PDA

View Full Version : Pdf Password gremlin

SeldomFixit
10th Nov 2021, 11:51
I have a folder full of Pdf files that were scanned and saved without passwords last year but when I try and open them now, I am asked to supply a password.
Seems to be this one folder only as Pdf's in other locations open normally.
Is there a way of "un-passwording" these files please.
TIA. SF.

jetjockey696
10th Nov 2021, 12:03
Google it.. there are many free online unlock pdf password websites. unlock it within minutes..

SeldomFixit
11th Nov 2021, 02:59
Thanks JJ. I have let Google be my friend prior to posting and was hoping to avoid installing something that may well be worse than the current problem.

jetjockey696
12th Nov 2021, 16:06
When I used it,, I didn't install anything on computer.. it was through webpage.. drag and drop into file select.. and off it goes. all documents that was unlocked. I ran it through an antivirus first..

MarcK
12th Nov 2021, 19:55
What program are you using to open/read the files? Some 3rd party viewers can't open a PDF with an "owner" password, even if there is no "user" password. Adobe Reader should be able to open them.

SeldomFixit
13th Nov 2021, 04:55
Thanks again JJ. I am using IseePassword Dr.Pdf to try and crack it. Has been "attacking" the password now for 48 hours with no luck.
Marck, I'm using Acrobat to try and open the files, as they are saved as Adope Pdf's
Thanks to both