PDA

View Full Version : Returning from red list Africa

Lightbar
1st Dec 2021, 16:33
Anyone returned from southern Africa since omicron. I'm returning tomorrow night (2/12) as pax and wondering if I can enter as aircrew without 11 nights in hotel. I've been tested every week in camp.Had PCR today for tomorrow's flight. ItOr is the aircrew exemption only if you have a blue suit and working as operating crew. Does positioning for crew rest satisfy the regs.
Any recent advice anyone?
Thanks in advance. LB

helicrazi
1st Dec 2021, 18:52
Anyone returned from southern Africa since omicron. I'm returning tomorrow night (2/12) as pax and wondering if I can enter as aircrew without 11 nights in hotel. I've been tested every week in camp.Had PCR today for tomorrow's flight. ItOr is the aircrew exemption only if you have a blue suit and working as operating crew. Does positioning for crew rest satisfy the regs.
Any recent advice anyone?
Thanks in advance. LB

Aircrew exemptions still in place, it doesn't limit it to countries, its a broad exemption, no test, no plf.

Apate
1st Dec 2021, 21:07
You will need Company documentation confirming your position and reason for travel, as well as official Flight Crew ID in order to get through immigration without challenge. Simply turning up and saying "I'm a pilot" won't be sufficient.

wiggy
1st Dec 2021, 22:21
Uk, exemptions (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules)

See section on Aircraft pilots and crew…

”Pilots and crew, as defined in paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 to the Air Navigation Order 2016 or other people carried to perform duties assigned by the aircraft operator or pilot in command relating to the safety of passengers or the aircraft, where they have travelled to the United Kingdom in the course of their work or are otherwise required to travel to the United Kingdom for work purposes.”

(my emphasis)

Lightbar
2nd Dec 2021, 05:31
Thank you for your input guys. I'll report back on the procedure and if going on break meets the requirements for re-entry with no further complications.
Cheers. LB

Lightbar
6th Dec 2021, 05:37
No real problem encountered. But can't say I know much more after entering.

Taciturn immigration guy who didn't seem to know the regulations himself and didn't care to share what he didn't know. He got hung up on my lack of locator form. I showed him the exemption page from the .gov website saying it's not required and he just stamped the paperwork and that was it.

I had a letter from company saying I was on company business, but not asked what that was. And a standard photo crew card and passport. Nothing else requested!
Cheers. LB