thunderbird five
7th Dec 2021, 18:23
Their best work EVER I think.

W
T
F

compressor stall
7th Dec 2021, 19:12
Took me three clicks to find a 404 page…

thunderbird five
7th Dec 2021, 19:25
Three! That's efficient.

edsbar
7th Dec 2021, 19:45
What genius designed that clusterf***?

Guess it matches the rest of CASA now ......

Capt Fathom
7th Dec 2021, 20:03
I must be seeing a different site :confused:

steelcraft
7th Dec 2021, 21:54
If we completed Change management like they do Industry would grind to a halt with all the NCNs

Mr Approach
7th Dec 2021, 23:22
Why don't we form a group that sends CASA an NCN every time they ignore their own ministerial directives or CASRs? Naturally, they would have only 30 calendar days to respond.....:=

cattletruck
8th Dec 2021, 00:08
Looks like the Drupal virus (http://govcms.gov.au) has also taken over the CASA website. It's something the DTA (another bureaucracy) is herding all agencies like sheeple into whether they like it or not.

The web certificate used is also shared with another 70 government organisations (Subject Alternate Names) which is a big no-no if you take your public security seriously, but you wouldn't be using a cheap and cheerful CMS like Drupal either if you did.

Contax
27th Dec 2021, 16:08
I passed my PPL checkride 2 weeks ago and this new website has been playing havoc with my online application. First, it couldn't verify my ASIC and now it's unable to process my application at all. Calling CASA got the response of manually submitting the application with a form that is impossible to find. Even the link I'm given from the mycasa portal just took me straight to the info page for licenses and not the form itself.

Boy was I lucky to pass just before Christmas, because now I'm going to be sitting here for another week before anything gets done.

havick
27th Dec 2021, 18:11
I passed my PPL checkride 2 weeks ago and this new website has been playing havoc with my online application. First, it couldn't verify my ASIC and now it's unable to process my application at all. Calling CASA got the response of manually submitting the application with a form that is impossible to find. Even the link I'm given from the mycasa portal just took me straight to the info page for licenses and not the form itself.

Boy was I lucky to pass just before Christmas, because now I'm going to be sitting here for another week before anything gets done.

Welcome to aviation in Australia. It only gets better(worse) from here.

Duck Pilot
27th Dec 2021, 22:07
The new website is difficult to navigate, not that the previous version was any better. Easiest way to find something specific on the CASA website is to use an external search engine.

CASA should have changed their website at a better time, not in the middle of a major transition where people are heavily reliant on the website to source critical information with regards to their new regulatory obligations. It's hard enough for most people just to try and understand the new requirements, let alone CASA electing to do a significant change to the platform that they use to distribute critical information midway through a major regulation re-draft that industry must comply with, particularly given that CASA have promulgated mandatory dates that AOC holders must comply with, specifically with regards to the amendment of operations manuals relating to how they are going to comply with the new requirements imposed upon them.

And then CASA mandate that operators must develop their own SMS that contains procedures and a processes to manage significant change.

Do As I Say, Don't Do As I Do comes to mind.:(

Lead Balloon
27th Dec 2021, 22:08

Boy was I lucky to pass just before Christmas, because now I'm going to be sitting here for another week before anything gets done.And think how 'safe' you are while you're waiting...

runway16
28th Dec 2021, 09:15
Thunderbird Five.
I am glad that I was not the only one to find that the 'new' CASA website had not been commissioned before being let lose. Still a work in progress exercise.
Thank you.

thunderbird five
28th Dec 2021, 09:51
Spent half an hour tonight trying to find CAO 100.5.
N
O
P
E

Fair Dinkum, unbelievable.

cattletruck
28th Dec 2021, 09:55
The new CASA website is a product of the bean counters as it falls under complete control of the all consuming DTA borg. Saving money by building websites to a common formula is now more important than accurate and custom information for aviators, and that's all DTA care about as they don't know much outside Drupal CMS web development.

We don't know of the politics that may be going on between inter-government agencies, but I suspect CASA are telling DTA they urgently need this, that and the other, and DTA are simply shrugging their shoulders.

On the other hand if CASA wanted a system where they could sell you a calendar then DTA have that well catered for.

Contax
28th Dec 2021, 13:58
I think the guy I talked to on the phone from their applications department is also annoyed with the online experience. Got the impression I wasn't the first person to bring this problem to him.

Arm out the window
29th Dec 2021, 00:29
Thunderbird 5, I thought surely with the so-called improved website, finding a rule would be one of the first and easiest things to do and surely you couldn't have spent an hour trying to find a CAO - now eating my words because I've just tried a similar thing and it's rabbit hole after rabbit hole, worse than the previous one, and that's saying something.

thunderbird five
29th Dec 2021, 05:42
I used to be able to find just about anything really easily. Now - cannot find the simplest thing.

SIUYA
29th Dec 2021, 07:50
The new website is a pain in the arse, but it works OK once you know where things should be:

Try selecting PUBLICATIONS from the Welcome page at the new site....that takes you to the Publications and Resources Page ......from there select the GUIDANCE MATERIAL box.

That then takes you to the GUIDANCE MATERIAL page where most stuff is accessible.

I don't work for CASA, and I don't like the new website. :ok:

cattletruck
29th Dec 2021, 09:55
It's like the old days are now back when everyone thought they could build web sites.

I'm surprised they haven't added one of these to the site.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/225x225/image_d216064a3dadc4f83d36a839dba08f4266f25c8d.png

Ex FSO GRIFFO
30th Dec 2021, 02:35
Hey Mr 'c',

Do you have one of those with 'fumes' & flies arising therefrom...??

jonkster
30th Dec 2021, 05:24
The licences section is missing a number of my ratings/endorsements and it also has a list identical FIR entries (all just listed as "Flight Instructor Rating") with no way of knowing what they are.

It does not match what is on my printed licence (nor the old CASA self service site, that has the same as my printed licence).

Be curious to see if I am Robinson Crusoe or if there are others with mixed up data.

LexAir
31st Dec 2021, 03:49
Never throw away your paper licence copies! Even when we transition to all digital, print one off and keep it for when they stuff up your digital record.

triadic
8th Mar 2022, 10:55
The style of the page is very poor and obviously designed by someone NOT in the aviation industry. Go to the contact us page and then try and make a comment on the page or a problem on the page, you don't even get an option for that. To move on you have to select one of their options which is not what you are on about to move forward. There should be an option that says "other" or perhaps "web page"....what a waste of time !