PDA

View Full Version : UPRT for EASA & UK ATPLs

Mraviationguy
2nd Nov 2021, 14:05
Hi,

I am currently half-way through my pilot training and I am planning to obtain both a UK and EASA ATPL at the end of it. I am looking to get my advanced UPRT booked but I just want to check whether it matters where I do this to ensure it has no effect on whether I can still obtain both a UK and EASA ATPL. I know that there are a lot of requirements to be met concerning the CPL MEIR training for it to be credited by both the UK CAA and EASA and I just want to make sure there are no complications with the UPRT too. I would imagine it shouldn't matter where the advanced UPRT is done since it isn't something that is actually added onto any licence e.g as a rating for example, but like I said I just want to be absolutely sure before I book anything.

Thanks in advance.

Edgington
3rd Nov 2021, 19:51
As mad as it sounds they are different despite being exactly the same. Go to a school that has both approvals so you can do it in one go. It will be the same for your MCC/JOC

Mraviationguy
4th Nov 2021, 08:42
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Okay, thankyou for confirming I should indeed look for a school that does have both approvals, even just for the UPRT course! Thanks.

parkfell
4th Nov 2021, 10:44
The UPRT is needed before you undertake your first multi-crew type rating.
Confirm with the provider whether it is valid for UK and/or EASA type rating depending which route you intend to take.
I would suggest it is undertaken before the MCC/APS course.

markkal
4th Nov 2021, 21:10
It is strongly suggested that you get to a reputable ATO for this UPRT course, as it can be an utter joke when done with a cessna 150 and an instructor who has no understanding nor confidence to operate on the backside of the power curve. And you can still get signed off throwing money away.

EASA with Sunjoo Advani and APS in the USA were all on the right track up to 2015 to work out a sensible training syllabus, then they gave up, too many pressures and resistances against it and now back to square one; Nose high, Nose low, stick forward at the first hint of stall warning 10 knots before stalling and what have you.
Fortunately on the sim side it's a totally differnt story, real headway has been made.

Some ATO's for the "on air" part go beyond the minimum "Avoidance" standards requirements..And take you at additional expense to a proper loss of control in flight and teach you to regain it.
"Skill" based training, worth the extra expense, one ATO that comes to my mind is Ontrackaviation, better check EASA compatibility, and of course APS ( Aircraft Performance Solutions) They have a base in Netherlands but though the training is top notch and extensive, it does cost a little fortune.

Good luck with your career and training, but do yourself a favour, check compatibility but also quality, shop around it may not cost that much more to spend your hard earned money wisely..

rudestuff
5th Nov 2021, 13:31
You aren't going to come out of flight school with any kind of ATPL I'm afraid 😜

Aerostar6
8th Nov 2021, 16:03
Try CRM Europe for UPRT training. Based at White Waltham near Maidenhead, UK. CAA and EASA approved.

https://www.crmeurope.com/

Mraviationguy
10th Nov 2021, 13:25
Thanks for all the responses!

vloodz
25th Mar 2022, 08:49
Hi,
Where can I check if UPRT is required if my multi-crew type rating is expired and/or not on my license anymore ?
Thank you,

flyingintheclouds
25th Mar 2022, 10:30
Try CRM Europe for UPRT training. Based at White Waltham near Maidenhead, UK. CAA and EASA approved.

https://www.crmeurope.com/

I also recommend here, very well run and great course.