PDA

View Full Version : Technical Stop

sybersakkie
24th Dec 2021, 11:12
We did a flight from Windhoek, Namibia to Inhambane (FQIN) in Mozambique a few days ago. We did a tech stop at Kruger International (KMI) to take in some JetA1. According to an official at KMI (he is not from Immigration or Customs) all our passengers need to clear Immigration, in and out, before we can proceed to our destination. Is this the correct procedure and where can I verify that?

We are doing a similar flight soon.

S.o.S.
24th Dec 2021, 14:30
Welcome to the Cabin of PPRuNe sybersakkie That is a tricky question and I hope someone can come up with an answer.

BRUpax
24th Dec 2021, 18:04
I can't offer a definitive answer relating to KMI. I would guess that if you stay on board the aircraft it would not be necessary. If, however, pax are required to deplane and the airport doesn't have a dedicated transit lounge, it could well be possible that immigration procedures have to be followed.

PAXboy
25th Dec 2021, 03:02
It occurs to me sybersakkie that you might try the 'African Aviation' forum. Check in 'PPRuNe Worldwide' for the various countries. That forum is not as busy as it once was but Saffas do check it.

TCU
25th Dec 2021, 05:11
sybersakkie, what is interesting about your question is that international passenger flights to and from RSA are only permitted to operate from ORT, CPT and DUR. This was gazetted by the SA Govt back in Oct 2020 when the borders were re-opened and remains unchanged. So immigration at KMI?

sybersakkie
25th Dec 2021, 18:37
sybersakkie, what is interesting about your question is that international passenger flights to and from RSA are only permitted to operate from ORT, CPT and DUR. This was gazetted by the SA Govt back in Oct 2020 when the borders were re-opened and remains unchanged. So immigration at KMI?
Yes, TCU. I thought so too but that has changed in the meantime. We have been in and out of KMI quite a few times in December. FAKN is now included in the list of airports allowed for international flights.

Safe flying

sybersakkie
25th Dec 2021, 18:37
Thank you BRUpax

sybersakkie
25th Dec 2021, 18:38
Thank you PAXboy, I will give it a try