PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother with a Jetpack, get a Jetson instead!

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
6th Nov 2021, 07:26
https://www.jetsonaero.com/

ScepticalOptomist
6th Nov 2021, 10:06
https://www.jetsonaero.com/

Glad no QLDers are on that list - we’re yet to master the automobile.:}

bafanguy
6th Nov 2021, 12:36
What type and level of license is required ? Couldn't find anything on the website.

mcoates
7th Nov 2021, 06:29
In the USA, nothing because it's a part 103 vehicle.

43Inches
7th Nov 2021, 06:44
Once they get frames that can duct those spinny bits and cabin it would be pretty useful for personal transport. Otherwise it will just be fun for those remote location places as displayed.

lucille
7th Nov 2021, 21:00
So 20 minutes at say 60 knots = 20nm range. Then you have to wait for a couple of hours to recharge the batteries…. Assuming there is a charger available. Otherwise it’s limited to a 10nm out and back with no loiter time.

As if that’s not enough, if the sound of your neighbour’s drone flying overhead drives you nuts, imagine what a sound level of 100 times that would do to everyone. I’d suggest a bulletproof kevlar flight suit might be essential equipment.

Other than all that, it’s a great idea. If I had USD $92K to incinerate, I’d sign up for one. If for nothing else than to piss off my neighbours.

43Inches
8th Nov 2021, 00:44
Other than all that, it’s a great idea. If I had USD $92K to incinerate, I’d sign up for one. If for nothing else than to piss off my neighbours.

People already spend $50-$100k on Dual Cabs (or any sports car) at the moment or whatever 4WD for that odd camping trip, or strut around town, throw in the insane operating costs over a year that these cost over a normal car and $90k on a flying electric bike ain't that much more if not less. Then there's boats and other expensive past times, that can easily make $100k flush down the toilet for 2 to 3 days use a year. I assume charging will be like cars and other aircraft where the right equipment can charge it in under an hour or half that, that's assuming you can't just swap out batteries and fly while the other set charges. Electric stuff is advancing at a huge rate since Tesla and others have put real effort into making it work.

aroa
8th Nov 2021, 08:52
I,d stump for a Surefly, a much more practical solution. Now owned by Moog and not yet on the market .
2 seater, hybrid power system, good speed and endurance.
Just need that lotto ticket.!.

Ascend Charlie
9th Nov 2021, 00:46
You will very soon get sick of seeing things just in a 10nm radius, and so will everybody underneath those 10 miles.

If you plan on landing somewhere to charge up, be prepared to be disappointed when a Tesla gets there first, you land nearby and then find you don't have any wheels to roll up to the "bowser" once the Tesla leaves.

no_one
21st Nov 2021, 23:45
This thing and the others like it are just the beginning. The technology will mature, and faster than most people realize. The trends in battery density and cost are stark. 20NM now will become 100NM in only a few years time. Could they be a mass transport option in our cities?