PDA

View Full Version : CAA ATPL Exam booking

the_bug
6th Nov 2021, 12:56
Good day. Is it normal to have to book ATPL exams with the CAA a couple of months in advance? I am not affiliated with any school and finding it challenging to book several exams at a time in one location. I have to travel a lot to any exam centre and I might be heading overseas which will make it even more challenging. Either the system is very non user friendly or I am approaching things in the wrong way. I am converting an ICAO ATPL and not required to take any ground training so I've been tackling this on my own. I am new to the UK and not familiar with how things are done yet, so any guidance is appreciated.

ersa
7th Nov 2021, 01:16
You simply log on to the CAA exams booking site and book the next available exam. You book them direct if you're exempt from a school to convert.

Taking multiple exams at once is the only way to complete the exams, if you're struggling then get some tuition from a ground school provider or study harder.

the_bug
7th Nov 2021, 01:28
Thanks for the reply. What I’m struggling with is booking multiple exams and booking them in under 2 months from
the booking date

Beaker_
16th Nov 2021, 22:47
I'm studying with Bristol Ground School who recommend booking in 2-3 months in advance. If you need them any sooner, I imagine the best thing you can do is keep trying for a closer date and hope a cancellation comes up.

hello1
17th Nov 2021, 17:30
Old or new syllabus? I am currently registered with BGS but booking new syllabus exams direct myself and have not had a problem booking at relatively short notice. On the CAA portal there appears to be plenty of availability for them.

Beaker_
18th Nov 2021, 06:26
the_bug Are you able to try other venues to see if they can offer you more in the way of appointments that suit you? If I remember correctly, you can just specify a country/region to book your exams in rather than a specific venue. That might help...