India Four Two
9th Nov 2021, 03:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmZ9X9Aplk

Octane
12th Nov 2021, 01:40
Astonishing

bobward
12th Nov 2021, 15:24
I didn't realise just how much 'stuff' he had until I saw this.
I was lucky enough to visit Omaka a couple of years ago and it's a stunning museum. Highly recommended, as is the WW2 annex next door. to the WW1 collection.

treadigraph
12th Nov 2021, 15:36
Excellent stuff! Pleased to hear his aircraft described as "reproductions" rather than "replicas" - to me replica is something that looks like the original, not necessarily built in the same way or to the same standards. These clearly are absolutely how they would have been built 100+ years ago and they should probably get construction numbers that acknowledge that! In my opinion of course...

megan
13th Nov 2021, 04:56
treaders, you're correct in your definitions, the accepted definitions can be seen at, Absolutely wonderful collection.

https://tighar.org/Projects/Histpres/guide.html#R8

reproduction - A copy of an existing object

replica - An object constructed to represent, to a greater or lesser degree of accuracy, an object which existed at some previous time

Ddraig Goch
13th Nov 2021, 07:13
Thanks for posting India Four Two. It's a wonderful insight to the process of reproducing aircraft of that era, I would advise all to watch and enjoy!

KiwiBoyZac
17th Nov 2021, 03:10
Excellent stuff! Pleased to hear his aircraft described as "reproductions" rather than "replicas" - to me replica is something that looks like the original, not necessarily built in the same way or to the same standards. These clearly are absolutely how they would have been built 100+ years ago and they should probably get construction numbers that acknowledge that! In my opinion of course...
There are several machines that are replicas but they’re fairly outnumbered by TVAL-built machines and those from folk such as Achim Meier and Koloman Mayrhofer.Off the top of my head the airworthy fleet is:

- seven replica Fokker Dr.I

- one original and one replica Camel

- two reproduction FE.2

- two reproduction BE.2, reproduction BE.12, original BE.2f

- two reproduction Fokker E.V/D.VIII

- one repro and one replica Fokker D.VII

- original F2B

- original Hanriot HD.1

- repro RE.8

- two repro Pups

- repro Snipe

- repro DH.4 (American)

- three repro SE.5a

- replica Nieport XI

- replica Pfalz D.III

- replica Sopwith Triplane

- repro Albatros D.II

- two repro Albatros D.Va

- replica DH.5

- repro LVG C.VI

And that's only the aircraft currently airworthy, not including "resting" replicas in the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre (I can think of at least ten), unairworthy originals (more than five), aircraft built for customers/swap such as Kermit Weeks or the RAFM, or anything spotted in the workshop in the documentary!

meleagertoo
17th Nov 2021, 10:42
The finest and most impressive website I have ever seen;

The Vintage Aviator | (http://thevintageaviator.co.nz)

rich34glider
18th Nov 2021, 05:39
Really enjoyed watching that, thank you for posting!