PDA

View Full Version : Adding SIC Type Rating To My FAA License

Mr_C4
4th Nov 2021, 17:34
I recently got hired as a first officer for a company that flies EBM-120s. I have completed a SIC course for the aircraft at Flight Safety International and i have completed the necessary take offs and landings in the actual aircraft. I am being told, that I now need to log into my IACRA account and complete the necessary application and arrange an appointment at the nearest FSDO. I have contacted two FSDOs to arrange an appointment, the FSDO in Atlanta and the one in Miami. Atlanta is saying that everything is now done virtually but there is a 2 week wait time or I can contact a DPE and have it done, while Miami is saying that they no longer process SIC's and they have delegated the task to DPEs.

My question is, is there anyone here that can advise me which other FSDO processes the application virtually but does not have such a lengthy wait time or if there is a DPE that can process the application virtually as I am currently outside of the USA.

Thanks in advance

noneya
9th Nov 2021, 13:17
Mr C4,

My suggestion to you is to not go through the FSDO for the sign off, they work on their own time and all of them are different. You'r better off calling any FAA DPE and have them do the SIC sign off. The DPE does not have to be rated in the aircraft you are looking to get the SIC type in. However they will need to meet with you and see your logbook showing the necessary training as well as the sign-off in your logbook from a Rated PIC or Training Facility recommending you for SIC type. The DPE will help you with your IACRA paperwork. You should be able to find a list of all DPE's in your area, just pick up the phone and call until you get one that can meet your timeline.

Hope this helps.