PDA

View Full Version : The most important religion in Australia revealed!

Lead Balloon
2nd Dec 2021, 01:51
The Consequential Amendments Bill (https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/bills/r6819_first-reps/toc_pdf/21168b01.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf) connected with the Religious Discrimination Bill will authorise only one kind of legislation inconsistent with the Religious Discrimination Act: regulations necessary for the safety of air navigation.Civil Aviation Act 1988

14 After subsection 98(6B)

Insert:

(6BA) The regulations may contain provisions that are inconsistent with the Religious Discrimination Act 2021 if the inconsistency is necessary for the safety of air navigation.There goes crew being able to leave the cockpit for Salah, five times a flight.

Will us Pastarians still be able to wear our colander headsets?

What view will AvMed take on circumcision?

Maybe some religions are fundamentally dangerous?

Save us, CASA! Blessed be the safety of air navigation!

MickG0105
2nd Dec 2021, 01:56
What view will AvMed take on circumcision?
​​​​​​...

A hands-off one, you'd hope.

vne165
2nd Dec 2021, 02:44
Praise be to his noodleness...

Ex FSO GRIFFO
2nd Dec 2021, 03:00
Re 'Maybe some religions are fundamentally dangerous?'

ONLY in respect of........collingwood supporters...................

Runaway Gun
2nd Dec 2021, 09:37
As a Jedi, I will fly my X-Wing fighter in accordance with the Force.

gerry111
2nd Dec 2021, 11:28
Will us Pastarians still be able to wear our colander headsets?
And what about the more fundamentalist Pastafarians?

Lead Balloon
2nd Dec 2021, 22:37
Splitters!

vne165
2nd Dec 2021, 22:50
His noodleness see's all.https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1379/his_noodleness_15e6cfb21ca81d857f58af307c3d672927ef48de.jpg

Petropavlovsk
3rd Dec 2021, 01:33
I think you might all be wrong??
the late Harry Wallace and Alan Rae used to host a 'choir practice' on a Sunday morning at Mooranbbin airport. :}

cattletruck
3rd Dec 2021, 04:08
"Act of God" overruled by CASA.

(you see there is a force more powerful than all the religions of the world combined).

Captain Dart
3rd Dec 2021, 04:31
Praise be to his noodleness...
‘Ramen’ to that.

Lead Balloon
3rd Dec 2021, 04:45
Who knew that C17s fart Quob?

Pinky the pilot
3rd Dec 2021, 08:46
And what about the more fundamentalist Pastafarians?

Not to mention the Wheelbarrow Catholics!

How ya going btw Gerry?

krismiler
4th Dec 2021, 03:02
Those who have operated during Ramadan with Muslim crew would understand the intent of the legislation. Fitness to fly is debatable after someone has been without food and drink for 12 hours, especially if operating a 4 sector day in summer. How does an airline deal with a Seventh Day Adventist who refuses a flight on a Sunday, or a Jew who won't work on the sabbath ? I've had first officers praying during the cruise and cabin crew that I was considering standing down due to the obvious effects of their fasting.

Air safety is one of the many things that should override religion.

Lead Balloon
4th Dec 2021, 03:18
You make my point.

What about patient safety in hospitals? Or maybe doctors and nurses have no religious beliefs. Why wouldn’t laws about patient safety be able to be inconsistent with religious discrimination law?

All of the examples you gave are dealt with in existing rules. If someone’s not fit to fly because they’ve not had enough food and water in the previous 12 hours, it doesn’t matter whether that outcome is the result of person’s religious beliefs, the result of the person having lost a bet or the result of the person just being stupid (to the extent to which those are different).

I ‘get it’ that everyone involved in aviation wants to believe that aviation - and therefore they - are ‘special’. But that’s one of the reasons we have the regulatory nightmare we have.

(It’s academic anyway. As AP has observed, the Bill is unlikely to become an Act any time soon. Scotty rushed it into the Parliament knowing that it would be punted to a Committee. That way Scotty can say to the religious fanatics that he (personally) introduced the Bill into Parliament as promised, but godless heathens are delaying its passage. I’ve always marvelled that the most treacherous people I know are ‘religious’.)

donderwolkje
4th Dec 2021, 04:40
"Choir practice" was only held on the second last Sunday before Christmas..

Car RAMROD
4th Dec 2021, 06:21
If someone’s not fit to fly because they’ve not had enough food and water in the previous 12 hours, it doesn’t matter whether that outcome is the result of person’s religious beliefs, the result of the person having lost a bet or the result of the person just being stupid (to the extent to which those are different).

now if the fasting is based on religion.....

is the time of fasting based on acclimatised time, local time, or the time where you were last acclimatised to if you are now in an unknown state.. or even Mecca time?

krismiler
4th Dec 2021, 08:46
For Ramadan it's sunrise to sunset in your current location and the month varies. Must be fun in Northern Europe with around 17 hours of daylight in mid summer.

Car RAMROD
4th Dec 2021, 09:16
For Ramadan it's sunrise to sunset in your current location and the month varies. Must be fun in Northern Europe with around 17 hours of daylight in mid summer.

must also be a bugger flying west following a setting sun... and then climbing!

biscuit74
4th Dec 2021, 13:41

Certainly can be. In midsummer, Northern Scotland has around six hours between sunrise & sunset, Shetland a little over five hours only. For visiting Muslim trainees and engineers working on oil installations and in places like Sullom Voe, we had to get dispensation from the local imam. Simply not safe for the guys ! The imam specified a notional time for sunrise and sunset which allowed more reasonable working.

redsnail
4th Dec 2021, 15:34
G'day biscuit74, do you mean Scotland has 6 hours of daylight in Summer? I think it's the other way around. Midwinter it's bloody dark.
A very sensible attitude by the local Imam, generally, pilots in the UK can get exemptions from the fasting whilst at work so long as they make it up at other times. A sensible solution for the more observant Muslims.

Lead Balloon
5th Dec 2021, 00:50
[G]enerally, pilots in the UK can get exemptions from the fasting whilst at work so long as they make it up at other times.And there it is. CASA runs just like any other religion, or at least the Muslim religion in the UK.

Observance of the rules is essential for piety and safety. Essential, that is, until it’s magically not.