PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopia

ORAC
24th Nov 2021, 18:21
Anyone tracking RAFAT?

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-11-24/leave-ethiopia-now-brits-warned-to-get-out-of-country-before-its-too-late

'Leave Ethiopia now': Brits warned to get out of country before it's too late

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43258/flurry-of-air-force-transports-head-to-east-africa-as-potential-for-ethiopia-evacuation-grows

Flurry Of Air Force Transports Head To East Africa As Potential For Ethiopia Evacuation Grows

Gordon Brown
24th Nov 2021, 19:57
What have the Red Arrows got to do with it?

rattman
24th Nov 2021, 20:05
Yep Looks like the yanks have deployed 1st battalion 75th rangers and elements of 160 SOAR to djibouti

Ninthace
24th Nov 2021, 20:15
What have the Red Arrows got to do with it?
There to distract the bad guys while the civvies slip away on the transport fleet.

Gordon Brown
24th Nov 2021, 20:21
There to distract the bad guys while the civvies slip away on the transport fleet.

Yes but are they not aware that the team is working up for next season? It’s a bit unfair to expect them to perform distracting air displays when they are still a long way off PDA. I blame the government.

brakedwell
24th Nov 2021, 21:49
I remember doing a Nairobi - Addis Ababa - Nairobi in a DC8 freighter in 1977 with 46 tonnes of paper on board for Ethiopia. it took a long time to unload the cargo and while we were there on the aeroplane the Air Loadmaster, who had just left the RAF, started to take a lot of interest in a nearby row of MIG 21 or 25’s that were being assembled after what must have been a recent delivery. He was armed with an expensive looking camera and started to take a lot of photos, which he said would be sent to the Air Ministry. I tried to slow him down as we could all have finished up in big trouble if the authorities saw the photos being taken. Anyway, the Loadmaster went “undercover” and became more careful when taking his photos.
A couple monthe later, he flew with me again and I asked him how his photos of the Russian Fighters were received by the Air Ministry. The answer was. “The buggers weren’t interested in them.”

etudiant
25th Nov 2021, 00:04
Yep Looks like the yanks have deployed 1st battalion 75th rangers and elements of 160 SOAR to djibouti

Working on a 'Blackhawk Down' rerun??