PDA

View Full Version : Beech Kingair down At YPPH

Ex FSO GRIFFO
14th Dec 2021, 02:45
Perth Radio 6PR reporting at 11.40am., that a Beech Kingair has 'come down' at YPPH.

Latest news report at 11.55am., is that it was a landing gear 'failure' on landing.

11 POB, no injuries reported so far.

That is the brief news headline, and the extent of the info so far.

More later I expect.

Capn Bloggs
14th Dec 2021, 03:19
More Now from Perth Now. Hey Griffo, get off your tranny and onto the internet!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/travel/air-aviation/fifo-plane-forced-to-belly-land-at-perth-airport-after-landing-gear-buckles-c-4941278

Good thing it didn't buckle on the intersection hey! :}

Going Nowhere
14th Dec 2021, 04:11
Looks like LKF

https://fr24.com/data/aircraft/vh-lkf#2a2e59e9

Duck Pilot
14th Dec 2021, 07:36
Crash landing and the pilots lost control?

It may have been a King Air, Q400 or a Robinson R22 helicopter!!!

Some journalists obviously get their degrees from the toilets roll in the **** haus, thank goodness they aren’t Pilots🤬🤬🤬🤬

Any journalist with an operational background in aviation would run rings around some of these sensationalised rubbish media reports. Referring to an emergency landing as a crash landing as a result of an abnormal situation is an insult, particularly when the flight crew do all the right things and they have been trained to do so, and are routinely assessed on the emergency procedures.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
14th Dec 2021, 08:20
'Intersection Departure Approved....Make Left Turn'.......

Melly Chlistmas Capt.

:-)

Pinky the pilot
14th Dec 2021, 08:22
Some journalists obviously get their degrees

Duck Pilot; Eh Wantok, what makes you think that they even have a degree?:confused:

Griffo; And a Merry Christmas to you, me old...:ok:

Duck Pilot
14th Dec 2021, 09:01
A degree in pek pek wara Pinky 😀😀😀

First_Principal
14th Dec 2021, 18:40
The online article is suggestive that the problem was due to a hard landing, which I guess although not completely impossible seems unlikely to me.

In looking at the FR24 history I see there's an elongated track out to the coast before then circling back to the downwind. Now I'm not familiar with Perth operations, but maybe they had an idea there were issues with the undercarriage and were attempting to sort that out before landing, or is this a normal manoeuvre for spacing reasons etc?

AmarokGTI
14th Dec 2021, 18:46
The online article is suggestive that the problem was due to a hard landing, which I guess although not completely impossible seems unlikely to me.

In looking at the FR24 history I see there's an elongated track out to the coast before then circling back to the downwind. Now I'm not familiar with Perth operations, but maybe they had an idea there were issues with the undercarriage and were attempting to sort that out before landing, or is this a normal manoeuvre for spacing reasons etc?

Reported gear issue.
continued approach for tower to have a look
went around
landed from second approach a short time later
gear collapsed

red_dirt
14th Dec 2021, 19:15

Stop using Bing as your default search engine

megle2
15th Dec 2021, 01:55
Can’t be many 3 blade King Airs left in Aus
Maybe this former Pearl aircraft will have 4 blades in its next life

Pinky the pilot
15th Dec 2021, 08:32
A degree in pek pek wara

Em nau! Mi savvy.

First_Principal
15th Dec 2021, 18:07
Stop using Bing as your default search engine

Eh? I don't even use M$ as my OS, let alone trust them with any research, thanks AmarokGTI for the useful response.

FP.