PDA

View Full Version : Royal Commission into CASA petition.

Sbaker
21st Dec 2021, 02:47
G'day all,

If you agree, have a read, sign it. - it is going directly to Mr Barnaby Joyce and other federal members.

With Dick Smith also advocating for a royal commission - hopefully between both of these, enough noise can be made that results in more than another senate enquiry which achieves nothing... hopefully the squeaky wheel is squeaky enough this time.

https://www.change.org/INVESTIGATE_CASA

Lead Balloon
21st Dec 2021, 04:07
Given the paucity of submissions to the current Senate Committee inquiry into GA and the inevitable wet lettuce report it will produce (bets now being taken on how often the phrase 'enviable air safety record' will appear), that metaphor about urination and wind direction springs to mind.

Ascend Charlie
21st Dec 2021, 04:47
The Royal Commission into the Civil Aviation Safety Authority should focus it's investigation on:

And straight away this petition has lost any credibility simply for the misuse of the apostrophe - the people higher up will never get to see it because somebody lower down with an understanding of English will have binned it.

Sbaker
21st Dec 2021, 04:53
LB, I understand where you are coming from - the industry and many within it share your views - and have basically given up. But you know the saying, it is the darkest before the dawn.. I am optimistic - if we can get the numbers, a few federal members have got their ears to the ground now regarding CAsA, and are just waiting for a catalyst.

AC - Thank you apostrophe police - I will correct that. :-) :-)

There is a poster here for those who would like to print it out and place it on bulletin boards / lunch rooms / etc.

https://ibb.co/k2N7t8s

Lead Balloon
23rd Dec 2021, 19:11
A Royal Commission into CASA would find that CASA is doing its job very well, thank you very much. Just look at Australia's 'enviable air safety record' - all CASA's good work!

The only useful inquiry would be into why the majority of Australia's federal politicians are happy with the ever-increasing complexity, cost and destructiveness of CASA's activities, notwithstanding that the activities have little-to-no causally positive impact on safety. But ...

That inquiry would find that that's the price we pay for the politicians' insurance policy against any responsibility for an aviation disaster. That inquiry would conclude that it's a democracy and Australia gets the politicians for whom the people vote.

As H.L. Mencken said:Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

Forced Labor
23rd Dec 2021, 20:17
........Just look at Australia's 'enviable air safety record' - all CASA's good work!

Yes - the safety record will look pretty good if CASA's good work effectively minimises the number of aircraft flying. That aim has clearly been achieved :mad:

aroa
24th Dec 2021, 04:01
Have signed up, but I do hope it’s not too late. With all the taxpayers dollars wasted on rorts, public sector waste, Covid costs and freebies, Frog subs, sorry someone else’s , helicopters and etc..really don’t think there is any spare dosh for a multi mil Royal Commission into CAsA.
If there was the political will, there’s always a way..eg $22 mil clubhouse for shooter mates…
But for GA there is no political will. Without the chance to say it like it is….we,re fu..further down the tubes.
vale GA

glenb
28th Dec 2021, 23:18
I encourage every participant in GA, concerned about the future of the industry to make the effort and sign this petition. It really is crucial, and I commend the organizer for sticking his/her neck out and having the courage of their conviction for initiating it.

As someone previously being publicly critical of CASA and having my livelihood destroyed, I can only hope they don't track you down and cause the same harm to you and your business. Mr Aleck can be a very dangerous man to cross. I say that from my own personal experience.

Hats off to you, cheers. Glen

Sbaker
29th Dec 2021, 02:24
Glen,

This was the main concern bought to me by those who wanted to sign, but ultimately did not - out of fear of not being able to sign anonymously so as to not attract the attention of CASA.

​​​​​​Only those who have witnessed this BS first hand would even begin to comprehend how bad the problem really is - 99% of the industry have NO idea.

If police acted the way some of the CASA staff do, in my opinion they would be in gaol. - I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not.

They love to play the game of "who do you believe more"... Unfortunately to a third party not involved with aviation they view CASA as the "experts" and cannot fathom why they would be motivated to lie, deceit or mislead... But, in my opinion.. they do.
​​​​

glenb
29th Dec 2021, 20:59
There can be no doubt that many with a business operating in GA may be concerned to sign the petition.

From my own personal experience, criticism of CASA can be met with fierce retribution.

Im not sure if someone can clarify this for me.

I am unable to access the signatories unless they have also made a comment.

If you make a comment your name is displayed.

If you simply sign with no attached comment it appears your name is not displayed.

If that is the case, and i hope someone can confirm that, more industry participants may be prepared to sign, if a higher level of anonymity can be maintained

glenb
29th Dec 2021, 21:04
i am working till 11pm today and tomorrow with no mobile phone access. Would love to chat on Saturday, Sunday or Monday (days off) on 0418772013, cheers. Glen

Sbaker
25th Jan 2022, 06:14
Hi everyone, we have over 530 signatures, lets keep it going!

MalcolmReynolds
25th Jan 2022, 12:52
Signed. F CASA!