PDA

View Full Version : What’s the future for n Reg in the uk

md 600 driver
13th Dec 2021, 10:42
Hi what do you think is the future for n Reg private aircraft based in the uk

is the uk going to stop them being here or put time limits on them staying in the uk

this is not a pilot licensing question

Fl1ingfrog
13th Dec 2021, 11:25
This isn't really a question for the UK which is subject to the ICAO international agreements. It is common practice for the worlds airlines to base aircraft and crews around the world, often for long periods. The EU (EASA) tried this some years back and ended up with egg on their face, it never happened.

Hadley Rille
13th Dec 2021, 13:50
I'd say for private aircraft the same time a G reg can operate in the USA sounds fair.

c52
13th Dec 2021, 14:18
For a totally uninformed opinion, I would say that as long as the relevant minister of state has one, it will be permitted.

Cyclic Hotline
13th Dec 2021, 16:30
I'd say for private aircraft the same time a G reg can operate in the USA sounds fair.

I can't imagine any circumstance where that would be beneficial - absolutely none.

MrAverage
14th Dec 2021, 14:17
So are you saying fairness requires benefit?

awqward
2nd Jan 2022, 12:56
I believe the anti-N reg movement was largely driven by EASA/EU bureaucrats….they got as far as requiring EASA licenses (in addition to FAA certificates) for EU resident pilots flying N reg aircraft in the EU….but they never got as far as time limiting N reg aircraft in the EU (except some individual member states like Denmark)…. Now that the UK has left the EU and EASA I would not expect any pressure on N reg for UK residents… just my generally uninformed and possibly not up to date opinion…