54
despite all being said, i think u aussies in CX deserved what happened today

kenfoggo
19th Jan 2022, 08:23
”Kill the Hamsters!” If the Chief Executive of Hong Kong accidentally stumbles into the real world she will have to acknowledge that there citizens with enough intelligence to realise the true farce her administration has become. Are her actions for the health of the population? No! If it were then vaccination would have been a priority ,or even compulsory. Are her actions for the benefit of the population? No! Her actions are destroying the economy of Hong Kong and people are losing their jobs. It seems to be much more about control. It has even become accepted that her administration can take you and your family from the safety of your own home and incarcerate you all in a state run concentration camp at Penny’s Bay for any incursion , such as shopping at a pet shop for instance. Madness.

Cury Lamb
19th Jan 2022, 09:40
This just confirms that Curry Lamb is the devil in disguise.

MENELAUS
19th Jan 2022, 10:53
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/603x1024/8244d7e4_aa5f_4df0_ae33_a82ab7d1a2fb_2376e0dea6172359d9adb4f 4ff4653b0d15e9397.jpeg

jetjockey696
19th Jan 2022, 11:04
I guess the government has been listening and watching The Simpsons.

"Lisa, if you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day and do it really half-assed."

AND for the patriots of the city...in central. Three little sentences will get you through LEGCO term.

"Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here." Homer Simpson ----well these three points will get you through life..anyway..

No longer ATC
19th Jan 2022, 13:03
Jn14:6= showing your age there! Hamble closed an age ago. All the graduates I know of are long since retired. Happy days! Go well, stay well!
Still a handful at Big Airways :) :)

mngmt mole
19th Jan 2022, 14:51
The Hamble Hampsters were always great to fly with...it was a good era at CX.

MENELAUS
19th Jan 2022, 15:02
What. ? Even Jonny 5 knots. ???

mngmt mole
19th Jan 2022, 15:35
Well...there was the odd exception...!! :-)

Diogenes.
19th Jan 2022, 22:19
The Hamble Hampsters were always great to fly with...it was a good era at CX.

OMG! Can somebody please had me a sick bag?!!

Diogenes.
19th Jan 2022, 22:23
please hand...

mngmt mole
19th Jan 2022, 23:25
It's ok...every generation has it's own outlook. Back to TikTok...

Cury Lamb
20th Jan 2022, 04:40
Perhaps a bit dramatic, but nonetheless some interesting facts about the debt repayment.

Like we say in chinese: 世界上冇免費既午餐
(there’s no such thing as a free lunch)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1340/284e6863_4be7_4ba8_830a_0a270c1e9d78_b29f0509c986a8454bab2ee 803932f2b609b5711.jpeg

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/cathay-pacific-is-on-life-support-and-hope-is-running-out

JMock
20th Jan 2022, 06:54
Perhaps a bit dramatic, but nonetheless some interesting facts about the debt repayment.

Like we say in chinese: 世界上冇免費既午餐
(there’s no such thing as a free lunch)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1340/284e6863_4be7_4ba8_830a_0a270c1e9d78_b29f0509c986a8454bab2ee 803932f2b609b5711.jpeg

[url]https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/cathay-pacific-is-on-life-support-and-hope-is-running-out (tel:11172435)

cury lamb

Classic
respect 😂

what are your views on the female freighter star?
are you just as obsessed?

Diogenes.
20th Jan 2022, 08:29
It's ok...every generation has it's own outlook. Back to TikTok...

'Back to TikTok'?! How dare you, you arrogant old fool?! Come on then! Tell the World why it was so wonderful, flying with the ‘Hamsters’, and not so wonderful flying with Cathay’s own cadets.

For those who don’t read ancient history, the ‘Hamsters’ were British Airways ab initio cadets who got their CPL at a flying school called Hamble. They had no war stories to tell because they were civilians and they weren’t ex-Annset either. Indeed, they weren’t even Austranauts and hadn’t droned around the outback like Sky Gods of the Dreamtime! A direct background comparison of the so-called ‘Hamsters’ would be Cathay cadets, except the Hamsters were exclusively white, male, A-Scalers. And its the word ‘exclusively’ that you should take note of.

I flew with a couple of Hamsters myself, and as I recall, they were indeed gentleman of the highest calibre. It’s a shame the same couldn’t be said of the A-Scalers in general. I put it to you Mole that you look upon those halcyon days because you fantasise that the Hamsters were somehow a reflection of yourself, but the sad fact is, pilots of 'my generation' won’t need to be reminded of the story of Narcissus gazing lustfully into his pool. At least Uncle Rod got one thing right, the A-scalers were just a bunch of ‘millionaire morons’. His words not mine, but then again he never flew with the A-scalers. I would have said the A-scalers were just a bunch of 'sad, spiteful, multi-millionaire, misogynistic, masonic malcontents', who were only ever interested in feathering their own nests. Nests, which by the way, were already the most highly feathered nests since archaeopteryx. They took, took, took and gave nothing back to their junior colleagues but contempt. And the archive of this very forum is a comprehensive testament to that fact.

There is now a very real prospect of Cathay failing. Literally thousands of good men and women out of a job through no fault of their own. Young professionals who put an application in to Cathay in good faith, and who had every right to expect to treated as fellow professionals. But, irrespective of whether Cathay fails or not, it’s already over. Cos18 is already a reality, and the blame for that abomination can be laid firmly and squarely at the feet of the A-scale leadership, or lack there of. Don’t blame the Swires, they’re just a bunch of dopes who couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery. All the Swires ever did was take advantage of A-scale greed and cowardice. The only strategy that the A-scalers ever employed to defend their COS was to be nasty to their junior colleagues in the beleaguered hope that enough would resign to bother the Swires. Well, how did that work out Mole? Proud of yourself? Were you one of the more than 50% of the A-scalers who deserted the AOA when you had to put your hand in your pocket? The A-scalers broke the Union, not the Swires. The rest is now history.

Cathay Pacific, founded in 1946 didn’t employ Hong Kong pilots until 1989, and only then because it was becoming politically untenable. Women weren’t employed until some time in the mid to late nineties, and most of the trailblazers subsequently resigned because of the treatment they received, FROM THE A-SCALERS. To this day, Cathay doesn’t employ a single pilot from North of the border, and I only use the word ‘border’ because it happens to be closed at the moment. 'One country, two systems’ is now dead! Hong Kong is now China and, as always, Cathay is wayyyy behind the times, not in small part because the A-scalers tried so desperately to maintain Flt-ops as a closed shop. Cathay was never a professional outfit; it was nothing more than an old boys flying club. And, it hasn’t maintained the highest failure rate this industry has ever seen because it has high standards. Cathay has the highest failure rate because it has NO standards! The trouble with ’standards’, (look it up in the dictionary), is that if applied consistently and fairly, ’standards’ can always be met through hard work, dedication, and professionalism, at which point the gatekeepers lose control. In Cathay ’the cream doesn’t rise, sh!t floats’.

The Titanic has already sunk and it had an A-scaler at the wheel when it went down, supported by his minions in C&T. If it ever reemerges it will only be because the Chinese see fit to dredge the carcass up from the deep, melt it down, and transform it in to something totally unrecognisable. But why bother?

My heart truly goes out to all those dedicated professionals who now find themselves caught between a rock and a hard place. Hang in there. There’s life after Cathay.

What a tragic story?!

ToCatLady
20th Jan 2022, 09:01
Well...... That escalated a little.

MENELAUS
20th Jan 2022, 09:12
Well he is a Greek cynic who eschewed manners and preferred telling it like it is. Or was.
Although having known plenty, and been an A scaler at one time, I think his comments are well wide of the mark.

GreenPill
20th Jan 2022, 10:27
That was a really large soapbox. Hopefully nothing was pulled or sprained whilst climbing down.

QNH set
20th Jan 2022, 11:26
'Back to TikTok'?! How dare you, you arrogant old fool?! Come on then! Tell the World why it was so wonderful, flying with the ‘Hamsters’, and not so wonderful flying with Cathay’s own cadets.

For those who don’t read ancient history, the ‘Hamsters’ were British Airways ab initio cadets who got their CPL at a flying school called Hamble. They had no war stories to tell because they were civilians and they weren’t ex-Annset either. Indeed, they weren’t even Austranauts and hadn’t droned around the outback like Sky Gods of the Dreamtime! A direct background comparison of the so-called ‘Hamsters’ would be Cathay cadets, except the Hamsters were exclusively white, male, A-Scalers. And its the word ‘exclusively’ that you should take note of.

I flew with a couple of Hamsters myself, and as I recall, they were indeed gentleman of the highest calibre. It’s a shame the same couldn’t be said of the A-Scalers in general. I put it to you Mole that you look upon those halcyon days because you fantasise that the Hamsters were somehow a reflection of yourself, but the sad fact is, pilots of 'my generation' won’t need to be reminded of the story of Narcissus gazing lustfully into his pool. At least Uncle Rod got one thing right, the A-scalers were just a bunch of ‘millionaire morons’. His words not mine, but then again he never flew with the A-scalers. I would have said the A-scalers were just a bunch of 'sad, spiteful, multi-millionaire, misogynistic, masonic malcontents', who were only ever interested in feathering their own nests. Nests, which by the way, were already the most highly feathered nests since archaeopteryx. They took, took, took and gave nothing back to their junior colleagues but contempt. And the archive of this very forum is a comprehensive testament to that fact.

There is now a very real prospect of Cathay failing. Literally thousands of good men and women out of a job through no fault of their own. Young professionals who put an application in to Cathay in good faith, and who had every right to expect to treated as fellow professionals. But, irrespective of whether Cathay fails or not, it’s already over. Cos18 is already a reality, and the blame for that abomination can be laid firmly and squarely at the feet of the A-scale leadership, or lack there of. Don’t blame the Swires, they’re just a bunch of dopes who couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery. All the Swires ever did was take advantage of A-scale greed and cowardice. The only strategy that the A-scalers ever employed to defend their COS was to be nasty to their junior colleagues in the beleaguered hope that enough would resign to bother the Swires. Well, how did that work out Mole? Proud of yourself? Were you one of the more than 50% of the A-scalers who deserted the AOA when you had to put your hand in your pocket? The A-scalers broke the Union, not the Swires. The rest is now history.

Cathay Pacific, founded in 1946 didn’t employ Hong Kong pilots until 1989, and only then because it was becoming politically untenable. Women weren’t employed until some time in the mid to late nineties, and most of the trailblazers subsequently resigned because of the treatment they received, FROM THE A-SCALERS. To this day, Cathay doesn’t employ a single pilot from North of the border, and I only use the word ‘border’ because it happens to be closed at the moment. 'One country, two systems’ is now dead! Hong Kong is now China and, as always, Cathay is wayyyy behind the times, not in small part because the A-scalers tried so desperately to maintain Flt-ops as a closed shop. Cathay was never a professional outfit; it was nothing more than an old boys flying club. And, it hasn’t maintained the highest failure rate this industry has ever seen because it has high standards. Cathay has the highest failure rate because it has NO standards! The trouble with ’standards’, (look it up in the dictionary), is that if applied consistently and fairly, ’standards’ can always be met through hard work, dedication, and professionalism, at which point the gatekeepers lose control. In Cathay ’the cream doesn’t rise, sh!t floats’.

The Titanic has already sunk and it had an A-scaler at the wheel when it went down, supported by his minions in C&T. If it ever reemerges it will only be because the Chinese see fit to dredge the carcass up from the deep, melt it down, and transform it in to something totally unrecognisable. But why bother?

My heart truly goes out to all those dedicated professionals who now find themselves caught between a rock and a hard place. Hang in there. There’s life after Cathay.

What a tragic story?!

Just a small chip on that shoulder

KABOY
20th Jan 2022, 11:46
”Kill the Hamsters!” If the Chief Executive of Hong Kong accidentally stumbles into the real world she will have to acknowledge that there citizens with enough intelligence to realise the true farce her administration has become. Are her actions for the health of the population? No! If it were then vaccination would have been a priority ,or even compulsory. Are her actions for the benefit of the population? No! Her actions are destroying the economy of Hong Kong and people are losing their jobs. It seems to be much more about control. It has even become accepted that her administration can take you and your family from the safety of your own home and incarcerate you all in a state run concentration camp at Penny’s Bay for any incursion , such as shopping at a pet shop for instance. Madness.

She is just obeying her communist masters.

People seem to hold onto this false reality that HK will remain a separate system…

This is now a communist province that is trying to imitate capitalism for the sake of western investors.

Im sure ICAC still holds an important part of the corporate landscape in HK. The problem now for ICAC is the definition of corruption in a communist system..

kenfoggo
20th Jan 2022, 12:02
She is just obeying her communist masters.

People seem to hold onto this false reality that HK will remain a separate system…

This is now a communist province that is trying to imitate capitalism for the sake of western investors.

Im sure ICAC still holds an important part of the corporate landscape in HK. The problem now for ICAC is the definition of corruption in a communist system..

“Only following orders” was no defence for the Nazis at Nuremberg nor for William Calley for the My Lai massacre. She has authority and responsibility and she is overseeing the destruction of Hong Kong. And with no exit strategy. Madness.

KABOY
20th Jan 2022, 12:29
“Only following orders” was no defence for the Nazis at Nuremberg nor for William Calley for the My Lai massacre. She has authority and responsibility and she is overseeing the destruction of Hong Kong. And with no exit strategy. Madness.
This was only after the fall of their government.

So you believe there is a system? You think HK is still one country, two systems?

Oasis
20th Jan 2022, 19:26
The focus has shifted somewhat to the #hamstergate Little boss pet shop cluster and away from the cabin crew debacle.
If successful, Cathay should consider changing the teddy-bear in pilot uniform you can buy in the inflight magazine to a hamster in a pilots uniform, with a teeny tiny facemask.

The hamster should be the new CX mascot.
Fitting as a hamster is always spinning in its hamster-wheel, not going anywhere, kinda like the airline at the moment.

mngmt mole
20th Jan 2022, 22:14
Doesn't take much to trigger people these days.... :rolleyes:

Stephen.F
21st Jan 2022, 07:08
The focus has shifted somewhat to the #hamstergate Little boss pet shop cluster and away from the cabin crew debacle.
If successful, Cathay should consider changing the teddy-bear in pilot uniform you can buy in the inflight magazine to a hamster in a pilots uniform, with a teeny tiny facemask.

The hamster should be the new CX mascot.
Fitting as a hamster is always spinning in its hamster-wheel, not going anywhere, kinda like the airline at the moment.

Rate it 1-10
imgur.com/a/KdNcaFk

Oasis
21st Jan 2022, 18:01
10. good effort!

in other news..
-Hong Kongers are letting their hamsters go free! Can you imagine the covid positive hamster plague over the next few months?
...added bonus, they will eat all the cockroaches.
Law of unintended consequences.
- Cases are on the rise again.. 18 yesterday (non-imported). In Europe it doubled every 3 days approximately. At what point will they give up on contact tracing?

LapsedPPL
21st Jan 2022, 18:16
I see CX270/271 Hong Kong to Hamsterdam has been cancelled until further notice.

Are jellyfish being culled too?

It was reported, yes really, that the infected pet shop rodents had been shipped in from the Netherlands. Another reason to condemn CX, for lax livestock checks.

Oasis
21st Jan 2022, 18:20
'Hamsterdam'

Thank you for the smile in these bleak times.

Oasis
22nd Jan 2022, 09:17
100 plus preliminary cases now, is it finally taking off?

How are the lines at the vaccination centres?

Now that we know that omicron just slices though the vaccinated community like it is nothing, at least we also know that the vaccine will protect that same community from serious disease and death.

The only way Hong Kong and China will open to the world is by large scale outbreaks.

What would be the point of a quarantine, if the situation inside the country is just as bad as outside?

But that would be using common sense, something I haven’t seen displayed for quite some time.

And that for a territory with the highest IQ on the planet.

MENELAUS
22nd Jan 2022, 10:11
The banality, and indeed outright cruelty, just shows how far Hong Kong has descended in to a complete rolling goat fark.
Vamos muchachos; whilst you still can.

Oasis
22nd Jan 2022, 14:19
neither of those caps could fit you , our esteemed Oasis..
I have been called many things, but never esteemed! Finally

Rie
22nd Jan 2022, 16:01
100 plus preliminary cases now, is it finally taking off?

The only way Hong Kong and China will open to the world is by large scale outbreaks.

Doubt it, Curry herself said today that they are opening to China first. After that quoted that the north has a 90% vax rate and how it was unpatriotic that the 70+ older generation are refusing the vaccine.

iot
22nd Jan 2022, 16:27
WASHINGTON — The U.S. government said Friday it would suspend 44 China-bound flights from the United States by four Chinese carriers in response to the Chinese government's decision to suspend some U.S. carrier flights over COVID-19 concerns.

Oasis
22nd Jan 2022, 16:43
Apparently a 40 hour wait at the airport to be transferred to Penny Bay, Joy!

Noddys car
23rd Jan 2022, 06:10
https://youtu.be/vkmf3Hbnh_4

BuzzBox
23rd Jan 2022, 10:52
Crikey, no wonder they're culling the little blighters. Projectile vomit is one thing, projectile turds quite another. :ooh:

Oasis
23rd Jan 2022, 11:01
Another 100 plus preliminary positive. Get your shots, old people!

YeahNahYeah
24th Jan 2022, 02:30
Holy **** it’s been 2 years of this bollocks already. I feel as though I’ve aged about five in that time.

When will this current lockdown end? August 2022?

Silent Treatment
24th Jan 2022, 02:40
Holy **** it’s been 2 years of this bollocks already. I feel as though I’ve aged about five in that time.

When will this current lockdown end? August 2022?
You got the month right.

The FUB
24th Jan 2022, 04:40
Expect things to get a whole lot worse running up to the 25th Anniversary. Big political birthday party.

williambradley
24th Jan 2022, 05:51
Awesome place to be

Winemaker
1st Feb 2022, 00:20
I'm a Yank in Washington state and have been, of course, following COVID. I am fully vaccinated with a booster shot. The situation in Hong Kong (and China) has been much in the news here with analyses re endemic vs. pandemic strategies and responses. Here we are obviously into the endemic phase with about 800,000 deaths over the last 2 ± years. How long can your total suppression phase last? I ran across an article that seemed to sum up the situation in HK accurately and was curious for a response from you who are there.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3165318/coronavirus-hong-kong-time-live-virus-sweeping

Sqwak7700
1st Feb 2022, 08:49
I'm a Yank in Washington state and have been, of course, following COVID. I am fully vaccinated with a booster shot. The situation in Hong Kong (and China) has been much in the news here with analyses re endemic vs. pandemic strategies and responses. Here we are obviously into the endemic phase with about 800,000 deaths over the last 2 ± years. How long can your total suppression phase last? I ran across an article that seemed to sum up the situation in HK accurately and was curious for a response from you who are there.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3165318/coronavirus-hong-kong-time-live-virus-sweeping

You should avoid reading propaganda, there is not much to be gained from it.

Oasis
1st Feb 2022, 12:26

Hard to say, the answer will be a combination of factors:

- How much/quickly omicron will spread in Hong Kong.
- How quickly the elderly will vaccinate.
- How serious the covid cases will be.
- What will China do.

Flying Clog
1st Feb 2022, 16:20
Nope, that wouldn't suit the objective Winemaker - to utterly destroy Hong Kong as punishment for the cheek of protesting against the bastards to the north in 2019.

Sam Ting Wong
1st Feb 2022, 17:23
I don't see a hidden agenda by China. Why destroy what you own? Makes no sense. Plus the public order has long been restored, there is no more uprising, no more resistance, all gone. Same goes for circulating conspiracy theories regarding a secret plan to take over Cathay. As if that would be worth the effort, plus they own a third already anyway.

Cathay and Hong Kong are simply a collateral of the current Zero- Covid policy. Just a side note of history, nobody really cares about us in Beijing. We are completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

While the current policy is obviously extremely harmful for some industries, obviously the Beijing government has decided it is worth the price. Think of China as 1.4 Billion more or less unvaccinated people ( by Western standards). As long as they haven't found a solution for that, borders will remain closed. My guess is a Chinese development of an improved vaccine needs to materialise first, then consider the distribution problem given the massive population size.Or maybe they lose the battle earlier, infections will rise exponentially and they are forced to give in eventually. Given the possibility the latter could backfire and lead to loss of control or at least face, this is not probable in my opinion. Rather more draconic lockdowns, which could happen in Hong Kong as well.

There might be a slim chance the HK gov gets the approval by China to change course and to open up. Building a gateway to the world might be of some benefit for China, but again this is not very likely. Most predict no change in 2022 or even beyond..

Oasis
1st Feb 2022, 17:27
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/641x680/image_f130357ca69a909aa5ef027bf593edf895759038.png
Local unknown cases following an exponential path.

It's science vs the ccp, who will win?

lucille
1st Feb 2022, 19:44
It’s a long bow to draw to extrapolate that curve into the future. If nothing is done, science wins. If there are draconian lockdowns and other brutal bureaucratic reactions to prevent spread the CCP wins.

On past performance, the CCP never loses. Read into that what you will.

Winemaker
1st Feb 2022, 21:44
Linear regression on that data generates y = 1.51x-2.54 with r = .9213 and r^2 = .8488. IMHO this data set is too small to affirm it is exponential.

Oasis
2nd Feb 2022, 08:09
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/669x680/image_77c893b33a9cc15a5fec62b187254840127044d4.png
Today's new data 30 local unknown source.
Still looking exponential.
Get your shots, old people.
77 year old lady in the ICU right now, with underlying conditions, not vaccinated.

MENELAUS
2nd Feb 2022, 08:21
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/669x680/image_77c893b33a9cc15a5fec62b187254840127044d4.png
Today's new data 30 local unknown source.
Still looking exponential.
Get your shots, old people.
77 year old lady in the ICU right now, with underlying conditions, not vaccinated.

Just get it up to 10000 or so. And watch the panicky little bastards a) run for their vaccinations and b) start withdrawing all their cash from the local
banks c) start hoarding again.

Oasis
2nd Feb 2022, 09:43
I think reality is finally knocking on Hong Kong's door.
The government was very effective at keeping the virus out for so long, but at great cost.
They should have used this time to vaccinate the weak, but were unable to effectively do so.

We use the words 'Fat, dumb and happy', and that is the correct way to describe the demeanor of the ones in charge over the past year.

ron burgandy
2nd Feb 2022, 17:52
$1000 Wellcome voucher and a Vaccine Mark Six draw ticket with each jab and the whole population will be done by the end of February.
Just do it already.

anxiao
2nd Feb 2022, 18:04
The appalling lack of incentives and "nudge" social pressures last year left HK, and especially their elderly, in a poor position for the current virus wave.

The HK government have failed to keep their people protected, and the prescribed intervention of Beijing in the recent months is too little too late.

STW I thing Flying clog has it right. It is about punishing the HK people for being the errant child. The CCP has good previous on this as you remember, Tibet, Mongolia, Beijing students, Xinjiang and even the movement of the little old ladies on the pedestrian bridge in Wanchai, which we still cannot write for fear of the bot (and the half million human, English speaking email interceptors) who read our emails.

I am very sad to see my adopted country go this way. On a recent (full) flight to HKG a friend reported that nearly all the people she spoke to were coming to clear out their offices and homes.

It is what Beijing wants. Less foreign toxic influences of social democratic liberalism or Republican hands-off government. Neither is in the scope of President Xi's wishes. A Chinese city for the Chinese people.

I suppose if China had a city like San Francisco under Chinese control in the USA, Congress might get upset about it and try to move the Chinese out. Oh, wait...

Flying Clog
2nd Feb 2022, 19:12
anxiao:

Nail. Hammer. Head.

MENELAUS
2nd Feb 2022, 20:28
anxiao:

Nail. Hammer. Head.

Doesn’t the hammer come first ?

Sam Ting Wong
2nd Feb 2022, 23:30
anxiao, there is no special treatment or punishment of HK, we just perceive it that way. HK is been treated as what it is now, another Chinese province. Look at Macao, no protests, same treatment as Hong Kong. Imagine the catastrophic impact on the casino business. Consider the hospitality industry all over China. Or compare HK to the mainland cities under draconic lockdown rules. Check out the quarantine rules in mainland China for foreigners, the restrictions of movement, the surveilance, all even tougher than in Hong Kong. We just feel like being singled out because we are not yet used to being part of China.

Flying Clog
3rd Feb 2022, 07:58
You just keep supping the Kool Aid STW.

I'll pass.

MENELAUS
3rd Feb 2022, 08:39
You just keep supping the Kool Aid STW.

I'll pass.

Very wise. You won’t look back.
They’ve managed to f@ck over arguably one of the best places to live in Asia, famed for its free press and expression, quality of life etc etc ( cage dwellers aside and that is an abomination) in to a dystopian state, with no opposition and no kick back. In the absence of any credible restrictions, they’ve taken it to almost unconscionable levels, policy made up on the hoof, with too much plausibility given to so called SME’s, and a CHC out of control, camps, excessive testing, witch hunts, and expecting the one part of the population that’s actually doing anything for the economy to behave like automatons. The collateral and mental health damage as a result will be measured in years. It’s bad enough in so called democratic countries. Covid has given governments of various hues unbridled powers to lock up their citizens, and apply all sorts of restrictions that, frankly, should not have been tolerated.
The CCP have ripped up the Basic Law a couple of decades early, and turned the place in to yet another Chinese 3rd tier city, with a massive brain and talent drain to boot. And they’re welcome to it now.
Which, having spent the greater part of my working life there, is lamentable.

1200firm
3rd Feb 2022, 11:11
100% agree. HK government is now finishing off what rioters couldn't. The total destruction of HK as a World City. I never had any problems with 1997, et al. But this is different. Much worse, and irreversible I would say

Flying Clog
3rd Feb 2022, 20:06
Yup, 100% spot on posts.

Diogenes.
3rd Feb 2022, 22:50
STW is correct, Glob is wrong.

MENELAUS
3rd Feb 2022, 23:25
Well. The original laconic reply. Wholly appropriate for a Greek stoic perhaps. Which I doubt from the level of rhetoric you are.
That said: given that I’ve managed to avoid the inside of a container for 21 days, have not been subjected to unnecessary incarceration in an hotel for days on end, in the vain hope that I can keep my job, or worse, keep deluding myself that my efforts will keep the shell of a formerly great company going, I know which political system I’d rather be under. And it ain’t the CCP.

Load Toad
4th Feb 2022, 02:13
100% agree. HK government is now finishing off what rioters couldn't. The total destruction of HK as a World City. I never had any problems with 1997, et al. But this is different. Much worse, and irreversible I would say

- There would have been no riots at all if Calamity Lickspittle had swiftly withdrawn her extradition bill when 1 - 2 million peaceful people protested on the streets.

Sam Ting Wong
4th Feb 2022, 02:41
The CCP have ripped up the Basic Law a couple of decades early, and turned the place in to yet another Chinese 3rd tier city.

HK is been treated as what it is now, another Chinese province.

Maybe a misunderstanding? Glob and I do say the same, Clog did probably not bother to even read my answer ( which is ok, he must be exhausted in his new job;-)

CodyBlade
4th Feb 2022, 10:21

They don't like the Canton culture. Too superficial and too much drama

Oasis
4th Feb 2022, 10:57
It's done, the gates are open. 56 new unlinked cases.

There is no stopping that.

TurningFinalRWY36
4th Feb 2022, 11:24
and thats just the ones who were tested, so many others will either be asymptomatic or wont get tested for a cold due to the ramifications of testing positive. Reap what you sow

Oasis
4th Feb 2022, 11:28
Yes, you'd have to be crazy to admit you have it. Soon it will start showing up from people randomly showing up in the hospital for unrelated reasons.

Rie
4th Feb 2022, 11:43
Yes, you'd have to be crazy to admit you have it. Soon it will start showing up from people randomly showing up in the hospital for unrelated reasons.
Already has, started with an old guy in for a hip replacement.

Oasis
4th Feb 2022, 11:49
Old guy, hope he's vaccinated. Shame they only had one year to do so..

anxiao
5th Feb 2022, 04:21
The researchers seem to find it in sewage first. There are several areas of Hong Kong where the virus has been detected in sewage outflows but there are no "reported" cases in the area.

I heard that DB is one, and Tung Chung another, to keep it in an aviation context.

I believe it is so true that because catching it was made a crime in Hong Kong attracting a custodial sentence in a secure overcrowded hospital, it has made people hide their infections. In most other countries you do a home test and if positive go home to bed and stay clear of other people for a week. You don't have to be an epidemiologist to work out which is more effective at slowing an epidemic.

Oasis
5th Feb 2022, 08:00
351 cases today, 161 without traceable source.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/498x284/image_99d8f0ab5c73a3290b17e9c11a133b270a9b11eb.png

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/680x456/image_eb8360ff153d46327d7f23d8e98c335cb1b1bd24.png

bacou
5th Feb 2022, 13:31
I can smell a full city lockdown coming like in any other Chinese city and then 2 months later a return to 0 Covid policy.
At least Hongkongese are all going to be able to enjoy a pilot lifestyle.

Winemaker
5th Feb 2022, 13:32
351 cases today, 161 without traceable source.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/498x284/image_99d8f0ab5c73a3290b17e9c11a133b270a9b11eb.png

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/680x456/image_eb8360ff153d46327d7f23d8e98c335cb1b1bd24.png
Now that looks exponential indeed. Who provides the data????

Rie
5th Feb 2022, 14:47
Unknown source cases will start to reduce soon. Only so many buildings/workplaces they can't link together. They always will attempt to minimise the unknowns because it would be a loss of face.

Oasis
5th Feb 2022, 15:29
Unknown source cases will start to reduce soon. Only so many buildings/workplaces they can't link together. They always will attempt to minimise the unknowns because it would be a loss of face.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/600x494/image_d1cc02ffd5447ad19057d647eacc816e1571ca02.png

Cury Lamb
7th Feb 2022, 03:33
More than 600 new Covid infections found: sources
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1632318-20220207.htm

Surprise, shock, horror :eek:

The quicker it spreads, the quicker it’s gonna be over. Welcome to the rest of the world.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x608/8dfc631f_aba3_4cd7_aee9_da38acb2f521_c0237d4d823fe9b41f33b7c f358d0a59765b1be3.jpeg

Koan
7th Feb 2022, 05:22
I can smell a full city lockdown coming like in any other Chinese city and then 2 months later a return to 0 Covid policy.
At least Hongkongese are all going to be able to enjoy a pilot lifestyle.

Meanwhile even Australia is opening to tourists, at least NSW. Cant say for the secluded Western Empire.What you need to know about Australia's border opening to all international arrivalshttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-07/australian-border-to-open-to-all-international-arrivals/100810762

mothy1583
7th Feb 2022, 21:34
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1200x1600/wa_paper_524c862ca80084beebf12f8e2328ee2971acd475.jpeg
A glimpse into the future of WA.

anxiao
9th Feb 2022, 04:19
Further to my post 216 I read from Bloomberg this morning that the whole of Discovery Bay is now required to do compulsory testing. Around 20,000 people so I hope they open a test centre there or the ferry and the Tung Chung bus is going to be busy over the next few days.

Of course this edict has nothing to do with the daily party at Pier 3 which has got up police noses for the last couple of years.

Pip Pip

Dragon Pacific
9th Feb 2022, 07:39
1,153 local cases in HK today so there’s gonna be a few in DBay. It is now going exponential which can only be good for HK aviation as it should hasten the end of pretending that it is possible to keep the virus out. It certainly couldn’t make the situation any worse.

hyg
9th Feb 2022, 09:07
1,153 local cases in HK today so there’s gonna be a few in DBay. It is now going exponential which can only be good for HK aviation as it should hasten the end of pretending that it is possible to keep the virus out. It certainly couldn’t make the situation any worse.

I am amazed at how you think that it's going to be 'good' for anything.... the Central Gov just said it like 2 days ago, they are going for a Dynamic COVID 0 policy, which means further lockdown is probably coming to town... did they not put that in the SCMP?

main_dog
9th Feb 2022, 11:13
It will get worse before it gets better. For starters, with three out of four over-80s unvaccinated, the results might be catastrophic. Having kept out covid for two years and had vaccines available for one, what a wasted opportunity.

btrdux
9th Feb 2022, 11:29
It might get "better" in the long long run, but the process to get there is gonna be filled with sh:mad:t... and I'm really not interested in hanging around to find out what that entails

GreenPill
9th Feb 2022, 14:44
With a total of TWO freighters in the air when I checked this afternoon and tracking bracelets for turn around crew from anywhere but the motherland, “good” doesn’t seem to be in the cards at the moment.

FlightoftheNavigator
9th Feb 2022, 14:50
2 weeks to flatten the curve, 70%, 80%, 90% vaxxed, 80% of elderly, 70% third jab, for f&%ks sake, they'll just keep moving the goal posts. There's too much power available while they can claim it's for public health (and western governments are exactly the same). That being said, I reckon most of these unvaxxed elderly folks in HK are the same sort of people that barge their way into the train as soon as the door opens. The ones that never bother to say "thank you". The ones that stopped caring about anyone but themselves a LONG time ago... If the virus of unspecified origin is their demise, so be it.

anxiao
9th Feb 2022, 15:07
A F*book group reporting 6 people arrested in DB for reportedly being in a group, standing and talking. or some such reason. Do they need a reason? Initially plain clothed police then a group of uniformed moved in to make the arrest. Fined $5,000 and taken back to their apartments in a police van.

Just as well it wasn't Thursday or that would have been $10,000.

Take care out there, they are not making life easy.

GreenPill
9th Feb 2022, 21:56
Appears that shiny, new, disposable tracking jewellery is the order of the day for cargo crew after flying a turn around trip and never stepping foot off the aircraft. With only two freighters flying yesterday and the rest gathering dust, this just adds to the woes at big green. Seems a bit like closing the door after the horse bolted considering everyone in HK has the virus already.

Memorylapse
10th Feb 2022, 01:29
A F*book group reporting 6 people arrested in DB for reportedly being in a group, standing and talking. or some such reason. Do they need a reason? Initially plain clothed police then a group of uniformed moved in to make the arrest. Fined $5,000 and taken back to their apartments in a police van.

And I believe it was a CX bloke.

G Merch
10th Feb 2022, 03:22
This is not a pro-vax vs anti-vax comment. But everyone seems to have tunnel vision on the point that somehow if the senior citizens get vaccinated, some miracle will happen.
Hong Kong has repeated it's commitment to a zero case policy. Vaccines do not stop the spread.
Even with 100% vaccination, it still will not change a thing, except maybe everyone will look for the next group to blame.

G Merch
10th Feb 2022, 03:24

Standing outdoors talking...... DANGEROUS.
Being bundled into a van....... SAFE

hyg
10th Feb 2022, 09:34
It's coming.... the HKU medical school just recommended lockdown in HK:D

JMock
10th Feb 2022, 13:10
It's coming.... the HKU medical school just recommended lockdown in HK:D

so what happens to the countless caged spaces and subdivided flats with no cooking or washing facilities
total lockdown is a literal impossibility in HK

MENELAUS
10th Feb 2022, 13:12
Then you allow it to spread. The omicron variant is less strong anyway; as is often the case with viruses. It doesn’t behove a virus to wipe out its host.
And then, when it’s has its way with those that choose not to vaccinate and bury their collective heads in the sand, you crack on with life. Like the rest of the planet.

Busbuoy
11th Feb 2022, 00:00
It doesn’t behove a virus to wipe out its host.

A virus isn't behoved to do anything. What I suspect you meant was "It doesn't benefit a virus to wipe out its host". And studies of Ebola, Marburg, et al might suggest otherwise.

krismiler
11th Feb 2022, 02:39
Basically Hong Kong is in the same situation now as most other countries were in nearly 2 years ago when lockdown were starting and borders were closing.

However most other countries are now easing restrictions and opening upon with life getting back to normal.

In Singapore, less than 1% of COVID cases end up ion oxygen, in the ICU or dying. It's being treated like the flu with most people expected to have it at some stage.

Rie
11th Feb 2022, 04:28
And I believe it was a CX bloke.
Couple of CX gents were caught up at Fineprint. Didn't use leavehomesafe and ordered take away. Fined.

ToCatLady
11th Feb 2022, 10:04
Beijing ordering a full HK lockdown, this is going to get VERY nasty now. I strongly advise all partners/kids/dependants to leave HKG immediately before you get dragged into this permanently. No child will ever recover from what is about to happen to them.

CX to cease operations for March is my guess and borders completely shut during city-wide testing and isolation.

Covid-zero to be further enforced when Omicron burns through the city and HKG can claim victory against the virus.

THEY will not lose face.

SloppyJoe
11th Feb 2022, 10:18
Have they? Can you post a source, I read they are considering it if no improvement within two weeks and agree that probably means it's coming. Leave the sensationalist headlines to the tabloid papers.

JMock
11th Feb 2022, 10:24
Beijing ordering a full HK lockdown, this is going to get VERY nasty now. I strongly advise all partners/kids/dependants to leave HKG immediately before you get dragged into this permanently. No child will ever recover from what is about to happen to them.

CX to cease operations for March is my guess and borders completely shut during city-wide testing and isolation.

Covid-zero to be further enforced when Omicron burns through the city and HKG can claim victory against the virus.

THEY will not lose face.

I await with interest the PLA entering to enforce the lockdown as there are no means otherwise to enforce such a lockdown.

and how will the subdivided flats and caged dwellers be fed? Street sleepers of which there are thousands. Who will be preparing the meals?

as for children never recovering, this is not Syria and full blown bombardment. They are not witnessing their parents dragged away or blown to shreds

get a fvvvking grip

anxiao
11th Feb 2022, 15:09
Well they have already seen their parents taken away as the children were taken under government care to hospital.

Full lockdown is more difficult to enact in HK for several reasons, one being Hong Kong's dependence on imported food. Locking down Xian is relatively easy when the government can ship supplies in from 100km away. More tricky across the Shenzhen border, as we are already seeing from the empty shelves.

Also with 25% of the population living in poverty the conditions, when you tell people to stay indoors, get insanitary quickly. Ten to a toilet can lead to some impressive covid figures.

There will be further lockdowns, but not a full Wuhan type. More like London Spring 2020.

My 2c worth

Oasis
13th Feb 2022, 07:48
3000 preliminary cases today. Ramping up.

In other news:
France drops covid-19 testing for fully vaxed UK travellers.
This means you can now travel to and from France from the UK without ANY testing.
It's all coming to an end.

Edit: Not 3000 prelim cases yet, fake news, 1347 new cases, 1500 plus prelim cases. but I also suspect testing has bottlenecked, so there are delays in the reporting of new cases.

3Greens
13th Feb 2022, 08:20
3000 preliminary cases today. Ramping up.

In other news:
France drops covid-19 testing for fully vaxed UK travellers.
This means you can now travel to and from France from the UK without ANY testing.
It's all coming to an end.
omicron doubles approximately every 2-3 days. There’s no controlling it now in HKG. The good news is it peaks fast and causes milder disease (although most countries where it’s ripped through have high vaccination take up).
The bad news is, that HKG has very poor vaccination rates amongst the vulnerable.

Dingleberry Handpump
13th Feb 2022, 10:02
omicron doubles approximately every 2-3 days. There’s no controlling it now in HKG. The good news is it peaks fast and causes milder disease (although most countries where it’s ripped through have high vaccination take up).
The bad news is, that HKG has very poor vaccination rates amongst the vulnerable.
Yup, and so be it.

If you lay in the road long enough, you’re going to get hit by a car.

Oasis
16th Feb 2022, 15:05
Three covid tests coming up for everybody..

https://www-hk01-com.translate.goog/%E6%94%BF%E6%83%85/736691/01%E7%8D%A8%E5%AE%B6-%E6%B8%AF%E5%BA%9C%E6%93%AC%E5%BC%B7%E5%88%B6%E6%8C%89%E8%BA %AB%E4%BB%BD%E8%AD%89-%E4%B8%89%E6%AC%A1%E5%85%A8%E6%B0%91%E6%AA%A2%E6%B8%AC750%E8 %90%AC%E6%B8%AF%E4%BA%BA?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB

Rico_Corp
16th Feb 2022, 15:13
Maybe, but is this a reliable source or fake news?