PDA

View Full Version : That’s Amore

ROH111
14th Dec 2021, 13:31
Perth direct Rome hey?

Potatos_69
14th Dec 2021, 16:30
Because the last thing you want to deal with after a 15+ hour flight is Italian ATC and rome's approach frequencies :D

goodonyamate
14th Dec 2021, 20:08
Because the last thing you want to deal with after a 15+ hour flight is Italian ATC and rome's approach frequencies :D

probably rather deal with that than endless stand down and stacking shelves at woolies.

AmarokGTI
14th Dec 2021, 23:53
Perth direct Rome hey?

I like how some outlets are saying it’s “non stop Sydney to Rome, via Perth” :confused:

WingNut60
15th Dec 2021, 00:30
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/800x600/800px_fangtooth_moray_924250f461fc9edba8744da6531a6ac5bd840c a4.jpg

That's a moray

Capn Bloggs
15th Dec 2021, 00:54
That's a moray
As Darth would say... "Good. Very Good!". :D

morno
15th Dec 2021, 01:56

Ahh FFS, where would you like to go that’ll keep you happy? Whinge about not flying, or your flying being taken by another entity, then whinge when you get a route back.

Apologies if you’re not actually Qantas

Capn Bloggs
15th Dec 2021, 02:12
I think he was pulling a leg, Morno. :rolleyes:

Transition Layer
15th Dec 2021, 03:27
Ahh FFS, where would you like to go that’ll keep you happy? Whinge about not flying, or your flying being taken by another entity, then whinge when you get a route back.

Talk about jumping at shadows. The QF-bashing never stops with you mate!

morno
15th Dec 2021, 04:16
Talk about jumping at shadows. The QF-bashing never stops with you mate!

Quite the opposite, I’m happy that they are introducing more flying.

dr dre
15th Dec 2021, 06:01
I wonder where all the WA bashers are, who were convinced WA’s policies on Covid would make the place so undesirable that it’s status as a future airline hub would be unviable?

Also announced today that Darwin is losing the QF 1/2, going back to a Singapore stopover as it was pre-pandemic. It was never going to be a permanent plan.

Maggie Island
15th Dec 2021, 07:06
I wonder where all the WA bashers are, who were convinced WA’s policies on Covid would make the place so undesirable that it’s status as a future airline hub would be unviable?

Also announced today that Darwin is losing the QF 1/2, going back to a Singapore stopover as it was pre-pandemic. It was never going to be a permanent plan.

The future QF route map hinges on the Emperor sticking to the 5 Feb date that has been set. If he reneges and dives head first into the sand again all bets are off

dr dre
15th Dec 2021, 08:10
The future QF route map hinges on the Emperor sticking to the 5 Feb date that has been set. If he reneges and dives head first into the sand again all bets are off

Yes it does.

I do have a bit of quiet confidence he’ll stick to it however. He’s had two chances recently to delay the opening beyond Feb 5. He could’ve included 5-11 year olds in the vax target to stretch it out a few months as the AMA WA chief was calling for. But he didn’t. He could’ve also used Omicron and the pleas from some hardline epidemiologists to delay the reopening until at least a high percentage of elderly had gotten a booster. But he didn’t

There’s two opportunities to delay reopen that were served to him on a platter that he’s failed to take. Especially the one about kids. I personally expected him, when the TGA approved the 5-11 vaccines, for him to announce “I will stop at NOTHING to keep WA’s children SAFE!!! The late Jan/early Feb time is out the window, and there will be NO reopening until ALL WA kids have been vaccinated!!”

But no change to the timetable. So although it may change between now and then I’m fairly confident Feb 5 will be it.

Potatos_69
15th Dec 2021, 14:09

I'm not actually qantas... Just poking some fun at having to deal with crazy italians at the end of a long slog! oh and the constant runway changes...

Happy to see any routes that are getting my countrymen/women back in the air!

goodonyamate
15th Dec 2021, 17:37
Surely it can’t be worse than flying in to Melbourne.

Potatos_69
15th Dec 2021, 18:14
Surely it can’t be worse than flying in to Melbourne.

Oh I can't wait for you to find out just how much of a pleasure it is flying in to italy during peak hours! :}

to be fair, its not that bad but it can be a bit bloody crazy at times... but definitely worse than melbs

Buckshot
15th Dec 2021, 20:35

Well it wouldn't be the QF1/2 without Fatty's would it!?

Australopithecus
16th Dec 2021, 00:23
Oh I can't wait for you to find out just how much of a pleasure it is flying in to italy during peak hours! :}

to be fair, its not that bad but it can be a bit bloody crazy at times... but definitely worse than melbs

I made a promise to myself that when I got back to a full roster that there would be no bitching. Of course I don’t have to suffer the inhumane horrors of a night out in Rome.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
16th Dec 2021, 01:35
Two 'High Profile' sports teams now affected by the dreaded virus - as of today..

One is WA based, the other 'comes and goes'....Think cricket. - Steve Smith to be capt again.
Think 'BIG' virus numbers in NSW..... Think paranoia.....

Feb 5th...? Who knows now...???

ebt
16th Dec 2021, 03:05
Two 'High Profile' sports teams now affected by the dreaded virus - as of today..

One is WA based, the other 'comes and goes'....Think cricket. - Steve Smith to be capt again.
Think 'BIG' virus numbers in NSW..... Think paranoia.....

Feb 5th...? Who knows now...???

McGowan literally said in his press conference that the 5 February date is fixed. "Locked-in" was in the press release.

That's not to say that there won't be (and already have been) adjustments to border risk levels and public health measures in the meantime, but calm your farm about the date changing.

nivsy
16th Dec 2021, 03:11
I'm not actually qantas... Just poking some fun at having to deal with crazy italians at the end of a long slog! oh and the constant runway changes...

Happy to see any routes that are getting my countrymen/women back in the air!
Try BCN!!!😲

Ex FSO GRIFFO
16th Dec 2021, 03:39
Re "Locked-in" was in the press release."
THAT was hours ago.......

Re ' but calm your farm about the date changing.'.......
We shall see wot we shall see.....

Potatos_69
16th Dec 2021, 14:37
Try BCN!!!😲

I have quite regularly, to be honest BCN is easier than MAD, but AMS takes the cake for fun with taxi times... or CDG because well the french accent... or the Ground staff being on strike every 4th day

Ollie Onion
16th Dec 2021, 18:20
I always loved Italian airport, ATC would ask you what RVR you need to make the approach and then they would give you that RVR as the reading. BCN and MAD are the worst in Europe but still better than Sydney :-)

donpizmeov
18th Dec 2021, 14:31
I always loved Italian airport, ATC would ask you what RVR you need to make the approach and then they would give you that RVR as the reading. BCN and MAD are the worst in Europe but still better than Sydney :-)

I agree. FCO. BCN, MAD, MXP and CDG all better than Oz. ATC without the attitude.
I remember the late 80s early 90 when Oz ATC went on strike for certain hours and the country became a large MBZ. Oh the serenity! :}

Fantastic to see the QF network getting larger. Long may that continue.