PDA

View Full Version : Contacts for Qatar Baggage services

anxiao
11th Nov 2021, 16:43
Does anyone have a good contact for QR baggage services? Their [email protected] gives

Final-Recipient: rfc822; *******@****************
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.qatarairways.com.qa
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

Mailbox full perhaps and not being attended? We were missing a bag on arrival and no help at the airport. I filled out a baggage report online as their office was closed on our 23.00L arrival.

anxiao
12th Nov 2021, 16:59
I've discovered that the email address (given to me over the phone from customer services) is incorrect and have found one which replies with at least a "We'll get back to you in 72 hours".

The plot thickens...

S.o.S.
13th Nov 2021, 14:49
It is remarkable how many companies - from large to small - do not handle their main incoming email account in a good way. I have often found that using a website listed 'info@...' email produces zero response. Friends of mine, when they started a small business in the mid 1990s, put a special alert tone in their office so that all could hear that an email had come in to the main support address and must be dealt with right away.

anxiao
18th Nov 2021, 07:10
Success in the end, my baggage was found after 5 days. But only after an enterprising young man who, having been sacked from his job as a lost baggage supervisor and replaced by a company that couldn't find their *ss with both hands, set up his own company to find baggage that airlines or their out sourced handling companies have no time, or cannot be bothered to, chase.

One thing learned from this whole episode was new to me after a lifetime of travelling. Qatar asked for a photograph of my bag, which luckily I found in my laptop, taken years ago. Mine is very unique, covered in stickers (yes, I know...). In the end that was how the above guy found it stuffed away in a customs shed.