PDA

View Full Version : Airshow appearance money

BoeingDriver99
26th Nov 2021, 01:29
Just having this conversation out loud and wondered if and how much an aircraft/crew gets paid to turn up at an Airshow? I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but just an idea would be fine. Let’s say an airshow in the UK and you turn up in a warbird like a Spitfire. Do you get remunerated for performing?

DirtyProp
26th Nov 2021, 05:58
Just having this conversation out loud and wondered if and how much an aircraft/crew gets paid to turn up at an Airshow? I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but just an idea would be fine. Let’s say an airshow in the UK and you turn up in a warbird like a Spitfire. Do you get remunerated for performing?

I guess it depends on how big a crowd you can attract. A certain Bob Hoover was making a living out of it, but he was Bob Hoover after all.

Less Hair
26th Nov 2021, 07:18
Wouldn't it be more like possible sponsored fuel support in and out or similar if anything?
I know a private "historic" Mustang owner. His real cost aside from airplane and maintenance is his insurance that has to be obtained in small flight hour packages like 15 hours or similar. This is why there is not much flight time left to fly around to shows and back even for wealthy owners and even with some hoped for payment to attend. He is typically enjoying flying it locally overhead his base airfield and that's it.

BoeingDriver99
28th Nov 2021, 10:46
Sounds like a rich man’s hobby then!
:cool: