PDA

View Full Version : Archive PMs?

Cornish Jack
19th Dec 2021, 11:16
Just received a helpful PM from nutloose which has pushed my PM folder to Full. - so I can't send a reply. The only obvious option seems to be to delete all previous, but I would like to archive them . Can anyone offer 'how to's for this, please ?
... and thank you, nutloose - I'll reply once I get reorganised ! :O

Saab Dastard
19th Dec 2021, 12:41
Select all PMs
Selected Messages: Download as XML / CSV / Text.

You will probably have to do it page by page (50 seems to be the default)

Cornish Jack
19th Dec 2021, 16:06
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately., like almost all Windows instructions, it just doesn't 'gel' on my machines !! Doing as suggested saves the message titles, but not the contents. Might have to set aside a day or two to copy and paste individually ! :eek:

Saab Dastard
19th Dec 2021, 17:08
Really?
Tick the tickbox at the top right of the yellow bar, containing "Private Messages in Folder: Inbox", just beside the number of messages in your inbox.
All the messages on that page should now be selected (you'll see a tick appear in the checkboxes down the RHS of each message).
Now scroll to the bottom of the page, where there's a blue bar with a "Selected Messages:" drop down. Choose either XML, CSV or Text to download the messages. Save the file.
Now use the appropriate application to open the file you've just saved - e.g. Notepad for text, Excel for CSV (other spreadsheet apps are available) or browser for XML.

treadigraph
20th Dec 2021, 11:01
Thanks SD, that was a useful tip! One learns something new every day...

Cheers

Treadders