PDA

View Full Version : A330 "Explorer with Verandah & Dance Floor

artee
29th Nov 2021, 01:20
A330 Explorer with Verandah & Dance Floor (https://www.traveller.com.au/lufthansa-technik-explorer-a330-wild-plane-design-features-a-dance-floor-and-a-verandah-h201vo)

"A German design company has come up with the ultimate status symbol, a wild concept plane for the one percenters of the world.
Called the Explorer, the remodelled A330 features a nightclub, glass floor, gym, garage, four double bedrooms and a veranda (to be used on the ground only).
A projection system also covers the walls and ceiling of the plane and will play a range of backgrounds - including an underwater world, and outer space.

Lufthansa Technik is behind the concept and Wieland Timm, Head of Sales VIP & Special Mission Aircraft Services, likening the design to a superyacht..."

I really can't see the attraction of sitting on your verandah at the A330 capable airport where you've landed. Maybe that's just me.

FMS82
29th Nov 2021, 02:46
That is beyond ridiculous 😂

But anyone feeling a need to buy an airliner for private use may have different tastes than I do.
​​​​​

megan
29th Nov 2021, 05:08
Just the ticket if you're an airshow aficionado. Now, what were you saying about global warming?

SpringHeeledJack
29th Nov 2021, 06:21
Great idea, but the kind of people who could pay for such aircraft aren't going to want to sit on their veranda at an airfield are they ? For those of us who like looking at aircraft and their movements it could work, but then some rare plane would be on the opposite side of the fuselage and frustrations would arise. LT liken the concept to the rise in expedition super yachts, but that being the case where would all the gear go what with the veranda and dancefloor and sleeping/living quarters ? Nice idea, but impractical to my mind.

DaveReidUK
29th Nov 2021, 06:37
I love the way the article helpfully points out that the veranda can only be used on the ground.

Less Hair
29th Nov 2021, 07:30
The A330 can take some of your car collection to your vacation spots. Now that would make use of a VVIP-widebody with cargo door. Some apron balcony? Not.

treadigraph
29th Nov 2021, 07:50
Isn't that a balcony rather than a veranda? I always understood verandas to be at ground level...

Said it before, I'd love to convert a classic 747 - preferably with an SCD - into a house...

OMAAbound
29th Nov 2021, 08:45
A bloke just flew from GUA-MIA in the wheel well of a 737 and survived! So I think sitting on an A330 balcony at at FL320 sipping a gin sling will be totally feasible!

dixi188
29th Nov 2021, 09:26
Wasn't there a Russian Bi-Plane with a promenade deck on the roof that could be used in flight?
Just found this image.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_Ilya_Muromets

pax britanica
29th Nov 2021, 14:46
Well for balcony use how about the deep freeze experience of Antarctica as recently reported and there are more than a few island locations where you get a pretty nice view tropical seas , mountains etc from the airport , while somewhere like EWR would not offer quite the same attraction

But the realistic point is that assuming this isnt an April 1 style joke in Germany then the fact that there are people who could afford this ought to be paying a wee bit more tax than they currently dont

N707ZS
2nd Dec 2021, 21:53
Boris will be sending his A330 of for that conversion.