PDA

View Full Version : King Air C90 jump plane stall

Paul O'Rourke
4th Nov 2021, 23:54
7nZHZFo29k4

43Inches
5th Nov 2021, 00:03
I hope it's just a visual illusion of how close that came to doubling back on the chutists during the recovery. What was the thing that ejected later in the recovery as well. Didn't look quite like a planned manoeuvre, I know some jump pilots can do some weird and wonderful things to slide on down with the chutes, but that looked very close to out of control for a while. Maybe some clothing changes may have been required later.

compressor stall
5th Nov 2021, 00:33
The thing erected later was another parachutist during the unexpected yaw when the engines powered up.
Left engine was at idle during the stall from the pilot account.
The parachutists blocked airflow over the LH elevator

PoppaJo
5th Nov 2021, 00:55
I hope it's just a visual illusion of how close that came to doubling back on the chutists during the recovery. What was the thing that ejected later in the recovery as well. Didn't look quite like a planned manoeuvre, I know some jump pilots can do some weird and wonderful things to slide on down with the chutes, but that looked very close to out of control for a while. Maybe some clothing changes may have been required later.
Very much out of control. This is actually a good video for many pilots new and old. Can really see how height burns away quickly and the challenges of trying to regain control.

Hard to see at what point they became level and in control. Looks like it continued on for a bit longer than the video shows.

Senior Pilot
5th Nov 2021, 01:14
There's a well established thread here (https://www.pprune.org/accidents-close-calls/643522-south-africa-aircraft-stalls-skydivers-prepare-jump.html)