PDA

View Full Version : Rare Chinooks!

Rigga
1st Dec 2021, 14:19
After quizzing my ears for a short while - I've just spotted not one but two Chinooks going into Norwich Airport!

Lots of aerials on top? New Uckers Tables?

ORAC
1st Dec 2021, 17:55
Those will be the new electric version with the pantographs on top to connect up with overhead power cables en-route…..

Bksmithca
1st Dec 2021, 18:41
Those will be the new electric version with the pantographs on top to connect up with overhead power cables en-route…..
ORAC You owe me a new tablet, mines wearing coffee now

SimonPaddo
1st Dec 2021, 19:09
Just come home I think

Marly Lite
2nd Dec 2021, 13:41
Rare, yes, because the Chinook Force, with a fleet of sixty odd airframes, can only manage a handful of sorties per day.

Rigga
2nd Dec 2021, 14:26
Rare, yes, because the Chinook Force, with a fleet of sixty odd airframes, can only manage a handful of sorties per day.

Rare because we don't see them over this way much - Marham must be shut or run out of fuel? (perhaps I shouldn't say that out loud!)

PPRuNeUser0211
2nd Dec 2021, 15:43
Rare, yes, because the Chinook Force, with a fleet of sixty odd airframes, most with nearly or significantly in excess of ten thousand hours on them can only manage a handful of sorties per day. in numerous deployed locations around the world....

fixed it for you

bobward
3rd Dec 2021, 08:54
Not unknow, but rather rare visitors at Norwich.
There were also pairs of Puma's in on Monday and Tuesday for fuel. Spotters grapevine says they were here supporting exercises in the county.

Just a thought: maybe the missing Chinooks were up north, helping to sort out the broken power lines?

Rigga
3rd Dec 2021, 13:55
Cheers Bob,
Exercises near Thetford don't usually come this far east for fuel and mostly go North to raid Marham's tanks..maybe F35's don't use paraffin?

Ninthace
3rd Dec 2021, 14:12
Cheers Bob,
Exercises near Thetford don't usually come this far east for fuel and mostly go North to raid Marham's tanks..maybe F35's don't use paraffin?
I think F35s run on a 50/50 mix of fairy dust and ambrosia (not the tinned kind!)

ShyTorque
4th Dec 2021, 07:39
I think F35s run on a 50/50 mix of fairy dust and ambrosia (not the tinned kind!)

They're not so keen on sea air….

Ninthace
4th Dec 2021, 11:06
They're not so keen on sea air….
Yes - the constant wind over the deck tends to blow the fairy dust off the wings so you have sprinkle more from the big red bag just before each flight. As has been shown recently, just believing in fairies will not keep you airborne for very long at all. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it is just a drop in the ocean.

Asturias56
5th Dec 2021, 09:00
Two together isn't that rare in N hants W berkshire - occasionally you see 4 at a time.