PDA

View Full Version : MCC recommendations?

MAX
12th Mar 2001, 20:50
Can anyone please elaborate on their experiences with various schools conducting MCC training. Im not very keen to cough up with the money but would appreciate the advice.
Is their any benefit to using a jet sim as opposed to turbo prop? And just how do some schools justify their differences in price?
Thanks.
MAX http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

socrates
12th Mar 2001, 21:07
The purpose of MCC, as the name implies is Crew Co-ordination, therefore it makes no difference what aircraft type is used. Your main purpose is to learn how to integrate with other crew members and establish professional working relationhips where you can anticipate and respond to common events experienced while flying.

Generally instructors come from a varied background, but, most essentially, many have airline experience and are aware of the requirements of MCC as applied to airline environments. They are an invaluable source of experience and learning.

As for a school at a good price/value for money, I would recommend Multiflight in Leeds, they have a good approach and are supported by some pretty good instructors.
Malcomn Dean is your man; www.multigflight.co.uk (http://www.multigflight.co.uk)

DogsBolx
15th Mar 2001, 01:57
You've got to go to MCT at Bournemouth. 20 hrs on a Tristar simulator realy sets you up for a sim check for a new employer. Don't waste you're money on a kingair/turboprop sim. This is not the kind of sim used in check rides! Just got back from MCT and totally recommend it. Call Norman Giffin Tel: 01329281788 or 01489788973 :)

tailscrape
15th Mar 2001, 11:19
Dogsbolx,

I was sim tested on a King Air and am now on a 757. Just a point that Kingair may not be such a waste of time.

On the subject of MCC, I did mine at OATS on the generic 737. A lot of fun.

But, there has to be something to be said for using CTC/ATP at Dibden. They get a look at you and who knows......you may just end up selected under the ATP scheme. Or, they may recommend you to a T/P operator.I don't know how much it cost at ATP, but mates have done it and said it was excellent.

OATS a bit expensive, but worth having on a CV? Who knows?

Good luck everyone.

expedite_climb
15th Mar 2001, 16:00
Multiflight, cheap and good. Plus comes with a cup of tea !

scarebus
16th Mar 2001, 02:30
Did my MCC at ATP, did the selection scheme now have a job starting next week.

HomerSimpson
16th Mar 2001, 02:57
Looking at SFT for mine. I've heard that it doesn't matter what you do the MCC on its based on crew co-operation. Looking forward to mine. Anyone else looking at SFT for early April? Email me if you are.

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

mgbgtv8
16th Mar 2001, 03:36
I agree with DogsBolx.

I completed my MCC at MCT at Bournemouth with Norman. The Tristar simulator is a darling of a simulator. I found I learned more on this course than any I have been on.

Norman's your man, he also wrote me a reference to give to a prospective employer.

Tel: 01329281788 or 01489788973

MAX
16th Mar 2001, 16:28
Thanks for your input guys.
Will look into the various options open to me. Could someone advise where I can find info on ATP?? The way things are looking 'Barry Budget' here may just be going the cheapest.
Thanks.
MAX http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

strimmer
16th Mar 2001, 21:21
OATS - cr@p don't bother

tailscrape
16th Mar 2001, 23:01
Max,

ATP 02380 844000. Should be able to help you.

Strimmer,

Bit of a chip? Or did you really believe it was that bad?

What people have to remember is that MCC is not real life. It gives snap shots of various 2 crew scenarios in a 2 crew aircraft.If you go along expecting to leave with virually a type rating you will leave disappointed.

Go enjoy it and listen and learn.

moggie
17th Mar 2001, 01:20
Biased I know (I work there) but BAE Systems at Jerez can do you a good MCC (as chosen by BA and Aer Lingus - neither of whom want it done at OATS!).

Jet sim IS better than turbo prop as the handling characterisitics are different and the jet handling skills learnt will stand you in good stead when you go for that interview where the selection is BOUND to be flown on a 737 sim!

ATP are good, too, if you don't fancy the travelling