PDA

View Full Version : Flying into WA from Qld

Alice Kiwican
2nd Dec 2021, 01:17
Hi Pprune brainstrust.
A friend of mine is planning to fly himself from Charleville to Broome which will involve a fuel stop in Alice Springs. He can’t get a straight answer from Alice Springs airport regarding the scenario of pulling into the bowser, fuelling up and continuing on his way to WA if this constitutes arriving in the NT and therefore having to quarantine on arrival in WA.
i would have thought if you stay airside at the aircraft you would be ok? Anyone had to do something similar recently?

ResBunny
2nd Dec 2021, 03:09
Does Mt Isa to Kununurra work rangewise? No need to enter/transit NT at all then.

CoodaShooda
2nd Dec 2021, 04:15
I’d have thought any decision on that scenario would rest with the WA authorities.

werbil
2nd Dec 2021, 08:36
WA does not provide any relief if you only pass through an airport., so WA will treat them as coming from a low risk jurisdiction.

Refer to COVID-19 coronavirus: Travel and border: State-wide (https://www.wa.gov.au/government/document-collections/covid-19-coronavirus-travel-and-border-state-wide) for further information.
The current documents you need to see are:
Unofficial Consolidation of the Controlled Border for Western Australia Directions
Aircraft from Restricted Locations Arrival Directions
Approval for Flight Crew Pursuant to the Outbreak Outside of Western Australia Response Directions (No 5)
The directions change extremely regularly.

An aircraft can only disembark persons from a low risk location (ie the NT) at Perth Airport.

WA is extremely conservative and officials have history of imposing stricter requirements than contained in the directions.

There was another case of local transmission in the NT today, so I suspect the next time I'll disembark a passenger from the NT onto land in WA is February.

compressor stall
2nd Dec 2021, 09:44
WA is extremely conservative and officials have history of imposing stricter requirements than contained in the directions.

This. It depends who you get on the day.

No correspondence shall be entered into.

Alice Kiwican
4th Dec 2021, 06:57
Does Mt Isa to Kununurra work rangewise? No need to enter/transit NT at all then.

This is most likely the option he’ll take having spoken to the WA Gov and been told just touching down in Alice constitutes entering the Territory and therefore 14 days quarantine.
Ridiculous if all he does is land, pull up at bowser, fuel aircraft and depart again without interacting with anyone!
in my humble opinion anyway

sagan
4th Dec 2021, 07:53
Australia is gone. Screw this.

Clare Prop
4th Dec 2021, 09:28
Low risk jurisdictions

Before travelling to WA, complete a mandatory G2G Pass (external link) (https://www.g2gpass.com.au/) registration and declaration.
You must provide proof (https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/covid-communications/covid-19-coronavirus-getting-proof-of-covid-19-vaccinations) of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, if eligible.
Complete a health screening on arrival.
Scan your G2G Pass and then verify you have suitable premises for self-quarantine.
If you have suitable premises, enter self-quarantine for 14 days. If not, you will be directed to enter a Government-approved quarantine facility at your own expense for 14 days.
You must wear a mask from when you enter WA until you arrive at suitable self-quarantine premises or government approved quarantine facilities. In addition if travelling by air, you must also wear a mask on the flight while in WA airspace, and while inside the airport (with some exceptions – e.g. children under the age of 12 are not required to wear a mask).
Travellers are subject to a COVID-19 test within 48 hours of arrival and on day 12 of quarantine, or at any point when symptoms develop. A mask must be worn while travelling to and from the COVID Clinic.

CoodaShooda
4th Dec 2021, 13:12
I applied on line for a WA G2G pass at the time when the NT was Covid free. The questionnaire listed a range of symptoms, asking if I had experienced any of them in the previous 14 days. Being an honest idiot, I ticked ‘yes’ to having had a cough. I’d had it for three years as a side effect to a medication I’m on. Nothing to do with Covid. But there was nowhere on the form to offer such clarification.

Result....immediate rejection of application. No discussion. No appeal.

Queensland has been just as frustrating.

I spent five minutes contactless delivering a package to a business 15 km away from the nearest contact site at the start of the recent Katherine cluster - but that was enough for Qld to ban me from entering to attend my father’s funeral.

Roll forward a month and they’ve given me a permit to enter as a transit driver, although I still have to drive through Katherine on the way out of Darwin. But this time, I’m not stopping and they have graciously allowed me two hours to transit the red zone. I assume if they believe I took 121 minutes I’ll be refused entry at the border.

South Australia has also given me permission to enter but they’ll also allow me to stop for fuel in Katherine if I need to; without penalty.

Between the parochial State bull**** and the inland flooding, its been a frustrating process trying to work out how to drive from the Top End to Central Coast NSW for the birth of grandchild number five.

Getting back to the NT next year should be equally sporty.

lucille
5th Dec 2021, 10:56
One country seven systems.