PDA

View Full Version : B777 FAA examiner in Dubai

777JockeyIN
4th Nov 2021, 06:48
Dear All,

I’m looking for a B777 examiner who can do FAA LPC/Annual IR in The Middle East/Asia.
can someone shed some light ?

flyTheBigFatLady
4th Nov 2021, 17:01
you can ask Etihad training center

Johnthemidjit
5th Nov 2021, 01:23
flyTheBigFatLady

Totally useless with replies . I have contacted them TWICE . No reply ! I took my business elsewhere

777JockeyIN
5th Nov 2021, 02:26
No, I have 737 and 777 endorsed on my ATP.I’m currently unemployed and I don’t have right to work in US.
Elsewhere, they ask for PC in the last 6 months. Being current makes me eligible for ferry flights and other companies right ? That’s why. Doing it in US will cost me 1000$ plus sim and examiner costs. So looking for a cheaper option.

awair
5th Nov 2021, 04:30
Are you referring to a 61.58 PIC check?

if not, there is no requirement for an annual IR: maintain your “6 in 6” currency, and never have to do another IPC.

Also, unless you are a US citizen, you will still require TSA processing, even for recurrent training outside the US.

This is one of the responsibilities mentioned when acting as an ‘Authorised’ instructor or examiner under FAA regs.

Good luck.

777JockeyIN
5th Nov 2021, 08:29
TransitCheck

Nope. I'm trying to maintain my currency. Say to get a job or for a ferry flight. I am a non US citizen and unemployed right now.

awair

Yeah. As well as 61.57(c) for IFR currency requirements. I was a 777 First officer and will act as SIC. As I'm currently un employed and since 6 months have lapsed from my last IR PPC Initial (Reduced PIC Type rating based on Middle east experience/license)

I would still require a sim to get current on IR and 3TO/L right ?

In the last 6 months, I had flown a PA34 II, 6 in 6.

hamil
5th Nov 2021, 12:44
I could be wrong, but before looking for examiners wouldn't it be better to check first if there are FAA approved B777 simulators available in the ME and/or SE Asia? It seems that EY academy has only EASA and GCAA approved FFS. CAE in Dubai? Boeing Singapore?

Anyway, we've never faced a similar situation, when thousands of pilots have their licenses, ratings, PPC and recency expired/lapsed. There will be definitely interesting times ahead.

Cheers.

777JockeyIN
5th Nov 2021, 16:31
Hi Hamil,

Yes that's a valid point. CAE Dubai sim is FAA approved.

Indeed ! Lets hope the end of the tunnel is nearer than it looks.

Cheers !

fatbus
5th Nov 2021, 19:24
As mentioned, 1000s of pilots facing the same currency issues. If you have a job/ferry already lined up requiring you be be current is one thing but spending money on currency thinking you have a leg up on everyone else is naive. Don't be swayed by rumours .
As a side note anyone's advice is only that .
Good luck

typhoonpilot
6th Nov 2021, 01:50
The FAA TCE must be working with/for an authorized ATO in order to legally give a 61.58 check as part of an approved course. As others have noted, it must also be done in an FAA approved simulator. Lowest prices for this can usually be found in Miami on NW 36th Street. Pan Am quotes just under $5000 for an approved B777 recurrent course and 61.58 check.

If you are doing this for ferry flights as SIC, it is not actually required under FAR 61.55 (g), you need only comply with 61.55 (b)(1), no need for (b)(2).

777JockeyIN
6th Nov 2021, 06:11
Thank you. That's where I did TR from. 6 months to go for Annual.

fatbus

I don't believe in rumors. I got a ferry flight in Sep, which I couldn't operate due to visa/border issues. Need to do this to stay alive a bit longer. Unfortunately I haven't saved up as much as you.