PDA

View Full Version : ATC opportunities

Adike
27th Nov 2021, 12:36
Hi,

I was waiting 4 years for an ATC job and finally got my chance.
I am currently part of ADI/ADV rating training in small EU country and should be having my license before the end of 2022.

The problem is my future working place is a small airport with low number of ops and I am not happy with it.

Any suggestions in regard to where can I apply once I get my license? Best would be somewhere in Europe, but I am open for all opportunities.

I will have a license for a Tower controller + procedural approach license.

Thanks in advance!

Atcboss
28th Nov 2021, 15:33
Dear,

I’would suggest you to use extreme caution on this subject.

Belgium is a very small country where everything is quickly known.

Yes. We know already.
Hi,

I was waiting 4 years for an ATC job and finally got my chance.
I am currently part of ADI/ADV rating training in small EU country and should be having my license before the end of 2022.

The problem is my future working place is a small airport with low number of ops and I am not happy with it.

Any suggestions in regard to where can I apply once I get my license? Best would be somewhere in Europe, but I am open for all opportunities.

I will have a license for a Tower controller + procedural approach license.

Thanks in advance!

Equivocal
29th Nov 2021, 19:20
The rules about ATCO licenses in the EU are all described on the EASA website at https://www.easa.europa.eu/regulations/atco-air-traffic-controllers. Somewhere in there you'll find the rules and procedures for transferring license issue from one Competent Authority/State to another (I can't recall the details because it's a while since I was involved in that stuff).

However, having a license with the relevant rating(s) is only one part of what makes a controller employable and attractive to a range of employers - experience is also important, that is to say, demonstrating that you can actually do the job. You might be well advised to get the licence (which in most situations is not a foregone conclusion simply because you are on a training course) and then get a couple of years experience behind you be looking for other employment opportunities. Who knows, your present employer might even offer further rating training and a move to a unit which is more to your liking.